Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Heather, sorry to bring this reality check re all the walking. 3km is only worth about 150 calories. Everyday when I finish my walk I think about what I can splurge on and it's not much.

I am also a kids meal eater at Disney that or DH and I split an adult meal.

Ah, sending hugs! It's hard to start a new routine for everyone, and when you are having one of those days, everything seems to go to heck in a handbasket.

How big is your puppy? The retirement home that my mom was supposed to go to (she changed her mind-couldn't fathom moving, despite our reassurances) had a pet policy. They could have/look after pets under 30 pounds.

Good start on the weight loss. I always eat kids meals at Disney. It's always been enough. And I get the milk to boot. 🥛 :-)

Finn is supposed to be 25 lbs but I think he's put on a few over the winter. But that is good to know. I believe they are allowed pets.

I can't drink milk but I do like those little water bottles they have with the kids meals.

I too either order a kids meal or split something with DD. I find I'm never hungry when we are busy at the parks but I can't skip meals or else I get a migraine. DD on the other hand has a hollow leg and can eat non stop. No joke...she needs to be fed and watered every few hours. Kind of irritates me, she knows she needs snacks and yet will not pack anything.

Heather, sorry to bring this reality check re all the walking. 3km is only worth about 150 calories. Everyday when I finish my walk I think about what I can splurge on and it's not much.

I am also a kids meal eater at Disney that or DH and I split an adult meal.
I do average 18 km walking at Disney, so I feel like that has to be worth something lol. It was over 1000 more calories than my calorie burn over normal days. I will hope it lets me hold steady at least :D

My Airmiles CHAT this morning
MERCEDES
I'll be happy to check it for you. Other than this, do you have other question or request today?

9:09 AM

MERCEDES
Thank you. yes it will be rolling out tomorrow, from April 6 – 20, 2023 we’re bringing back the Carousel of Dream.

mail-jpeg.749718

Official Contest rules are on the APP but I don't know how to transfer things from my phone,,, sorry.
Hugs Mel

Last edited:

Just completed a very successful online chat with Lori and cleaned up all of my missing miles from online shopping over the Christmas holidays. Another 1,285 miles added to the account which brings us back over 10K again and well on our way back to Disney for our do-over revenge travel trip!

Here's how we spent the miles and what they got us for the trip. Nope I don't care if I got a good deal or not, like their tagline now says It's All Gravy! Everyone knows how we collect the miles, never buy anything only for the miles but definitely know how to game the system :P

• Flights on Air Canada from Pearson to Orlando 6760
  • EARNED 750 by using our AMEX card to book the flights
  • Redeemed 420 miles for VIP movie tickets as a trial run for being with lots of people before heading south then mom landed in the hospital on January 2nd so we still have them
  • 10 day park-hoppers from Redtag 22,717 (ouch but had been hoping to get Annual Passes and expected to spend that much)
  • After Hours at Studios VIA Personal Shopper 4575
  • Rental car for the entire time (picked up at Doubletree Disney Springs to avoid airport driving)7230
  • Overnight stay at Sheraton Gateway before our flight 3840
Total miles used = 44764
Not shown above is that I finally used the last of my credit from the botched trip with Transat Travel when we cashed in a ton of miles for those $100 travel vouchers. I had used them to buy tickets on my account and then used that dollar value to buy After Hours tickets to Magic Kingdom

We ended up having both of those after hour event refunded onto gift cards for over $600 that we used towards our meals and final bill. We have 7 days of park-hoppers left on our account so we're well on our way to the next trip!

Last edited:
Just completed a very successful online chat with Lori and cleaned up all of my missing miles from online shopping over the Christmas holidays. Another 1,285 miles added to the account which brings us back over 10K again and well on our way back to Disney for our do-over revenge travel trip!

Here's how we spent the miles and what they got us for the trip. Nope I don't care if I got a good deal or not, like their tagline now says It's All Gravy! Everyone knows how we collect the miles, never buy anything only for the miles but definitely know how to game the system :P
Good for you. It is so easy to over analyze what is basically a free reward for being loyal to Airmiles.

Yes it is getting much harder but I sure got more than 2-3% than I would have gotten with a cash back credit card. I cashed in some points for a cruise and I certainly booked something that I would not have paid cash for.

I have little pockets for vouchers and points.

12,500 Dream Miles (savings for a big Epic Universe/UOR in 2026);
100,000 Aeroplan points
$700 in Air Canada credits
$125 x 3 Air Transat credits (delay from Mexico return flight)
$100 Flight Centre gift card
Scene+ and PC Optimum I cash those in regularly for my vacation fund, which is at a measily $25 right now LOL I cashed in $170 Optimum points last week on groceries, but I think I have to just use those as "food" money vs "vacation" money.

I am hoping DH and I can go to Punta Cana next April and use 2 of the 3 Air Transat credits and the Flight Centre one. I find it really difficult to part with my rewards now that it is so difficult to collect.

Freezing rain here all day. Power flickerd while I was working but stayed on. Now it's out. Estimated to be back at 3am. I will probably just go to bed. I am looking forward to next week with the 19/20 in the forecast for most of the week. Come on spring, you can do it!

Early blurry look at Metro Flyer Ont
https://flyers.smartcanucks.ca/canada/metro-on-flyer-april-6-to-122/all
Two days only spend 150.00 get 150 Airmiles.
Looks like Thursday & Saturday
I had to opt in on the airmiles website, it is also on the airmiles app. Please opt in so you don't miss the 150 air miles when shopping at Metro with the spend $150 get 150 air miles offer, 6 April to 8 April 2023. Limit one collector number per day. So you could end up with a total of 300 airmiles for one shop 6 April, and one shop on 8 April 2023. I don't believe any Metro stores will be open on Good Friday 7 April 2023. I will use the self checkers to ensure I spend $150.00 before taxes. Metro self checkers are very user friendly, and at my Metro store staff go out of their way to assist you at the self checkers.

Holy Moly Jacqueline!
Congratulations Hon!!!!
WOW
Bring on the Prizes,,good catch grabbing the screen shots .
Glad I'm not the only one up checking the APP out.

Last edited:
Ok the conveyor belt is unstuck and the suitcases are rolling...........
I got 5 free Airmiles & a 10x bonus ,,,not sure about that one yet ,,have to read up on it.
That's it for me.
Hugs Mel
bedtime.... nite all.

Last edited:
Terms & Conditions of the 10X
bfe0e9e6-d84a-448a-8817-62cbbd35d5f6.jpg

Terms and conditions 🧳

* Offer valid from April 6, 2023 to April 13, 2023. Valid at the three participating AIR MILES partners as outlined by the below terms. To qualify, eligible collectors must opt in to the offer prior to using their AIR MILES card at the time of eligible purchases at participating partners. Collectors will only need to opt in once during the offer period to qualify for all 3 of the offers outlined below. Collector must click on the “OPT IN” button in the offer invitation to participate in this offer.

BMO, Bank of Montreal:
10x Miles offer is available only for BMO®± AIR MILES® World Elite®* Mastercard®*and BMO®± AIR MILES® Mastercard®*cardholders who opt in and make purchases at any Shell and Metro locations, excluding Thunder Bay, or online at metro.ca, from April 6 – 13, 2023.

BMO AIR MILES Mastercard: 10 AIR MILES Reward Miles will be awarded for every $25 in purchases made at eligible Shell and Metro stores during the offer period, including the base earn rate

BMO AIR MILES World Elite Mastercard: 10 AIR MILES Reward Miles will be awarded for every $12 in purchases made at eligible Shell and Metro stores during the offer period, including the base earn rate

A maximum of 300 Miles can be earned per collector number for eligible cumulative spend at Metro and Shell locations in connection with this BMO offer.

Purchase transactions do not include cash advances, balance transfers, interest charges, fee payments, credit or debit adjustments, or any other amounts that may be charged to the account. To qualify for this offer, your BMO AIR MILES Mastercard account must be in good standing at the time the Miles are awarded. This offer can be combined with other offers. Please allow up to 90 days after the promotion end date for Miles to be posted to your collector account. The number of Miles will be rounded down to the nearest whole number. Fractions of Miles will not be awarded. Offer is subject to change without notice.
* Offer valid from April 6, 2023 to April 13, 2023. Valid at the three participating AIR MILES partners as outlined by the below terms. To qualify, eligible collectors must opt in to the offer prior to using their AIR MILES card at the time of eligible purchases at participating partners. Collectors will only need to opt in once during the offer period to qualify for all 3 of the offers outlined below. Collector must click on the “OPT IN” button in the offer invitation to participate in this offer.

Metro:
Valid at participating Metro locations in Ontario, excluding Thunder Bay. Minimum eligible purchase $60 must be spent in a single transaction to qualify. Multiplier offer applies to standard base offer of 1 Mile for every $20.00 spent in a single transaction, excluding taxes, tobacco, beer, wine, cider, Western Union, lottery, transit tickets, stamps, gift cards, prescription medications, behind-the-counter pharmacy items, and purchases from in-store vendors. AIR MILES card must be presented at the time of the purchase. Can be combined with other offers, and AIR MILES offers. A maximum of 100 Miles can be earned per collector number in connection with this Metro offer. Bonus Miles earned during the offer period are not eligible Miles and do not qualify for this offer.

Please allow up to 90 days after the end of the offer period for multiplier Miles to be posted to your collector account

Shell:
Offer valid April 6, 2023, to April 13, 2023, at participating Shell locations (excluding Shell Flying J locations).
Get 10X the AIR MILES Reward Miles on your purchase of any grade of Shell fuels and on qualifying non-fuel purchases (Excludes Tobacco products, Lottery tickets, gift cards, Prepaid credit cards, Phone cards, and any other goods or services specified from time to time or as excluded by law). This 10X multiplier offers applies to the Fuel base offer of 1 Reward Mile awarded per 10 L of any Shell V-Power® fuel or 1 Reward Mile awarded per 20 L of any Shell Bronze/Regular, Silver/Premium or Diesel fuels and to the base offer of 1 Reward Mile awarded per $5.00 non-fuel transaction. Maximum of 99 Miles per collector number for this offer. A valid AIR MILES Card must be presented/collector number entered at time of transaction. Offer may be combined with other Bonus Offers. Shell reserves the right to make changes to this offer and to terminate the offer at any time, for any reason and without notice. Please allow up to two (2) weeks post promotion for Miles to be posted to your collector account.

Now back to bed...............................

Hi Cari,, good score hon.🖐️
Hugs Mel

Last edited:
Go to Airmiles website (computer) ,,, see banner at top of page.... OPT IN.
see if that helps.

Also on the APP
below updates is where the online OPT In button is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter