Airmiles Armchair Chatter

For Sobey's shoppers, you can go onto the Sobeys website and sign in with your airmiles card and get personalized offers. Most people are aware I'm sure, but I thought I would mention it in case someone wasn't. For example, one of my offers for this week is "Spend 70 get 60 airmiles". I'll probably spend right around that amount this weekend. Between the personal offer and the regular offers I should get another 100 airmiles tomorrow.

Thank you so much! Based on this, I loaded offers (for both my and my parents' card, since they have some miles and it is easier to just add to theirs so we can redeem as opposed to transferring them over) and went this evening. I also found out that since Friday is the changeover day, I was able to double-dip. This was particularly fabulous since my parents' account has a spend $45 get $15 offer last week and a spend $45 get 45 for this week. Used them both and got 60 AM for $45. I had a similar offer for spend $75, so was able to get 80 all said and done.

So my big brag is I spent $130 all in and ended up with 130 AM for my parents' account and another 130 for mine!! Very excited about that! Will be going to Rexall tomorrow for their spend $50 get 50 offer!

Thank you so much! Based on this, I loaded offers (for both my and my parents' card, since they have some miles and it is easier to just add to theirs so we can redeem as opposed to transferring them over) and went this evening. I also found out that since Friday is the changeover day, I was able to double-dip. This was particularly fabulous since my parents' account has a spend $45 get $15 offer last week and a spend $45 get 45 for this week. Used them both and got 60 AM for $45. I had a similar offer for spend $75, so was able to get 80 all said and done.

So my big brag is I spent $130 all in and ended up with 130 AM for my parents' account and another 130 for mine!! Very excited about that! Will be going to Rexall tomorrow for their spend $50 get 50 offer!
That's great!!! And thank you for letting me know I can double dip! I had two offers today and I'll know to go on Friday now for the "Spend X Get X" offers.

I spent $102 at Sobey's today and ended up with 156 airmiles. I'm inching closer. 1100 airmiles to go to get to the 7 day ticket.
Does anyone know if you can add days to the armiles tickets while at Disney? Ideally I would get the 5 day and just add one more day.

Your airmiles ticket is just like any other Disney ticket. Once you have used it once for entry to a park you can have it upgraded to add a day/park hoppers etc.

I spent $102 at Sobey's today and ended up with 156 airmiles. I'm inching closer. 1100 airmiles to go to get to the 7 day ticket.
Does anyone know if you can add days to the armiles tickets while at Disney? Ideally I would get the 5 day and just add one more day.
Yes, done it many times. Just be sure to enter a park with the ticket first, before making any changes.

Just had this conversation with the cashier at my Rexall this morning. Put them through as two separate transactions with two separate payments. Rexall won't allow two bonus coupons to go through at the same time hence the reason for the conversation with the cashier. The cashiers don't care and they will process your two payments and you will get all the points.

Awesome! So if I do find I have $60 of products to buy, I will do that. Diapers are always good to stock up on, but I did find out that they are not Air Miles eligible at Rexall (and maybe others? I don't know). The cashier was telling me that it is not a popular thing to have to say to those crazy Air Miles collecting moms! :)

I was just going to post about the spend $50 get 100 at Rexall this weekend. And I can't believe diapers aren't airmiles eligible. I can see gift cards and stamps etc. But diapers?

Diapers? Really? I swear I just bought some to get bonus Air Miles before Christmas... Maybe it's a recent change. :confused3

So I just went and stocked up on coffee at Rexall. I bought six of the Folgers on sale for $6.99. Not the greatest price, but there was an offer on checkout51 for Buy2 get $3 that you can use three times. So that brought the price down to $5.50 each before taxes which is much better than I've been paying for coffee on sale. I bought a few more things to get me up to my $50 spend and got 102 airmiles.

Off to Sobeys tomorrow where I plan to spend $70 and have a list that will get me another 100 airmiles. I got another Spend $70 get 60 airmiles this week. Not too shabby. :)

For the Sobeys offers you load on your card...do you see the bonus miles on your receipt or will they show up later on your air miles account? I load my offers but I never seem to get the bonus miles when I spend a certain amount or buy specific products. Am I missing something?

For the Sobeys offers you load on your card...do you see the bonus miles on your receipt or will they show up later on your air miles account? I load my offers but I never seem to get the bonus miles when I spend a certain amount or buy specific products. Am I missing something?
Looking at my receipt now. "The Spend X Get X" offers are listed right above the subtotal for the receipt. The bonus miles I loaded for products are listed under each product on the receipt. And the total miles earned are in an "AirMiles" box at the bottom of the receipt. So if you aren't seeing them on the receipt there is a problem and they aren't loading. I would call or submit an inquiry.

allykat73, I was at Sobey's a few weeks ago and my Airmiles didn't add up to what I thought they should be when I checked out. I went through my receipt and determined that none of my loaded offers were added to the airmiles count. Fortunately I print off my loaded offers to remind myself what it is I am buying. I took that printout to the customer service and they admitted they were having issues with the loaded offers coming through automatically. Maybe this is what happened to you. I work hard to shop for those airmiles and I'm not going to miss out on one. Print your "Loaded offers" and take it with you. All your airmiles should be on the receipt before you walk out that door.

On the Sobey's website once you load your offers and you click on the loaded offers page there is an option to print your loaded offers. It takes just a moment and gives you backup you may need at the store.

Thanks ottawamom and pigletto. I called the customer service and got all my missing airmiles. :-) She did say some stores were having issues with the loaded offers. Thanks for your help. :-)

Thanks ottawamom and pigletto. I called the customer service and got all my missing airmiles. :-) She did say some stores were having issues with the loaded offers. Thanks for your help. :-)
Oh good!! I'm glad they helped you out!

Glad to hear it. Sobey's does make errors with Airmiles regularly but they are really good about correcting things. Just keep an eye out for what you're entitled to and ask for it if its not there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter