• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

What a brilliant idea!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG...I really hope I get the deal. We LOVE going to the movies. We just went for the first time over the long weekend, and it felt soooooooooo good to do something normal again!!!! I highly recommend the new Marvel movie....it was REALLY good - if your a marvel fan.

I really wanted to see that but kiddo doesn't want to go. I could go by myself I suppose but I'm sure he'll be upset if I do that.

I can't wait for the new Matrix movie in December. I'm going to see that one no matter what.

posting here because i have zero intention to actually take a trip, or even to plan one with any specific details yet….

but my toddler talked me into watching a disney parade on youtube today. he had the very best time dancing and every character made him squeal. it really hit me that he’s the perfect age for
disney right now. it was so magical to even just see on TV. i feel so sad that i can’t give him the joy
of visiting right now.

nowhere near the biggest problem covid has caused, but definitely having a mama pity party over here.

Well if Foodland has the product in stock I will be picking up some Quaker Dipps & Yogurt granola bars.
Buy 10@ $1.99 get 95 airmiles.

My last weeks airmiles posted from Metro but they (airmiles) have bypassed a week.
I guess I'll have to hold on for 60 days and hope they post.

Hugs
Mel

posting here because i have zero intention to actually take a trip, or even to plan one with any specific details yet….

but my toddler talked me into watching a disney parade on youtube today. he had the very best time dancing and every character made him squeal. it really hit me that he’s the perfect age for
disney right now. it was so magical to even just see on TV. i feel so sad that i can’t give him the joy
of visiting right now.

nowhere near the biggest problem covid has caused, but definitely having a mama pity party over here.

I just seems like yesterday that my granddaughter was telling me about grade 10,,,now we are talking about University next year ,,,what a way to experience high school.

When you do go it is going to be so special Hon.
Keep the hope in your heart!
Hugs
Mel

Oh and just to report back that I shopped at Sobeys today and got my bonus offer for next week. Earn 150 air miles when you spend $200 in a single shop next week.. What the heck? Today I barely got to my Mom's loaded offer of $115 and that included purchasing a $10 food bank bag. I guess I will have to figure out if I will be able to use this promo next week.
So I may just make my $200 shop this week as I was in there today and they have some new Chipits. They have holiday red and green shapes and heart shaped milk chocolate ones. I don't know how much they are but my sister and 2 friends wants 2 each so that should add up for me.

Now here is a question for you guys. I have the coupon but it doesn't show any Air Miles number on it so do you think that I can use it with my air miles card instead of my Mom's card where I earned it from?

Now here is a question for you guys. I have the coupon but it doesn't show any Air Miles number on it so do you think that I can use it with my air miles card instead of my Mom's card where I earned it from?

No AM # on the receipt you should be good to go to use it with your card this week. I highly doubt they are sophisticated enough to track the AM card # from last weeks receipt. Sobeys seems to have enough of a challenge posting regular weekly amounts.

Well I did get 2 base airmiles from Sobeys post today but nothing else.

I ended up doing a quick shop at Sobeys instead of Foodland. The Covid numbers in my neighborhood are just too high and a couple of outbreaks at my school too.
Less stress the best!
Why must people (I am using this term kindly here) come to a grocery store just to argue with the manager about wearing a masks?
Like go find a park and spin on a Merry Go Round.
Just such freaking unacceptable behavior some people are showing .
Pretty soon grocery stores are going to have a hard time finding employees.,,, so sad.

Hugs
Mel

So I may just make my $200 shop this week as I was in there today and they have some new Chipits. They have holiday red and green shapes and heart shaped milk chocolate ones. I don't know how much they are but my sister and 2 friends wants 2 each so that should add up for me.

I earned the 150 air miles today with a $200 shop and yup coupon worked just fine on my card. Good thing I had to buy all of those Chipits for everybody. They weren't as much as I thought they would be but I made it with my regular shop. It was weird that a dozen large Compliments brand eggs are now $3.39 when they used to be $2.29 just a little while ago but my Natrel milk has gone down from $6.19 for 4l to $5.77. How prices are changing now.

I am definitely seeing prices jump up and down right now.
What I am trying to do is buy a bit more bulk when I see something on sale.

This weekend I think butter is on sale at Shoppers $3.49 Lb. limit of 4
I ran out of butter the other day and Yep I paid $6.99 for it,,,
Eggs $2.49 limit of 2
https://www.reebee.com/flyers/10061/1426567?page=8

and at No Frills Royale kleenex 6 pack are on sale. $2.97
10lb bag potatoes is $1.87
https://www.reebee.com/flyers/10011/1425778?page=2

I can see my shopping switching up and over to PC when comparing prices.
I'll still keep a close eye on Sobeys/Foodland/Metro too.

Hugs
Mel

I gave up waiting and watching for my Sobeys AM to post. Fell asleep watching something on Netflix then decided to check AM one more time before I went to bed. Finally, the AM were there. All correct and only one week later than usual.

Now I can shop at Sobeys tomorrow and collect some more.

I do most of my shopping at Sobeys as it is the closest and I like the fruits and veggie selection better even if they may be a bit pricier. The No Frills is a once in a while shop as it is much farther away. I have ordered curbside pickup from Walmart but I do like picking my own meats, veggies etc so I only use them for dry goods. I may start going back to Food Basics when I start up my badminton again since it is right next door to the Community Centre but they don't have points. I used to get a ride home from one of the other ladies but sadly for me but happily for her she moved back home to Bermuda so now I will be walking both ways. I can hit the store either before or after class. Oh well more exercise for me unless I whine at my brother and have him pick me up sometimes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter