• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Be thankful. I’ve driven to Brampton twice already this week and big kids ones how today and back up Sunday.
And kicker if this all instead of simply mandating masks or trying any migration efforts he was just informed second semester is “hybrid “ only labs in person. And it was announced the day after final residence payment was due .. oof
What University is this? I hope University’s are not going back on line but I do know Waterloo has a mask policy now.

Have spent days trying to find a place in Waterloo for my daughter , she had CoOp work term is this term and did not need a place there. If they are going hybrid not sure we would need it.

I actually go out of my way to pick up a few Airmiles here & there at Shell.
I decided to start reporting the missing miles using the online tab.
Today I get a *due to the amount of reported Missing Miles I will have to submit a copy of the receipt.
Nope for 5 Airmiles it's not worth my time.
Looks like Esso will be my go to place now.

Oh well it was good while it lasted.

Hugs
Mel

Currently
e-vouchers that are not available via Airmiles website are
1. Starbucks
2. Cineplex
3. Kernels
I asked today and Airmiles rep said they are coming back.. *Just being restocked*.
Good I want to cash in some cash Airmiles for Christmas Starbucks,:santa:

Last edited:
Sometimes things have a way of working themselves out.:)

Both sons due to Romantic /Work/ home relocation reasons have cancelled out on our Jan trip.

I cancelled the Family suite at Universal's Cabana Bay via Airmiles and the Airmiles went back into my account right away.
Westjet flight cancelled.,,,,,

Well now I just have to decide when and where to go solo. (I actually prefer/enjoy solo travel,,,sh don't tell them).::yes::

Hugs Mel

Moving forward the only place I am consistently getting AM is from Metro. DH often finds gas cheaper at other gas stations as we don't often make the 3 fill ups threshold in a month to generate the 50AM bonus at Shell.

Not a huge fan of online shopping through AM shops so I think I'll be out of collecting once I have spent all the AM I have stashed away. It was fun while it lasted. One positive I have taken away from it all is that I have become a much more careful shopper (reading the flyers and knowing my prices for things)
Other than shell, we don't have any stores here anymore to get airmiles from. Typically we fill up somewhere else that is significantly cheaper. I wish we could get AM at Metro here. Safeway had the monopoly, but since that's gone, hopefully Metro can be added at some point.
Otherwise it's mainly from AM Mastercard and airmiles shops. Seeing as we're trying not to spend because we have an upcoming trip, and we need a new vehicle by spring, we're not getting much there either!

Sometimes things have a way of working themselves out.:)

Both sons due to Romantic /Work/ home relocation reasons have cancelled out on our Jan trip.

I cancelled the Family suite at Universal's Cabana Bay via Airmiles and the Airmiles went back into my account right away.
Westjet flight cancelled.,,,,,

Well now I just have to decide when and where to go solo. (I actually prefer/enjoy solo travel,,,sh don't tell them).::yes::

Hugs Mel
Keep the trip for yourself and enjoy

I’m hacking with Shell. You don’t actually have to fill up, only 30L, once a week. Week ends Sunday night at midnight. I’ve found I can almost always make the minimum that way at some point during the week.

Other than that and Global Pet Food for the golden retriever, not much here either!

I’m hacking with Shell. You don’t actually have to fill up, only 30L, once a week. Week ends Sunday night at midnight. I’ve found I can almost always make the minimum that way at some point during the week.

Other than that and Global Pet Food for the golden retriever, not much here either!
We do the same...stop the pump at 30L. We can manage to get the 3 each month this way. It's funny, DH used to top up his tank 2-3 X per month. He would do it when the price was a little lower. Then I made him stop doing that over the summer while I had a good promo from Mastercard. Since his car is small he would have to let the tank drop to the 1/4 in order to get in 30L. Well, he discovered that he only needs to get gas once a month....and is now spending less money on gas.

For us filling up means squeezing 30L in and hoping it doesn't splash on the ground since we drive a Fit that gets ridiculous mileage 🤣

For us filling up means squeezing 30L in and hoping it doesn't splash on the ground since we drive a Fit that gets ridiculous mileage 🤣
We bought a hybrid RAV4 in the summer and found it to be the same. When DD was driving it, we were okay, but once she had her own car, it meant that it is just DH and I, and we don't go out and about much. I learned the hard way that to get those 30L in, I have to be below the 1/4 tank. And even at that it is squeeze, release, squeeze, release, squeeze, hold my breath and stand waaaay back from the car as I pump. :rotfl:

DD was buying Shell for her car and using my AM points card, but found that Esso in town is cheaper, so that extra help just died.

I just looked at my AM transactions. I am 82 away from Onyx. I still have some Amazon shopping to do, but we know how that goes. Perhaps I'll use my BMO MC this month for all the purchases-been using a cashback card-and try and get some points gathered on it, just to make the 5000 points.

Keep the trip for yourself and enjoy
LOL
Well I was just there a few weeks ago, Cabana Bay Resort
It would be great for those who love to swim ( Lazy River) & (Volcano Bay) ... but I don't swim in chlorinated water due to skin condition.
Salt water is good though.
I'm looking for Sunshine/warmth and shopping.
I'll find it.
Hugs
Mel

LOL
It would be great for those who love to swim ( Lazy River) & (Volcano Bay) ... but I don't swim in chlorinated water due to skin condition.
I'll find it.
Hugs
Mel

I'd vote for a cruise :) There are some good black friday deals. However most cruise lines you miss out on the best deals if you go alone. NCL does have some cabins for single people.

LOL
I'll find it.
Hugs
Mel
Have you thought about staying at the Endless Summer Resort? If you like shopping, that is a great place to be. The I-Ride trolly picks you up and goes up and down I-drive. On one end is the Vineland Outlets, at the other end is the International Outlets. Loads of stuff to do in between. It's easy and inexpensive to use. https://www.internationaldriveorlando.com/iride-trolley/

Then, of course, you can still do Universal Parks/City Walk and just a short Uber drive if you want to visit anything at Disney.
Hubby and I did this a few years ago and I would not hesitate to do it alone.

DD update....

She managed to squeeze in time at all 4 parks. They had all day Wednesday off and went to Epcot then MK. While at MK she found a hoodie that I wanted in January. So I got a gift! I think she paid with my Visa though.

She is now back in Toronto with the cast. They arrived last night and their flight was only 4 minutes late (miracle). I met her at the airport with her winter coat and clothes. Met almost everyone and then showed them were to find their limo. They were put in temp accommodation for last night. Today they move to their homes for the next 2 weeks. They had to wait for the cast of the Dream to move out today. They got together with some of the Dream cast last night. This morning they all went over to what they thought was just the rehearsal space but turns out DCL has several floors in the building. She said...'this place is massive I'm shook'. So today was a tour around and some meetings about their shows. She will be in 2 shows and will be doing meet & greets. She also found out that this show has been in the planning stages for over 2 years and they are the first cast. The other half of the cast is on the ship now. Tomorrow they have meetings all day. Then Sunday she is off and will be coming home in the morning to pack for the next leg of the trip. Since almost everyone is American they are doing Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday....including a turkey.

Last edited:
Have you thought about staying at the Endless Summer Resort? If you like shopping, that is a great place to be. The I-Ride trolly picks you up and goes up and down I-drive. On one end is the Vineland Outlets, at the other end is the International Outlets. Loads of stuff to do in between. It's easy and inexpensive to use. https://www.internationaldriveorlando.com/iride-trolley/

Then, of course, you can still do Universal Parks/City Walk and just a short Uber drive if you want to visit anything at Disney.
Hubby and I did this a few years ago and I would not hesitate to do it alone.
Yep
Great minds think alike!
I am all booked for a week stay at Universal's Endless Summer Dockside and flight is booked too.
Thanks for the Trolley link,,, it will help me to plan out my days.
Your the best!

1668807893404.png

Hugs Mel

So I was going to come on here and ask the experts if I should shop Chapters today for 7x the miles or wait until Black Friday but then I double checked my Chapters offers and they expire today so money off is better than Air Miles. I will earn miles twice as I bought gift cards first then used those gift cards to pay for my purchase.
I am being a Secret Santa for my friend who lives alone. She has given me a budget and I will purchase items for her to open on Christmas morning and some are books from Chapters and that was one of the deals. It was so good that she asked today as I got an email from Giant Tiger that they are selling Dolly Parton kitchen stuff now and she loves Dolly so I purchased some stuff from there. Then a Walmart shop and again I couldn't wait for Black Friday as there were only 2 gnome Christmas ornaments so I couldn't wait because they would have been gone and I would have been sad.

It was so good that she asked today as I got an email from Giant Tiger that they are selling Dolly Parton kitchen stuff now and she loves Dolly so I purchased some stuff from there.
Looks like a stop into Giant Tiger is on my list when I go into the city.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter