• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

You might want to double check but I think Staples is $45 minimum.

I also see a Sobeys 25 bonus posted but I don't know what it's for. My shop there last weekend was short over 50 (I think 70 some) miles. I have to go and look at my receipt again.
UGH WE spent almost $60 and i told the guy " I have my coupon " and he said " I have it here" and I Said "But its the one for the main airmiles bonus" and i gave it to him....and he still used his as it was 'easier'. i am worried that my staples purchase won't count now. Grrrr. I am going to get a screen shot of my airmiles to date to see if you all agree that i am missing that one .

Ok here is my screen shot (the lowes online airmiles.ca was returned so it doesnt count) so i think that with the 25 mastercard purchases, i am still one short?

Attachments

• IMG_8506.JPG
    IMG_8506.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 9
Ok here is my screen shot (the lowes online airmiles.ca was returned so it doesnt count) so i think that with the 25 mastercard purchases, i am still one short?

You have Staples, airmiles shops, Rona, Shell and probably mastercard? That should be good!

Check your actual Staples receipt to see if it says promo 69932. That's what mine says. Mine doesn't say anything special on my airmiles page that is different than yours. If I were you, I'd get one more. Do you have a Rexall close by? That is an easy one.

Last edited:

UGH WE spent almost $60 and i told the guy " I have my coupon " and he said " I have it here" and I Said "But its the one for the main airmiles bonus" and i gave it to him....and he still used his as it was 'easier'. i am worried that my staples purchase won't count now. Grrrr. I am going to get a screen shot of my airmiles to date to see if you all agree that i am missing that one .

I don't understand customer service nowadays. Shouldn't what's easier for the customers be done first?

I forgot I had to unlock my cash account before scanning my airmiles card and I wanted to use the cash miles at Sobey's for the MM deal. The young cashier told me there were still no cash miles showing after I unlocked the account. He told me I couldn't use it. I told him I had to use it. And asked if I can just pay for the two LCBO GCs, and cancel the $13 worth of grocery items to be re-rung again. He then rolled his eyes, kissed his teeth and cancelled everything! Once he did the purchase again. The cash miles showed up and everything was ok. I apologized for the inconvenience and not knowing to unlock the account prior ringing through my stuff though. Yet customer service could have been better!

Thanks Mel! It means I need to get a gift card first. DD has an account. Can I load the evouchers to her account and then use her account to get the in-store gift cards? I just redeemed $200 in Starbucks evouchers. I was planning to use them at WDW. However, it seems to be better use in getting gift cards for Christmas.

Thanks for sharing best practices in effective use of AM!

:thanks:

Hi Hon
Maybe just take the e-vouchers into a starbucks and ask them to load what you want onto a gift card?
Hugs Mel

So just looked on the airmiles site, still an option for reduced park passes. Gone on the Disney site. Was able to go to checkout on AM site, just did not have enough points for it to go through.
Good luck to any that might try to score them still.

Spend $161 at Sobeys yesterday, earned 353 air miles :). Plus, I got another MM coupon done.

One of the last MM offers both DH and I plan to use is for Pharmasave, buy any 2 pharmasave-branded products. Sounds easy. Hopefully they have cheap stuff like mini hand sanitizers, lip balm etc.

I really have to get on the ball and start redeeming my cash miles. I'm planning on having at least $1300 by January 1 and that money is going towards our US cash. Same with PC Plus, gotta start cashing in those points!

Spend $161 at Sobeys yesterday, earned 353 air miles :). Plus, I got another MM coupon done.

One of the last MM offers both DH and I plan to use is for Pharmasave, buy any 2 pharmasave-branded products. Sounds easy. Hopefully they have cheap stuff like mini hand sanitizers, lip balm etc.

I really have to get on the ball and start redeeming my cash miles. I'm planning on having at least $1300 by January 1 and that money is going towards our US cash. Same with PC Plus, gotta start cashing in those points!
you can cash in points on airmiles for actual US cash? same with PC points?

I know I am not maximizing my pc points. I just scan at the cash and when i get to 20,000 i trade in for $20 off. I didn't realize that there is another element to this?

You have Staples, airmiles shops, Rona, Shell and probably mastercard? That should be good!

Check your actual Staples receipt to see if it says promo 69932. That's what mine says. Mine doesn't say anything special on my airmiles page that is different than yours. If I were you, I'd get one more. Do you have a Rexall close by? That is an easy one.
Yes I think I have to do that to err on the side of caution. I will see if I can find my receipt. :)

Just back from a rather frustrating Metro trip --- we were expecting to be able to do the buy 4 get 50 AM at least twice and discovered that the products included aren't things we like/need. The "ice cream" aren't actual "ice cream" icky non-dairy stuff, large jars of mayo, massive containers of margarine. We were able to do the buy 3 get 20 AM though & several targeted offers to snag 94 Am for just over $100, not terrific but the best haul from Metro in close to 2 months.

**side note, not related to AM .. we need burgers for tomorrow and I can't have any spices -- the only frozen burgers Metro carries that fit that are made from US beef .. uhm, NO thanks (don't get that when CDN beef is so good??) so decided to try Costco :crazy2: 15 minutes circling the parking lot before we gave up and came home!

you can cash in points on airmiles for actual US cash? same with PC points?

I know I am not maximizing my pc points. I just scan at the cash and when i get to 20,000 i trade in for $20 off. I didn't realize that there is another element to this?
I think what people are talking about is a bit of mental juggling of funds.... One person has mentioned when they get to the point of having $100.00 in PC points they will chuck a $100.00 Visa card in with a grocery order that is close to $100.00 and *imagine* that the card was free instead of the groceries. Make sense?? Someone will chime in I'm sure as to how they do this mathematical maneuvering .

Just back from a rather frustrating Metro trip --- we were expecting to be able to do the buy 4 get 50 AM at least twice and discovered that the products included aren't things we like/need. The "ice cream" aren't actual "ice cream" icky non-dairy stuff, large jars of mayo, massive containers of margarine. We were able to do the buy 3 get 20 AM though & several targeted offers to snag 94 Am for just over $100, not terrific but the best haul from Metro in close to 2 months.

I was disappointed with this as well. The other stuff was on sale however they were not included in the AM offer. I ended up picking up 3 of the non dairy stuff and a box of some sort of treats to get the AM. I must say I was pleasantly surprised when I tasted two of the different flavors. I may go back and get some more. The PB&cookie wowed me!
I'm glad I experimented. It was better than any non dairy I've ever had.

I think what people are talking about is a bit of mental juggling of funds.... One person has mentioned when they get to the point of having $100.00 in PC points they will chuck a $100.00 Visa card in with a grocery order that is close to $100.00 and *imagine* that the card was free instead of the groceries. Make sense?? Someone will chime in I'm sure as to how they do this mathematical maneuvering .
Makes sense 100% i do the same. I thought i was was missing out on something. Lol

I've got to say while it was great to be able to use the Starbucks card at Disney, the line-ups in the store were soooo long. I ended up just walking by them most of the time.
I agree that the lines appear to be far too long to wait in but we always do and it moves VERY quickly. I use my AM for Starbucks money so that we can get breakfast on our park
I got Magnum ice cream bars and they are really good. Not something I would normally buy. A tad pricey but it's ok just this once. They also had Ben & Jerry's.

Another way of doing it is using your PC points to pay for your groceries and then putting the cash that it would have cost in your vacation fund. Same goes for redeeming AM cash miles. Basically the same thing as getting a Visa GC just minus the activation fee.

For the PC points folks there are a ton of bonus points this week at RCSS. Almost all of the new Insider's Report products have high amounts of points. There are items not listed in the flyer that have points attached to them. One that I picked up was chilled brewed coffee...$3.99 with 2000 PC points. My DD loves iced coffee and is going to try it tomorrow. If she likes it I will pick up several cartons and put them in the freezer for her.

I got Magnum ice cream bars and they are really good. Not something I would normally buy. A tad pricey but it's ok just this once. They also had Ben & Jerry's.
In our store the ONLY Ben & Jerry's stuff that was included was the non-dairy stuff and we couldn't justify the ice cream bars at that price.... even at the $ - AM ratio it's not a product we need in the house (read that: the duck would eat them ALL far too quickly!!)

In our store the ONLY Ben & Jerry's stuff that was included was the non-dairy stuff and we couldn't justify the ice cream bars at that price.... even at the $ - AM ratio it's not a product we need in the house (read that: the duck would eat them ALL far too quickly!!)
I agree on the bars. I actually walked away from the freezer and thought about it. In the end I got them because I've wanted to try the Magnum products, they just look so tasty. I bought three boxes of Magnum bars but only two in flavours that I like so I'm fairly safe on the amount that I will eat. Plus, I stashed them in the bottom of my chest freezer = I'm going to think twice about digging one out.

Another way of doing it is using your PC points to pay for your groceries and then putting the cash that it would have cost in your vacation fund. Same goes for redeeming AM cash miles. Basically the same thing as getting a Visa GC just minus the activation fee.

Yes, sorry. That is what I meant. I just cash in the points/miles and whatever the dollar amount was, I put that same amount of money in our savings account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter