• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Airmiles Shop the Block 2018 - BONUS MILES POSTING NOW

I got the same coupon number (Code 115) for IGA. Maybe we should have a post that keeps track of the coupon codes that should appear on our receipt?!? No PLU this time, only Coupon Code ###.

@Donald - my hero, isabellea suggested putting code on receipts in one place so that people can confirm codes so far

Shell - Promo 940, (AM on receipt ?)
IGA - 95 Cash AM Coupon 115, (no AM on receipt)
LCBO - product code (varies) (no AM on receipt)

Keeping the receipt codes in one place is a really good idea!

EXCELLENT idea, post #7 is now dedicated to this info!
Receipt codes

Instore offers at Shell may be Promo 939. Can someone else confirm?

Got second confirmation on another Board.

Last edited:
First attempt and it didn't count. Opted in for shell online, dh filled up and paid instore. Didn't take a coupon so it didn't count.
Would it possibly be due to this wording on the opt-in info??

Get 5 Bonus Miles!

Here’s how you can fulfill 1 AIR MILES® Shop the Block™ Bonus Offer by fuelling up at Shell and paying at pump:

1. To opt in to this offer, enter your AIR MILES Collector Number in the box below and click “Opt in.”

2. On your next fill-up of 25 L or more, simply pay at the pump and you’re good to go.

Would it possibly be due to this wording on the opt-in info??

Get 5 Bonus Miles!

Here’s how you can fulfill 1 AIR MILES® Shop the Block™ Bonus Offer by fuelling up at Shell and paying at pump:

1. To opt in to this offer, enter your AIR MILES Collector Number in the box below and click “Opt in.”

2. On your next fill-up of 25 L or more, simply pay at the pump and you’re good to go.

Oh the wording is clear imho, although a little odd. If you pay instore, husband was using a giftcard and therefore had to pay inside, you have to have the coupon even if you opt in. Opting in only covers paying at the pump. I'm sure the booklets were sitting on the counter in front of him lol.

Spent $54.36, 53 litres, got 6 AM, so I "think" it's on the receipt?

@Donald - my hero, isabellea suggested putting code on receipts in one place so that people can confirm codes so far

Shell - Promo 940, (AM on receipt ?)
IGA - 95 Cash AM Coupon 115, (no AM on receipt)
LCBO - product code (varies) (no AM on receipt)

My Shop The Block
So far I am moving along............it is going to be hard to wait till Dec 20 to finish the last one.

1.Shell spend $10.00 (snacks,lip balm,gum,Advil,water, etc) X2 Done:santa:
**used Shell GC purchased with Sobeys card.**

2.Rona use 285 cash airmiles (Outdoor Christmas Planters) X2 Done:santa:

3. L.C.B.O. two bottles of Port (2 staff gifts) X2 Done:santa:
**Used LCBO GC purchased with a Sobeys card**

4.Foodland spend $60.00 Nov 16th 1/2 self 1/2 school donation. Done:santa:
.**Used a previously bought Sobeys GC**

5.Rexall use 190 cash airmiles Nov 19th (Santa Sack stocking stuff) X2 (Maybe a Load N Go & Email too):dogdance:

6. Sobeys spend $100.00 Dec 6th (Big Xmas Shop). X1 (I will be using previously bought Gift Card for this).
BMO 25 Transactions,,25 $1.00 Amazon cards bought. X1 my card Done:santa:

7. Metro use 95 cash airmiles Dec 20 (last minute xmas stuff,,,cinnamon buns,fresh fruit,whip cream etc) X2

I find doing two cards at the same time takes a bit of focus.:magnify:
So far I am sticking to buying only things we need ,,other than one $60.00 donation.
Hugs to everyone as they Shop The Block.
Mel

Last edited:
For the AM Travel Hub booking - it has to be your first one ever, right? I don't think I've ever booked through there, but would hate to use it and find out I had at one point in time. I guess it would show on my AM account if I ever had.
Hubby is going to Toronto next weekend (surprise early 50th - Leaf Game!! His first ever and he's a major leaf fan! He's gonna flip when I tell him). Anyways, his friend booked a hotel but I was thinking I'd book and pay through the AM hub for the bonus!

Will be a bit more difficult to do the 7 this year, and more cash outlay, but I think I can do it. I'm heading to Ottawa for work in December, but unfortunately before the dates to use the Metro cash miles coupon. :(

I was going to order new bedding for all of us, so I'll have to pick those out before next week's Black Friday multiplier. I am a little nervous though about spending so much online right now with the Canada Post rotating strikes. Worried at some point (especially closer to Christmas) it'll be a full blown strike.

Was this asked about already? I just put my last ink cartridge in the printer. So I do need both color and black ink. That's almost $60. I'm sure I can spend $100 at Staples.

The Staples coupon says online or in-store. If I logged into the airmileshop and made my $100 Staples shop through them, that should take care of 2 in 1 right? Both the Spend $100 at Staples and the Spend $100 through airmileshops. How would I use the Staples coupon online though? Is there a spot to enter it in the checkout?

Last time I made a Staples purchase online was for the Back-to-School promo. But no coupon was required and I picked up in store. I don't recall if Staples' check-out asked for an AM card #.

Was this asked about already? I just put my last ink cartridge in the printer. So I do need both color and black ink. That's almost $60. I'm sure I can spend $100 at Staples.

The Staples coupon says online or in-store. If I logged into the airmileshop and made my $100 Staples shop through them, that should take care of 2 in 1 right? Both the Spend $100 at Staples and the Spend $100 through airmileshops. How would I use the Staples coupon online though? Is there a spot to enter it in the checkout?

Last time I made a Staples purchase online was for the Back-to-School promo. But no coupon was required and I picked up in store. I don't recall if Staples' check-out asked for an AM card #.

I've doubled up airmileshops and Staples promos in the past. Just enter the code on the back of the coupon, tomorrow's is "97679", into the coupon code field when you are checking out. It looks like this when you do it:

upload_2018-11-16_8-35-6.png

Have I said it starts TOMORROW yet lol??? I find with this round, it's a lot of money to be making mistakes and doing extras. So just wanted to be clear ... and mostly a note to self :)

Would it be devilish of me to pay an online bill with my Amex in $5 increments just to get the 25 purchases for STB? My total is $113 so that would be 22 charges.

No joke....this idea woke me up in the middle of the night. I think I have a problem:crazy:

Nope. People on RFD are purchasing .15 cents of Amazon gift cards in 25 separate purchases. So why not. LOL I'm seriously debating doing the same with AMEX.

Wait... would payments count? Or just purchases? I hate to burst your bubble, but I'm not sure payments would count as purchases.

Last edited:
I've doubled up airmileshops and Staples promos in the past. Just enter the code on the back of the coupon, tomorrow's is "97679", into the coupon code field when you are checking out. It looks like this when you do it:

View attachment 365597

Have I said it starts TOMORROW yet lol??? I find with this round, it's a lot of money to be making mistakes and doing extras. So just wanted to be clear ... and mostly a note to self :)

Thank you, thank you!!! I'll do this then. Yes, we have to be very careful this year and double check everything.

Would you believe a guy (girl?) on RFD has figured out how to do all 7 without spending a penny? Wish I could do the same offers he/she is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter