Airmiles Armchair Chatter

For those with Cat dander allergy
Your carpets are teeming with tiny allergy instigators — dust mites, pet dander, and pollen. The obvious solution is to vacuum regularly, but ridding your rugs of allergens isn't that simple. Sometimes vacuuming can simply spread the sneeze-promoting stuff around your home, inflaming your allergy symptoms even more.

I know that when the grass gets cut I used to head for the hills due to allergies,,made worst when the grass blower was used. Now I refuse the grass blowing and just water spray everything down..
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
My older cat doesn’t like the vacuum. He hides when it runs. But my one year old cat don’t mind it at all. They’ll stand a couple feet away and watch.

Edited to say that the older cat hates the stick less. I think because the motor is by my hand instead of the floor, he feels a bit safer?

The roomba is another story though...an independently moving vacuum? I think he has a plot to push it down the stairs...

I had a wonderful robot vacuum, but my cats used to attack it and I'd come home, it would say it was stuck, in the middle of the floor. I'm pretty sure the youngest would hit it until it would stop moving. The battery died and I haven't bothered to replace them, but man I miss that thing... I hate vacuuming and it was so nice to come home to clean floors! Someday I will get another one. I had a Neato, it goes around the room then back and forth, so it leaves those lines on the carpet, the Roomba is just random all over the places. They have so many types now though. Maybe I'll save my airmiles to get another one. We have carpet, not really my choice, we rent so it's what came with the place. I hate how much work it is, last place had wood floors so a quick swiffer everyday meant I didn't have to pull out the vacuum as often. I even had reuseable swiffer cloths so I could just wash them. We have 3 cats and a dog, there is a lot to vacuum lol.

Well I'm sad. I didn't get mine, I know I only spend $153 or something between Shell and Metro, but I also can't get into my BMO account to check my transactions. It keeps timing out on my app and not opening on the website. Ugh. Not worth the fight really either.

Well I'm sad. I didn't get mine, I know I only spend $153 or something between Shell and Metro, but I also can't get into my BMO account to check my transactions. It keeps timing out on my app and not opening on the website. Ugh. Not worth the fight really either.
I've had many times where mine came much later than everyone else here.

Well, I hadn't been on here in ages but I got caught up again last night. And let me say, for someone who didn't think she was in the market for a new vacuum... I just traded in those 8096 AM for the fuschia stick Dyson, thanks to the discussion letting me know what a great find that was!

We have had our Dyson roller ball original animal version for about 10 years (maybe 12?) and it still works great (we have 1 cat) but it has always been too heavy for our preferences.
We used to live on a single floor, but the house we have been in for >12 years is a 3 level duplex with mixed carpet and laminate flooring. Carpeted stairs (which is my preference because I don't feel like I'm slipping every time I walk down them) are AWFUL to do, even with the attachment. Cumbersome and awkward on each of the 4 half-flights. I love the vacuum but due to the weight it's most often my husband who ends up with that task.

So now I'm excitedly waiting to get a bit of my own Christmas in July! Thanks @Donald - my hero for inquiring and doing much of the research. Thanks to @marchingstar and @dancin Disney style and all the others who chimed in with personal reports or opinions!

Well, I hadn't been on here in ages but I got caught up again last night. And let me say, for someone who didn't think she was in the market for a new vacuum... I just traded in those 8096 AM for the fuschia stick Dyson, thanks to the discussion letting me know what a great find that was!

We have had our Dyson roller ball original animal version for about 10 years (maybe 12?) and it still works great (we have 1 cat) but it has always been too heavy for our preferences.
We used to live on a single floor, but the house we have been in for >12 years is a 3 level duplex with mixed carpet and laminate flooring. Carpeted stairs (which is my preference because I don't feel like I'm slipping every time I walk down them) are AWFUL to do, even with the attachment. Cumbersome and awkward on each of the 4 half-flights. I love the vacuum but due to the weight it's most often my husband who ends up with that task.

So now I'm excitedly waiting to get a bit of my own Christmas in July! Thanks @Donald - my hero for inquiring and doing much of the research. Thanks to @marchingstar and @dancin Disney style and all the others who chimed in with personal reports or opinions!
Oh no......you're an adult too :scared1:

Ok an exciting if not stressful start to the day,,,
went to Loblaws to pick up a few things,,PC points
in and out just after 7 am.
Drove to Sobeys to get my dryer sheets and wooooooooooooooooooooooow
NO CREDIT CARD & OPTIMUM CARD!!!
Drove back to Loblaws and yep they are gone.I have been keeping just the cards I need in my pocket and wore a long t-shirt today. I think the cards got caught up in the t shirt and fell out of my pocket.
Drove home like a mad maniac and cancelled both cards.
Now do I want to go to Sobeys or just chill?

Lesson learned watch your cards,,
and maybe fanny packs will come back in style???

Hugs
Mel

Mel
They are back in style except now they are called “belt bags” my 14 year old has 2 from lulu lemon for running carting her inhaler and stuff.. I steal them when we do Disney .. you are all good my friend :)

I need everyone’s prayers yet again I planned in cramming the past two weeks school work this weekend And writing my quiz due by midnight on Tuesday . I sit down and attempt to log on to the college website and it’s down until 7pm tonight. I have no idea what chapters .. I’m kicking myself now for Not printing a copy of the outline but I just didn’t foresee.. uggh
And I’m feeling lousy kids and I went to beach wed for my bday and sons 8th birthday and I have never had such a bad sunburn . With sunscreen . I felt like my skin was ripping Every time I moved . Now I’m just plain itchy. I’m over 2020.
love to you all . Hope you all are managing the heatwave well. Stay cool ladies

Mel
They are back in style except now they are called “belt bags” my 14 year old has 2 from lulu lemon for running carting her inhaler and stuff.. I steal them when we do Disney .. you are all good my friend :)

I need everyone’s prayers yet again I planned in cramming the past two weeks school work this weekend And writing my quiz due by midnight on Tuesday . I sit down and attempt to log on to the college website and it’s down until 7pm tonight. I have no idea what chapters .. I’m kicking myself now for Not printing a copy of the outline but I just didn’t foresee.. uggh
And I’m feeling lousy kids and I went to beach wed for my bday and sons 8th birthday and I have never had such a bad sunburn . With sunscreen . I felt like my skin was ripping Every time I moved . Now I’m just plain itchy. I’m over 2020.
Hugs to you. It will get better. It's got to, right?

Mel

Sending pixie dust and best wishes your way!

D0F58F9D-061C-4F8B-95FE-0897EA4B6C30.jpeg

Sending you lots of pixie and mummy ( universal ) dust!!!!

I can just imagine your panic dread and disappointment. I did 4 classes online this past winter/spring. And when you plan our your week then " that" happens...ugh. I can totally relate. I had that happen twice. I know the feeling...especially if something is due to be sent in by a certain time :scared:

I hope your sunburn gets better. That is NOT fun times either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter