Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I would love to offer to help out our fellow hunters who are in coupon dry areas of the country!! I would be more than willing to do the chocolate bar and combine it with the redeem cash miles to give you 2 -- i pass a few Sobeys when I'm in Toronto and now that i know i need to insist the miles get added I could do that. Not sure if i saw the taco kits but i could look. Just start a PM with me, email me a copy of your card and we'll set up when you can unlock your account.

I would love to offer to help out our fellow hunters who are in coupon dry areas of the country!! I would be more than willing to do the chocolate bar and combine it with the redeem cash miles to give you 2 -- i pass a few Sobeys when I'm in Toronto and now that i know i need to insist the miles get added I could do that. Not sure if i saw the taco kits but i could look. Just start a PM with me, email me a copy of your card and we'll set up when you can unlock your account.

Jacqueline - you are an awesome person! I appreciate the offer, but I'm still pretty happy with 1000.

The StB coupon out in the west that really irks me is the sobeys one. It's basically the same offer that sobeys does every weekend (spend 100, get 95/100/whatever), but it was only available for one weekend, and it was the weekend after Blue Friday!

I decided not to use it, because I had just spent a bunch on Blue Friday, thinking we would see more coupons like it as the StB period went on. But nope--just the one grocery coupon for us in the West! I mean, Blue Friday is a pretty great way to build up lots of miles. But it still seems terrible.

I'm not complaining too hard because I will make 7 or 8 of the coupons without really changing my spending habits. But it is irksome how differently air miles runs in the different parts of the country. I'm sure this is how lots of ON peeps feel around our monthly Blue Friday bonuses, so I know we're all wishing we could have access to the great deals we see everywhere!

The StB coupon out in the west that really irks me is the sobeys one. It's basically the same offer that sobeys does every weekend (spend 100, get 95/100/whatever), but it was only available for one weekend, and it was the weekend after Blue Friday!

I decided not to use it, because I had just spent a bunch on Blue Friday, thinking we would see more coupons like it as the StB period went on. But nope--just the one grocery coupon for us in the West! I mean, Blue Friday is a pretty great way to build up lots of miles. But it still seems terrible.

I'm not complaining too hard because I will make 7 or 8 of the coupons without really changing my spending habits. But it is irksome how differently air miles runs in the different parts of the country. I'm sure this is how lots of ON peeps feel around our monthly Blue Friday bonuses, so I know we're all wishing we could have access to the great deals we see everywhere!

Agreed about the Safeway/Sobey's coupon - we were out of the country, and didn't get back until after the coupon expired.

I thought I could do it, but I'd have to use the Rexall spend $40 on fragrance (our store's selection isn't that great and I'm not going to waste $40 on the nasty stuff they have). I'd also have to use a coupon from Global Pet Foods, which I've never shopped at before. One of our dogs is allergic to chicken and is on a specified diet - we all know what can happen when you change a dog's food so I'm not going to chance it.

Rexall coupon here
Hugs Mel
EmailDec4-AM50.jpg

I don't know how to send a link to it so I sent it to Jacqueline--hopefully she can post a link
Hugs Mel

Last edited:
Rexall coupon here
Hugs Mel
EmailDec4-AM50.jpg

I don't know how to send a link to it so I sent it to Jacqueline--hopefully she can post a link
Hugs Mel

I wonder why it only goes till Wednesday... I was hoping it would be a little better, since my L&G is 100am wus $80.

Just got back from Rexall. Spent $88.69, got 174 air miles. Not my best, but got a bunch of stocking stuffers taken care of.

I asked the cashier about the coupon expiring early, and he didn't know why. He actually said that there have been times that they find out about sales/specials from customers, not their head office, lol.

Agreed about the Safeway/Sobey's coupon - we were out of the country, and didn't get back until after the coupon expired.

I thought I could do it, but I'd have to use the Rexall spend $40 on fragrance (our store's selection isn't that great and I'm not going to waste $40 on the nasty stuff they have). I'd also have to use a coupon from Global Pet Foods, which I've never shopped at before. One of our dogs is allergic to chicken and is on a specified diet - we all know what can happen when you change a dog's food so I'm not going to chance it.

oh i get that! we have a cat who can only eat food from the vet. i usually get some treats as christmas gifts for family pets, so that’s my plan for global pets. or you could get some food for a local shelter or rescue? but of course, then you’re spending money just for miles and maybe it won’t feel worth it.

I'm super impatient today. Just checked my email and I have the coupon so here it is but Jacqueline just beat me to the punch.

Mel to link something open up a new tab and open the link from Rexall. Type your reply here on this discussion board then click on the icon that looks like a chain link above in the tool bar when you're typing your reply. That opens up a new box. Copy the address for the coupon https... into this box and click insert. It's that easy.

Don't know if that helps, hope so.

I'm super impatient today. Just checked my email and I have the coupon so here it is but Jacqueline just beat me to the punch.

Mel to link something open up a new tab and open the link from Rexall. Type your reply here on this discussion board then click on the icon that looks like a chain link above in the tool bar when you're typing your reply. That opens up a new box. Copy the address for the coupon https... into this box and click insert. It's that easy.

It's actually even easier if you want it to just be a simple link and not fancy-pants like I've learned to do.
***Directions for a Windows based computer, i know NADA about Apples or smart phones :P

1. Open whatever link in a new tab
  2. Highlight the address bar and right click and select "copy"
  3. Then to insert it in your post simply right click and choose "paste"

Your link will then look like this (using same coupon link)
http://images.rexall.ca/newsletter/2017/Dec04/Dec4COUPON-3050-ONMB.pdf

Donald and Ottawamom

lol..............lol................. lol
I live with two sons--one a computer programmer and one a computer systems analyst ....
I usually just make them do stuff for me . Sometimes they try the old "Mam have you tried turning the computer on and then off" routine on me. I did not contribute to any of their natural computer abilities.
I'll give it a try in the future but no promises.
Yeah I think I will wait for Thursday and see what's posted.
Thanks guys
Hugs Mel

Does anyone have any need for a large order at Staples? I have a one-time coupon code for Spend $200 get 100 AM up for grabs :D

I hear the pain of our westcoast peeps. But look at it this way. If you have the 5 for 1000. Then the extra 2 needed just need to cost less than70bucks to make it worth it. Remember t hat extra 1000am is worth over 100 bucks. So finding something less is having them pay you. So sometimes buying sometjkng and donating it might be worth it. That is why so many bought pickels. AM paid you too. So do your math and hope it works for you all. Good Luck

I opted in to the STB BMO 25 transaction promo for 0 airmiles. Of course I don't get an additional BMO offer. Hmmm, guess who won't bother with BMO next year!
I did the same....and now I'm working on the 25 transactions with AMEX. I'm doing my charitable givings-that I usually do between Christmas and New Years-now. :) That will definitely help! AND, that will be #7 of STB for me. So, fingers crossed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter