Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Just checked my Air Miles spreadsheet and I'm missing 996 air miles between Shop the Block and a targeted Explore new Partners, get more Miles promo from Feb. Just over $100 worth. I'm too busy to contact them this week but will next week.

Received the 1250 megamiles on two accounts that signed up for IGA newsletter, other two accounts that didn't sign up are waiting.

One of my splits was 50/50 cash/dream and that is how the points were allocated. Heads up for anyone that might want to do a last minute change and haven't received theirs yet.

Thanks for heads up about the Shell promo ending June 3rd.
I just picked up a Visa card and will use it this weekend at Rexall.
Hope I am calculating the cost on this: Buy 100 Visa/mastercard--get 110 airmiles at Shell (activation fee 5.95)
Go to Rexall and use 50.00 of the Visa to get 100 airmiles, then make a second 50.00 purchase to get another 100 airmiles.
So in total 300 airmiles ---total out of pocket expense is 5.95 right?

No mega miles posted for me yet.
Hugs Mel

Last edited:
Just to be clear on the Shell promo - I can't confirm it is ending early - I'm just playing forward some information posted on Smart Canucks thread I was reading.

That time when you decided to treat yourself to VIP showing of Infinity War for free using gift cards from online surveys and the mega miles post the night before.... so many questions you could answer but don't have access to all of your files aaakk , thanks to everyone stepping up to help everyone else out!!!

O/T Off Topic
Just need to vent
So I am planning some home Renos,,
First step is to replace old ductless air conditioner.
Got a quote from original company and just felt something wasn't right.
Moved along to another company that has a A+ rating and BBB accredited.
Unit purchased and they come out to install and guess what ?
:headache::headache::headache::(:upsidedow:worried:o_O the wiring is not up to code and the original air conditioning should never have been installed--:furious:
So now I have to get a drywaller to cut a 40 or more foot channel in my living room/dinning room/ laundryroom ceiling to put in new wiring.
Then I have to get an electrician to wire it up and then call back the airconditioning company to complete the install.
Soooooooooo I took a little drive to calm down and realize this is not a third world problem and I need to take this one step at a time
but in this heat and humidity I am a tad bit frustrated.
Guess I need to try and "Chill" somehow.
Thanks for listening
Hugs Mel

I just want to say you guys are amazing! You give such helpful advice.
I told my dh yesterday that we had till the end of June for the Shell offer, luckily I check this forum, EVERYDAY! LOL
I read what others said about buying prepaid master cards then using them to buy gift cards, Excellent Idea!!!
so my math says spend 5 x $100 on 1 airmiles card, then use the prepaid mc to purchase 5 x $100 gift cards on the 2nd airmiles card (need to buy wood for a new porch from Home Depot) so for $5.95 x 5=$30 activation fees, would net 1000 airmiles (500 on two different cards) or go the next day to buy the gift cards on the same airmiles card for 1000 airmiles on the same card... Is that correct?

O/T Off Topic
Just need to vent
So I am planning some home Renos,,
First step is to replace old ductless air conditioner.
Got a quote from original company and just felt something wasn't right.
Moved along to another company that has a A+ rating and BBB accredited.
Unit purchased and they come out to install and guess what ?
:headache::headache::headache::(:upsidedow:worried:o_O the wiring is not up to code and the original air conditioning should never have been installed--:furious:
So now I have to get a drywaller to cut a 40 or more foot channel in my living room/dinning room/ laundryroom ceiling to put in new wiring.
Then I have to get an electrician to wire it up and then call back the airconditioning company to complete the install.
Soooooooooo I took a little drive to calm down and realize this is not a third world problem and I need to take this one step at a time
but in this heat and humidity I am a tad bit frustrated.
Guess I need to try and "Chill" somehow.
Thanks for listening
Hugs Mel
Massive amount of ice cream is required

Thanks for heads up about the Shell promo ending June 3rd.
I just picked up a Visa card and will use it this weekend at Rexall.
Hope I am calculating the cost on this: Buy 100 Visa/mastercard--get 110 airmiles at Shell (activation fee 5.95)
Go to Rexall and use 50.00 of the Visa to get 100 airmiles, then make a second 50.00 purchase to get another 100 airmiles.
So in total 300 airmiles ---total out of pocket expense is 5.95 right?

No mega miles posted for me yet.
Hugs Mel

Correct, and the big bonus would be if you could find a shell with rexall gc and buy that with the visa. Dont think that exists.

I just want to say you guys are amazing! You give such helpful advice.
I told my dh yesterday that we had till the end of June for the Shell offer, luckily I check this forum, EVERYDAY! LOL
I read what others said about buying prepaid master cards then using them to buy gift cards, Excellent Idea!!!
so my math says spend 5 x $100 on 1 airmiles card, then use the prepaid mc to purchase 5 x $100 gift cards on the 2nd airmiles card (need to buy wood for a new porch from Home Depot) so for $5.95 x 5=$30 activation fees, would net 1000 airmiles (500 on two different cards) or go the next day to buy the gift cards on the same airmiles card for 1000 airmiles on the same card... Is that correct?

Correct.
On both just want to point out that the 5.95 is subject to the hst of course. I purchased 3 the other day so came out to just under $7 per card, but still a savings.

On another note, I did get my 1250 on both cards, have not seen the bonus points for the Sobeys gc yet, but still time.

Massive amount of ice cream is required

Yes mam and Metro just sent me an email notice that I can buy 3 boxes of ice cream and get airmiles with the purchase.
Hugs Hon
Mel

20180531-zone1-header-en.jpg

I got all excited when I saw all the posts about the mega miles posting...I checked my account and mine haven't posted. :sad:

Interesting little tid bit.....
I went to Shell to grab a few Visa cards and an Ultimate dinning card. I wasn't charged the activation fee on the Visa's but I think it was just the clerks error rather than something magical. She got a little flustered when part way through some A-----hole came in the store and started saying could you just hurry up, I need to pay for my gas.

It got even better...same "lovely person" ran outside pumped gas then came back in and literally threw some cash over the counter at the woman and then ran out.

Me too! I can finally check off the outstanding receivable on my spreadsheet. Odd that on my wife's account it has a little Mega Miles logo but mine says 'Courtesy of IGA'
No sign of Sobeys miles from the gift card offer

No sign of those extra points from Sobey's, though.

Also, no Sobey's miles. Wonder if people will have to fight for those.

No megamiles bonus points for me yet, getting nervous...

My Mega Miles haven't come it yet either. I hope I don't have to go tracking them down. I'll give it a couple more days.

I got all excited when I saw all the posts about the mega miles posting...I checked my account and mine haven't posted. :sad:

Those of you who have no big bonus miles posted, don't get too concerned yet it takes a few days for the big promos to roll out to the entire collector base. Anyone who received only a portion, go ahead and contact them now to chase the rest down. And finally, for those of us waiting on some of the individual coupons (including the Sobeys one) AM might be sticky about the time line -- i had to wait the full 75 days to get my miles for all the online shopping connected to StB (different than the 120 day for other bonus). If they are planning on pushing to the limit the 120 day mark is August 10th :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter