Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I'm sure you probably know but Seaworld has a Canadian ticket offer of $79 USD for one day ticket or $99 USD for two day ticket. They're good at any of Seaworld, Busch Gardens, Aquatica and the water parks. It can be hard to navigate to on their website but if you Google "Canadian Seaworld Deal it pops right up.

Figured it would give you a better comparison of whether you're getting good use of your Air Miles.

Thanks, I didn't know so I will look at that. I was going to Undercover Tourist for the prices to compare. I asked for the one with all day dining, I figure the more that is paid for in advance the better :) Still not sure what we'll do, if any trip. But that's great info so I can see what I'm really comparing! Thanks

No problem! Forgot to mention that the deal is online only and I think you have to buy a least a day in advance.

With the all day dining the Canadian deal is $104 USD for one day and $149 USD for 2 day ticket.

Huh. Just received 192 AMs for Mountain of Miles. Having a middle-aged moment here, as I can’t recall what this was for. Anyone have better recall of this promo?

Hi my name is Ottawamom and I'm addicted to Airmiles.

Just back from Blue Friday. This morning I looked at my list, went downstairs, looked in the cupboard and took a bunch of things off my list. Added some regular groceries to get over the threshold spend and off I went.

Started down my list (sticking to it) and then I saw the Crispy minis with 100AM just staring me down. I looked right back at them and couldn't leave them there on the shelf. They are good till the end of June and I could take a few bags with us on our holiday for snacks. Other than that I pretty much stuck to my list.

$161 spent 577AM in. Not a great morning but not a bad one either.

I went to Sobeys before work. Only had 30 min to shop. Didn’t attempt the $125 bonus (coupon 75AM and App 35AM). Really didn’t have time to monitor my total and make it to $125. Spent $98 and got 253 AM. At first I wanted to skip it but I needed the AM as Rexall is leaving AM and Sobeys probably is the main AM partner from now on. Too bad I don’t have space in the freezer. Otherwise, the ice cream deal has good return.

Have a Happy Blue Friday!

My Blue Friday...............................:tilt::tilt::tilt::tilt::tilt:...I need something stronger than a cup of tea.............
Ok I was not properly dressed for this and physically I am a bit weak,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Wind warning when trying to manipulate the shopping cart with 6 packages of Bounty Paper towels!!
Wowzers they went everywhere--over cars,,under cars---- at cars............................many thanks to the kind gentleman who saw me struggling and ran around picking up my paper towels.:lovestruc
I really should have taken that offer from the cashier to assist to my car,,,darn stubborn I am sometimes.
Thank god I donated the 25 boxes of cereal in store instead of taking them to work because I can just imagine them flying all around the parking lot.:scared:
Two shops
spend $133.65=711 airmiles
spend $147.61=382 airmiles
now for a nap
hugs
Mel

Happy blue friday to those participating!

I decided that if I shopped today, I would really be spending $ for the miles. I’m going to live vicariously through all of you instead :)
Congrats...you are much stronger than I. I wasn't going to go to Sobeys as I've got a lot to get done this afternoon and very little time to do it. I caved :sad: and detoured to Sobeys BUT decided I was only getting a couple of things. Somehow I spent $95 and earned 244 miles. I'm ticked at myself because I should have just finished my grocery shopping while I was there and then I would have earned the extra 75 miles plus the 40 for my loaded offer. I didn't bother keeping track of the total because I figured that I would probably only spend around $60-70. Oh well....now I'm home and I'm taking 20 minutes to sit and have a cup of tea before I get my butt in gear and get packed up for the weekend.

Mountain of Miles -- or any of the iterations of the same type of promo where you get a daily chance for bigger multipliers post the same way, every time, and it's ALWAYS a problem! You get the base & bonus miles from the individual store but the one that you "won" seems to be missing and then POOF on the exact 120 day mark they posted. So what happened this year? Yeah, exact same thing! The 120 day mark was TODAY and they posted yesterday. Me? I missed ordering on the day i got the 20X thing because i forgot to actually submit the order so i managed to get a whole SIX miles

HOWEVER, something interesting happened with an online transaction that the current winter storm forced me to make. Hubby was teaching in Stratford Wed & Thur and was planning on coming home since it's just a tad over an hour but he packed a bag in case the weather did what was predicted (snow squalls, wind gust upwards of 70 KM/HR causing whiteouts) SO i pulled up hotel .com and found a Quality Inn with plenty of rooms available and booked it while he was in the car driving there, using a coupon for an extra 15% off (i get them all the time) since that made it just a tad under $120.00 I knew i wouldn't earn any miles because of this wording on the website

Important Information
Only coupons and promo codes issued via airmilesshops.ca will be valid for use. If a coupon or promo code not issued by airmilesshops.ca is used in a purchase, Reward Miles will not be paid.
Miles will be posted after your trip has completed (may take up to 60 days after completion for Base Miles and up to 75 days for Bonus Miles).

So he stayed over on Wednesday and i looked at my account this morning to find THIS posting! I guess they didn't catch the fact that i used a coupon :P

Last edited:
I got a whopping 37 am for Mountain of Miles.

On the brighter side, just got back from Blue Friday at Safeway. I spent $260.95, and earned 878am. Using the $200 in gc's I won from the Round Up contest, groceries only cost me $60.95 for the 878am. Even better? I got $0.15 per litre of gas!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter