Airmiles Armchair Chatter

You just corrupted me and I actually bought 2 pairs of shoes. I can't find my Columbia shoes anymore so I bought 2 different pairs of waterproof Merrell shoes. I feel ripped off (LOL) as I only got a promo code of 10% off but they came out cheaper than if I had bought some at Sportchek. I spent more than $130 so I will see what my airmiles comes out to be.
I too buy a lot of clothes at Northern Reflections but haven't shopped there since before Christmas. I looked online this year to buy some new tops but the ones I liked were only in petite size and I am not petite. I actually bought 5 tops last year and I feel that 3 of them were petite length and 2 were just perfect. I gave 1 of them to my sister since she has a normal body length and I have a long body. Last year for Christmas my nephew gave me a bunch of character tshirts (not Disney) so I am happy wearing them since and I have last years fancy tops if I got out anywhere.
Yeah i agree about the sizing of Northern's clothing the last couple of years it's been all over the place! I've stopped buying the "everyday fit" because they are either too short or within 4 washings look like a boxy square and went to the semi or relaxed fit last year. This year I've either changed shape or they've switched sizing again URGH!

I hope i didn't steer you wrong with the miles calculations for the shoes (mine arrive today BTW, can't wait!)
1 mile/$20 so for $130 I get 6 base miles
10x for the store = 6*10 -6 (only get the base miles once) = 54
7x for the site = 6*7 -6 = 36
for a total of 96

Anyone want to check my math???

good morning all, is the AA.com miles purchase a good deal?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210817-094151_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210817-094151_Samsung Internet.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 20210817_095623.jpg
    20210817_095623.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 13
I'm on it :) Starts tomorrow... I'll be booking him an appointment asap or finding a drop in place to go. Then I just have to worry about my "mixed dose" and sort that out so we can cruise!
YEAH!!
Happy Day!!
USVsak0.jpg

Last edited:
T&C conditions
BMO email Offer I got
I need help understanding if Sobeys or Foodland would be included in this offer ?
Thanks
Mel

1. This offer is not transferable and is valid only for the BMO AIR MILES Mastercard cardholder who received this email. To qualify for the AIR MILES® Bonus Miles, you must first click the "Activate offer" button from the email offer invitation and then spend a minimum of $100 on your BMO AIR MILES Credit Card in the Food and Beverage category as defined below, by August 23, 2021 to get 100 Bonus Miles.

Miles will be calculated on the total eligible cumulative purchases made at merchants that are classified in the Mastercard network under Merchant Category Codes (MCCs) including "Package stores, Beer, Liquor" (MCC 5921), "Eating Places, Restaurants" (MCC 5812), "Bars, Cocktail Lounges, Discotheques, Nightclubs, and Taverns" (MCC 5813), and "Fast Food Restaurants" (MCC 5814). BMO ("Bank of Montreal") cannot guarantee that any merchant is classified by the MCCs listed and in no event will BMO be liable or responsible for any claims with respect purchase made at a merchant that is not classified by the MCCs listed. To consult the list of participating merchants, please call the number on the back of your card.

The minimum spend requirement is cumulative over the offer period and all purchases must be made to your account (less any refunds and excluding cash advances, cash-like transactions, interest charges, fees, credit or debit adjustments). Purchase transactions do not include cash advances, balance transfers, interest charges, fee payments, credit or debit adjustments, or any other amounts that may be charged to the account. A limit of one (1) offer applies per AIR MILES Collector Number. To qualify for this offer, your BMO AIR MILES Credit Card account must be in good standing at the time the Bonus Miles are awarded. The Bonus Miles will be posted to your Collector Account by November 15, 2021. Offer is subject to change without notice.

This Bonus Offer is in addition to the base Miles collected on your BMO AIR MILES Credit Card.
Get​
100​
AIR MILES® Bonus Miles​

when you spend $100 or more on food and beverages using your BMO AIR MILES Mastercard through August 23, 2021.1​

T&C conditions
BMO email Offer I got
I need help understanding if Sobeys or Foodland would be included in this offer ?
Thanks
Mel

1. This offer is not transferable and is valid only for the BMO AIR MILES Mastercard cardholder who received this email. To qualify for the AIR MILES® Bonus Miles, you must first click the "Activate offer" button from the email offer invitation and then spend a minimum of $100 on your BMO AIR MILES Credit Card in the Food and Beverage category as defined below, by August 23, 2021 to get 100 Bonus Miles.

Miles will be calculated on the total eligible cumulative purchases made at merchants that are classified in the Mastercard network under Merchant Category Codes (MCCs) including "Package stores, Beer, Liquor" (MCC 5921), "Eating Places, Restaurants" (MCC 5812), "Bars, Cocktail Lounges, Discotheques, Nightclubs, and Taverns" (MCC 5813), and "Fast Food Restaurants" (MCC 5814). BMO ("Bank of Montreal") cannot guarantee that any merchant is classified by the MCCs listed and in no event will BMO be liable or responsible for any claims with respect purchase made at a merchant that is not classified by the MCCs listed. To consult the list of participating merchants, please call the number on the back of your card.

The minimum spend requirement is cumulative over the offer period and all purchases must be made to your account (less any refunds and excluding cash advances, cash-like transactions, interest charges, fees, credit or debit adjustments). Purchase transactions do not include cash advances, balance transfers, interest charges, fee payments, credit or debit adjustments, or any other amounts that may be charged to the account. A limit of one (1) offer applies per AIR MILES Collector Number. To qualify for this offer, your BMO AIR MILES Credit Card account must be in good standing at the time the Bonus Miles are awarded. The Bonus Miles will be posted to your Collector Account by November 15, 2021. Offer is subject to change without notice.

This Bonus Offer is in addition to the base Miles collected on your BMO AIR MILES Credit Card.

Get​

100​

AIR MILES® Bonus Miles​

when you spend $100 or more on food and beverages using your BMO AIR MILES Mastercard through August 23, 2021.1​
I don't think they qualify. I believe this is for restaurant/bars. At least that's what it was the last time I received this offer.
P.S.- my offer is 40 AM's when I spend $100.

I don't think they qualify. I believe this is for restaurant/bars. At least that's what it was the last time I received this offer.
P.S.- my offer is 40 AM's when I spend $100.

Thanks Tink
Naw I'm not really into Bars/ Restaurants right now...lol.
I'll Pass.
Thanks
Hugs
Mel

Thanks Tink
Naw I'm not really into Bars/ Restaurants right now...lol.
I'll Pass.
Thanks
Hugs
Mel
Not sure if this is an option however there is always the opportunity to purchase a gift card from a restaurant. Someplace like Red Lobster, East Side Mario's, Swiss Chalet, and use the gift card at a latter date or a gift to use later. You would have to make the purchase right at the restaurant though.

urgh just got my Mastercard offer after I got home, no way I'm heading back to a foodland in the near future to spend 50!! Bummer, an extra 75 miles would have been nice
There's no way I could possibly get 50 worth of gas in our tiny car and I'll be waiting for the next bonus boom/ bust that starts on the 26th to hit up staples.
Screenshot_20210817-192814_Email.jpg

beep, beep beep back the truck up! Just read the terms and conditions and gift cards aren't excluded, this will be easy!! I'll just pick up one for an anniversary gift for our son and his wife!!!!

Was just thinking I should document the mix and match to make sure I follow up on the 375AM (I know some of you got them basically instantly) — and sure enough tonight they posted! Woot woot!

my BMO offer was load an offer in the app for 25AM. Done and done. There were only 2 to load though. Had to scroll for awhile to find one.

Last edited:
Thought I'd report on my week's scores before we flip into another week of hunting. It's been pretty grim lately so these small victories seem even bigger :P

Last Friday I asked google to tell me where the closest Sobeys is to the hospital with the thought i could hit it up on my way home after my treatment & was thrilled to see there's one less than 5 minutes away. Bummer it was tiny BUT i still did well, spent $62 even before tax and snagged 173 miles.

Didn't get everything we needed for the picnic we had on Saturday with all of our kids - son & his wife & our daughter (update on why just her next) so I went to Metro after i had my lunch and did well there too! Spent $96.76 pretax and snagged 59 (remember this is Metro!!)

Saturday exhausted me so didn't hit up 2 MORE Sobeys (really wanted those Brita filters and FOUR stores don't even have spots for them, I feel a rant coming to both AM & Sobeys!!) until yesterday, spent $19.90 on just rice cakes and snagged another 100 miles.

Drove up the highway to Foodland where i got MORE rice cakes, salads and dressings. Spent $55.84 pretax and snagged 155 miles

FINALLY I just got back from Metro to buy more of my milk that's STILL on sale with miles and 6 chocolate bars for my hubby. Spent $44.55 and snagged another 62 miles

TOTAL from last weeks flyers $279 (OMG, seriously?!?!) and pulled in a total of 549 miles. Not even close to ice cream frenzies of the old days but really good for COVID-19 days. Add in the extra 50 for Samsung pay and the 6 for the ice cream hubby needed from Shell and it was a great week for the Duck!

***** warning for any newbies or casual followers of this thread, you might want to just skip past this post, not related to the hunt AT all but I consider this group of DISers my family*****

I'm going to veer waaaaaay off topic here but I've been hinting over the last few days that I was at the point in my life that I'm able to share what's going on in our family that has affected how much I've been able to post and interact here since April. HUGE shout out to both @bababear_50 & @ottawamom who've been picking up the slack in this and the other AM threads to answer questions when I've been unable to concentrate, they've been a big support to me and I can't express enough gratitude.

I've created a "hidden spoiler" so if you're rather not read our family's COVID-19 disaster movie plotline don't click on it !

The day after the last shutdown in Ontario in April, our daughter's wife left her. Simply said while they were cooking supper that she didn't think they should be together, put her knife down and walked out of the house. No warning, from zero to I'm done out of the blue, everyone who hears is completely shocked. Any pushing for an explanation just led to more heartache and brutally cruel words that ranged from I wish we never met to if i spend one more minute with you I'll suffocate. SO there we were, in the middle of a global pandemic needing to pick up the pieces, find a lawyer, pack up & sell the house they bought less than a year ago (luckily they sold it for over 2K more than they paid even after the mortgage penalty pay out WOAH!), find an apartment (poor kid is in one so small you'd think it was a dorm!) for our daughter and the cat who was also left behind (that actually belongs to her still-wife because she doesn't want a divorce, costs more URGH!) all while everything in the province was locked down. I also hadn't even been cleared to start my treatments yet because I wasn't vaccinated so was in the depths of my own depression already!

SO there you go, why some of my grocery bills have been STUPID high, why I don't care how much things cost & if I even earn a single mile on anything I buy, why i celebrate tiny earnings and why I've been less than helpful in the hunt. If someone wants something for comfort we have the luxury of just buying it. You want frozen dinners that cost close to $6 and can only stomach 2 bites? On my way to the grocery store! You want ice cream at 2 am? Perfect Shell has an offer for 5 miles, off i go! You're worried that you'll be losing Disney+ because you're scared she'll cut that off too? FINE, I can do that thru the portal and earn 100 miles (they posted within 24 hours BTW and I've binged the entire Marvel Universe movies TWICE since then, we've watched a ton of old school movies, been a comfort for me!) This is also one of the reasons we're not considering going anywhere too far until 2023, we need to be close if we're needed. This has rocked our baby's world, 11 years of her life, simply gone. Yeah, she's 32 but still my baby!

SO -- if anyone out there is struggling in your relationships can I ask you to please speak to each other? Reach out for professional help if you need it, don't let things fester until one of you snaps. While our daughter is slowly realizing that they might not have been the best fit, discussing things at some point might have led to a mutual decision and perhaps not buying a house and getting a puppy (that ended up so ill she needed to be rehomed :( )to try and fix how *she-who-shall-not-be-named* was feeling!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter