• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

You'll one of the first 2 (if you spend $50, you'll get the 8000, if you only spend $30, you'll get 10X). You don't get both of the threshold spends. They $15 on brands is different and it stacks with either of the other 2.

I've tried stacking the $15/4k Loblaws coupon and it didn't work, perhaps I was purchasing a product that didn't get entered in the system properly??? Anyway, good to know, I'll try it again tomorrow.

Update: I was at Shoppers this afternoon with a 2k wus $10 and 4k wus $15 on Loblaws products loaded. Spent $15 and received the 4k but not the 2k, the 2k is still loaded. Last time I tried to stack I had 12k/$50 and $15/4k Loblaws and only received the 12k. YMMV.

Didn't get to Rexall, perhaps tomorrow.

Last edited:
I've tried stacking the $15/4k Loblaws coupon and it didn't work, perhaps I was purchasing a product that didn't get entered in the system properly??? Anyway, good to know, I'll try it again tomorrow.

Update: I was at Shoppers this afternoon with a 2k wus $10 and 4k wus $15 on Loblaws products loaded. Spent $15 and received the 4k but not the 2k, the 2k is still loaded. Last time I tried to stack I had 12k/$50 and $15/4k Loblaws and only received the 12k. YMMV.

Didn't get to Rexall, perhaps tomorrow.

The 4000pt coupon has been problematic. It should be stacking, but I know the Shoppers I go to wasn't having it post for anyone. In fact, I'm contacting them now because mine didn't go through. That's a problem with the system, it's not because they aren't supposed to stack.

ETA - the cashier was sure they should both work and said that it wasn't posting for anyone. I've done it before as part of a bigger spend and had it work properly.

I'm online with AM chat. Does anyone remember the link to the Insurance quiz that was 25 AM? They are asking for the link and I can not find it.

PC Plus is really good this week for me. I think I'll just buy one $200 gc at Sobeys to get 100 miles, then rack up the points at Superstore.

Wow, nothing in next week's flyers either... bah. I think I'll just use my IGA coupons with the 100AM if you spent $100. Also another lousy change I noticed. I used to get a load and go offer from IGA (spent $160, get 35AM). It used to stack on top of the 100AM for $100 coupon, but it doesn't now. Computer glitch? Or change in the system?

I can't see the GC deal in my Sobey's flyer. Is that for a specific area?

We were outta town for a bit and i couldn't answer this using my phone .... sorry!
OK, for the travel vouchers (and i won't be getting into the can of worms over the value now compared to before or in the future since this isn't something we can solve or pretend to comprehend!)

1. Vouchers do NOT expire - someone has some of them already and shared the fine print with us (@bababear_50)
  2. There is no limit to the number of dream vouchers you can use this info is on BOTH the AM site and the travel agency site
  3. These can only be used on package or cruise bookings, so no go on the Disney rooms
  4. There will be an option to book travel packages/cruise on-line at some point in 2018 (i ain't holding my breath on a timeline)
  5. Deciding to cash in as soon as you get enough for a voucher is a personal thing, for us it's fun watching the balance grow -- but dang thing hasn't budged since the new year, but others want to have them in hand.
What you've seen and experienced with customer service (both on-line, over the phone & even in person) is confusion over a relatively new system that is just different enough from the previous one to be mistaken as NOT different. THAT had a limit to the quantity of vouchers used (still exists for cash vouchers) Add a dash of some AM reps who are still pretty green and things get messy. I'm by no means an expert on this subject, just sharing the info I've collected in my files :D

Thanks, that is helpful.

If you have a Jean Coutu, they have another promo spend 95AM cash and get 95AM until Wednesday.

Just saw the Rexall flyer for tomorrow. They have a spend $50 get 100am for Friday and Saturday, so looks like I'll skip the email coupon and go tomorrow. Hopefully I can scrape together the $50.

Safeway's flyer is a bust for me. I'm going to stop today and pick up some more McD's pods and water while there's still am deals on them.

This stupid gut really has been beaten down this go round! Slow on the draw with the flyers this week .. let's see what we have (from the sounds of it not much!!)
Rexall ON Rexall West
  • Having a bit of trouble sorting out the deets but it looks like if you spend $50.00 you can get CARP for free, and then get 20% off all Rexall brand products everyday.
  • Friday & Saturday ONLY Spend $50 get 100 AM
  • ****Flyer is only good till Wednesday again***
Sobeys Urban Fresh
Flyers says 1270 AM this week but they must have used the cloak of invisibilty on them cause i ain't seeing ANY!
Sobeys ON

• Spend $75.00 get 15X base miles Fri-Sun MUST use coupon from the flyer
  • Chicken Franks or Bacon (neither of which sound or look appetizing!) $3.99 buy 2 get 25 AM
  • Chunky Soup $1.99 buy 4 get 20 AM
Sobeys West
  • Spend $100 get 100 AM
  • Salmon "things" $7.99 buy 1 get 15 AM
  • Cold Cuts starting at $2.99 buy 2 get 10 AM
  • Maple Syrup $6.99 buy 1 get 20 AM
  • Jamieson vitamins 20% off buy 4 get 100 AM (This is excellent return! When Rexall has spend $30 get 50 we stock up!)
  • Webber vitamins 20% off buy 2 get 50 AM
Sobeys Atlantic
  • $200 gift card get 100 AM Thursday - Saturday, need coupon from flyer
  • Old El Paso products buy 2 get get 15 AM (looks like Bugels are included 2/$5)
  • Lots of other piddly offers
Foodland ON
  • Same gross chickee products $4.49 buy 2 get 30 AM
Foodland Atlantic
  • They brag about 125 AM availble in the flyer this week :P
  • Glad sandwich bags $2 buy 2 get 10 AM
  • Several offers that are around the 1:1 ratio ...

** oops forgot Metro!
Metro ON

• Use 95 Cash Miles get 50 AM Thursday - Sunday
  • Christie/Peek Frean/Dad's cookies 2 for $6 get 15 AM
  • Danone Yogurts either $3.99 or $4.99 buy 3 get 20 AM

Last edited:
Well I am struggling here... I decided to shop No frills tonight and skip Sobeys/Foodland.
Even my targeted grocery offers were crappy.
I am scanning the Rexall flyer to see if there is enough I need to = a $50.00 spend, again I might just skip Rexall this week too. I used to stock up on Toilet paper and paper towels but they are limiting the amounts now.
Two weeks of a dry spell for me.
Hugs Mel

I did the Metro yogurt deal today and thought it might be worth mentioning, spent $10.47 on 3 Oikos plain greek yogurt 500g $3.49x3, basically same price I'd pay elsewhere.
20 am for buying 3 and cashed in for the bonus 50 airmiles.

I received an additional 6 airmiles personal offer, just a reminder to check your personal offers.

Heads Up
Onyx exclusive
1 airmile
Max 2 per collector
Hugs Mel
2016_Badge_Onyx.png

Richmond_2018_ONYX-EN.jpg

More views:
Dinner for One (1) at Richmond Station with Chef Carl Henrich - Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - Toronto

Chef Carl Heinrich cooked his way to television victory on Top Chef Canada’s Season 2 finale with a four-course meal and now, you have the opportunity to have Chef cook for you at an AIR MILES ONYX event that is not to be missed.

Richmond Station is a stopping place, a bustling neighborhood restaurant in the downtown core that is committed to delicious food and excellent hospitality.

This ONYX exclusive winemaker’s dinner, hosted by Chef is a perfect night.

OH man, I would LOVE this deal -- I watched him cook his heart out to win that year!! It is even a perfect day for me since i need to be in the city at butt-crack-of-stupid o'clock on the Thursday but hubby is busy :sad1:

Heads Up
Onyx exclusive
1 airmile
Max 2 per collector
Hugs Mel
2016_Badge_Onyx.png

Richmond_2018_ONYX-EN.jpg

More views:
Dinner for One (1) at Richmond Station with Chef Carl Henrich - Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - Toronto

Chef Carl Heinrich cooked his way to television victory on Top Chef Canada’s Season 2 finale with a four-course meal and now, you have the opportunity to have Chef cook for you at an AIR MILES ONYX event that is not to be missed.

Richmond Station is a stopping place, a bustling neighborhood restaurant in the downtown core that is committed to delicious food and excellent hospitality.

This ONYX exclusive winemaker’s dinner, hosted by Chef is a perfect night.

Thanks for sharing this! I ordered 2 and hope DH can go with me. If not, maybe DSIL. I wonder about gratuity. How much to tip if I don’t know the value of the dinner? Website states Tasting Menu starts at $55.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing this! I ordered 2 and hope DH can go with me. If not, maybe DSIL. I wonder about gratuity. How much to tip if I don’t know the value of the dinner? Website states Tasting Menu starts at $55.

Hi Hon
It says all taxes and gratuity included,,I am wondering if people traditionally leave a little something extra?
  • Overview
  • Terms & Conditions
Wednesday, February 21st at 6:30pm

Richmond Station
1 Richmond Street West, Suite 120

The exclusive AIR MILES Package for one (1) includes:
  • Welcome cocktail and canapes upon arrival
  • 3-course meal with wine parings hosted by Chef Carl Heinrich
  • All taxes and gratuities

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter