Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I think we're still good to earn AM at Sobeys here in Ontario.

Well, colour me bitter - there's actually items in the flyer that we would use!

I'm still trying to figure out what "bonus" airmiles we'll get from Save On starting tomorrow. I checked their upcoming flyer, and there nothing about air miles. Hopefully the air miles website will have information on it starting tomorrow (for AB).

Well, colour me bitter - there's actually items in the flyer that we would use!

I'm still trying to figure out what "bonus" airmiles we'll get from Save On starting tomorrow. I checked their upcoming flyer, and there nothing about air miles. Hopefully the air miles website will have information on it starting tomorrow (for AB).

It’s just a card linked offer with BMO so it would be spend a threshold of dollars at Save On and pay with your BMO AM MasterCard and get a certain number of miles.

It’s just a card linked offer with BMO so it would be spend a threshold of dollars at Save On and pay with your BMO AM MasterCard and get a certain number of miles.
The email I got stated to link any Canadian issued MasterCard to our air miles card and we’ll receive “bonus” air miles from Save On. It wasn’t specific to BMO.

How Card Linked Offers work:
  1. If you haven’t already, link any Canadian-issued Mastercard to your AIR MILES card
  2. Get Bonus Miles when you use your Linked Card to make eligible purchases
  3. No need to show your AIR MILES card

Happy to report back that I was able to get the *last* 6 containers of Lysol wipes at Sobeys ,,, not sure how they are going to do a promotion with no stock and it's the first day. I also picked up 6 Jars of Classico Pasta sauce for 95 Airmiles. (They had lots of selection ,,even the Alfredo white pasta sauce).

Headed up to Foodland and was able to get Quaker Oatmeal cookie Mix , Blueberry Muffins, Carrot muffins, and Chocolate chip muffins
(I thought it only included the Oatmeal Muffins as shown in the flyer but it was nice to get a selection. (Big Oatmeal cookie lover here).

Boy the weather cooled down over night here. I almost put the heat on in the car,,, almost....

Happy shopping
Hugs
Mel

1663864400893.png

Happy to report back that I was able to get the *last* 6 containers of Lysol wipes at Sobeys ,,, not sure how they are going to do a promotion with no stock and it's the first day. I also picked up 6 Jars of Classico Pasta sauce for 95 Airmiles. (They had lots of selection ,,even the Alfredo white pasta sauce).

Headed up to Foodland and was able to get Quaker Oatmeal cookie Mix , Blueberry Muffins, Carrot muffins, and Chocolate chip muffins
(I thought it only included the Oatmeal Muffins as shown in the flyer but it was nice to get a selection. (Big Oatmeal cookie lover here).

Boy the weather cooled down over night here. I almost put the heat on in the car,,, almost....

Happy shopping
Hugs
Mel

View attachment 704234
Here you go. Canadian girl reality
canadian girl reality.jpg

Email Offer
First time I've gotten this type of offer.

metro3.jpg

200 Bonus Miles

Spend just $50 at Metro and get an exclusive promo code for 200 Dream Miles off your next merchandise reward redemption worth 1,000 Miles or more between November 1 to December 13, 2022.*
Ends Wed, Oct 5

Hugs Mel

Email Offer
First time I've gotten this type of offer.

View attachment 704279

200 Bonus Miles

Spend just $50 at Metro and get an exclusive promo code for 200 Dream Miles off your next merchandise reward redemption worth 1,000 Miles or more between November 1 to December 13, 2022.*
Ends Wed, Oct 5

Hugs Mel

I got that as well, I opted in though I have no real plans to redeem for anything. I do shop at Metro quite often so am sure I'll get that $50 mark pretty easily.

I haven't redeemed in years but was looking at going to WDW for my "big" birthday the first week of January but can't seem to figure out how to get them on redtag.ca. I see them but they have OLD dates on them and when I click on them it says there is 0 available. Am I doing something wrong?

When I couldn't order them there I entered a quote request for the onyx personal shopper but they said they can't quote on items already offered in the catalogue.

Also does anyone know if you can book a vacation on redtag without a flight or cruise? Just park tickets and a hotel?

I haven't redeemed in years but was looking at going to WDW for my "big" birthday the first week of January but can't seem to figure out how to get them on redtag.ca. I see them but they have OLD dates on them and when I click on them it says there is 0 available. Am I doing something wrong?

When I couldn't order them there I entered a quote request for the onyx personal shopper but they said they can't quote on items already offered in the catalogue.

Also does anyone know if you can book a vacation on redtag without a flight or cruise? Just park tickets and a hotel?

You'd be booking through airmiles, and they'd be separate. So log into airmiles and choose travel then US Parks. It will bring you to the airmiles redtag site. You will have to click on US Parks at that point, it defaults to vacation packages for some reason. There you can pick the park (WDW, Universal, Disneyland) and the number of adult or kid tickets and the start date for the tickets. Click search and it brings you to the options. There you can decide on the ticket you want, 3 day, 4 day, park hopper, etc.

For the hotel, on the airmiles site you'd choose travel and hotel, then you can search by where you are travelling to and the dates you want. You will have the list of hotels available but can look at it as a map if you prefer. Once you click on a hotel it will bring you to the room options, pay attention to the "non refundable" that may be listed, in case you are looking for something more flexible. You can see the airmile or dollar cost, and if you are onyx you can also pay half airmiles, half cash. If you pay with all cash you will earn AM and it'll show you there how many you will earn.

Hope that helps! Don't go through redtag directly, you have to get there through the airmiles site. https://vacations.airmiles.ca/ that link might work? I was able to see tickets for March break, but I didn't go further into the year, so if you are looking at like 2024, maybe they aren't there yet? If it's 2023, I do get available tickets for WDW popping up.

I got that as well, I opted in though I have no real plans to redeem for anything. I do shop at Metro quite often so am sure I'll get that $50 mark pretty easily.
Now you are suppose to be the Airmiles Gatekeeper and tell me NO Mel you are not spending any of those collected Airmiles on anything other than a nice hotel room
in a Very Tropical location! lol
Hugs Hon
Mel

Although Scene+ is starting in BC this week, I think AM may be my better grocery spend for the next couple of weeks.
The Scene offer at Safeway is spend $100 get 1000 scene points (=$10). But I got the below email for a MasterCard card linked offer for Save On foods: for the next 2 weeks if I spend $100 at Save On foods I get 200 AM (=$20) which can be done both weeks. The prices at Safeway and Save On foods are similar.

Attachments

• 0BAA085C-D90B-406B-AA0B-7EEF01BEFD9E.png
    0BAA085C-D90B-406B-AA0B-7EEF01BEFD9E.png
    87.3 KB · Views: 8
The email I got stated to link any Canadian issued MasterCard to our air miles card and we’ll receive “bonus” air miles from Save On. It wasn’t specific to BMO.

How Card Linked Offers work:
  1. If you haven’t already, link any Canadian-issued Mastercard to your AIR MILES card
  2. Get Bonus Miles when you use your Linked Card to make eligible purchases
  3. No need to show your AIR MILES card
The card-linked offers need to be an AirMiles Mastercard. This is the offer showing on the AirMiles site under Card Linked Offers.

1663950911618.png

You'd be booking through airmiles, and they'd be separate. So log into airmiles and choose travel then US Parks. It will bring you to the airmiles redtag site. You will have to click on US Parks at that point, it defaults to vacation packages for some reason. There you can pick the park (WDW, Universal, Disneyland) and the number of adult or kid tickets and the start date for the tickets. Click search and it brings you to the options. There you can decide on the ticket you want, 3 day, 4 day, park hopper, etc.

For the hotel, on the airmiles site you'd choose travel and hotel, then you can search by where you are travelling to and the dates you want. You will have the list of hotels available but can look at it as a map if you prefer. Once you click on a hotel it will bring you to the room options, pay attention to the "non refundable" that may be listed, in case you are looking for something more flexible. You can see the airmile or dollar cost, and if you are onyx you can also pay half airmiles, half cash. If you pay with all cash you will earn AM and it'll show you there how many you will earn.

Hope that helps! Don't go through redtag directly, you have to get there through the airmiles site. https://vacations.airmiles.ca/ that link might work? I was able to see tickets for March break, but I didn't go further into the year, so if you are looking at like 2024, maybe they aren't there yet? If it's 2023, I do get available tickets for WDW popping up.
Thanks so much for your help! I tried the link you gave me and unfortunately I got the same results. I am using a date of Dec 31 2022 for the first week of Jan 2023 but it still shows as nothing available. Am I doing this right?

1663951070344.png 1663951082886.png 1663951094945.png

The card-linked offers need to be an AirMiles Mastercard. This is the offer showing on the AirMiles site under Card Linked Offers.

View attachment 704515

I don't believe so. There was a big push by AM to link ANY Canadian MC to your AM account and use it get bonus AM. It is not limited to an AM MC. You can link any of them, for instance I have a Canadian Tire MC that I can link and use. I also have a BMO AM one that I can link and use. But either would work.

I don't believe so. There was a big push by AM to link ANY Canadian MC to your AM account and use it get bonus AM. It is not limited to an AM MC. You can link any of them, for instance I have a Canadian Tire MC that I can link and use. I also have a BMO AM one that I can link and use. But either would work.
Maybe because I only have an AirMiles MC, I didn't realize you could link any MC. I guess you would have to make sure your MC is linked to your AM account then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter