Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Did anyone get the email about using Shell EasyPay? Get 20 bonus miles with your first purchase of 25L of gas. It also looks like you can get an additional 3 miles using the app.

Has anyone used the app yet?

I am struggling with my Blue Friday list,,,
They increased the amount for my Cinnamon buns (now x2 instead of 1) and lowered the airmiles earned.
Braided strudel is also now buy *double* the usual amount to get the points.
I've already stocked up on Lysol wipes last week,repeat airmiles deal.
I've already stocked up on dish tablets,repeat airmiles deal.
The cereal at Sobeys is priced too high for me,,and Jumbo size is too big (6.99 x 3=20.97)
The last time they had OLYMel bacon it was all fat not meat :(
Other stores have the Frito lay bags of salty snacks on for 4.99-5.99
The coke and dasani water =lowered airmiles earned from previous Blue Fridays,,down to 30 from 50

I might sit this one out.

Hugs
Mel
I was pretty determined to do a shop before we left for Disney on Friday but after looking at the flyer I'm out...which is disappointing. When I do the math on the things we would buy, its not even a deal with the airmiles. The airmiles just make it a regular price since the prices are so inflated. That's just moving my money into airmiles instead of leaving it in my bank account and that's not happening. I'll throw an extra $50 in the vacation account and call it a day.

This does go against everything I stand for and believe in, aka, I take pride in having the dirtiest car at work, but I'm determined to get my gold status again so I'm off to get another 4 car washes tonight or tomorrow.

Color me curious... I'm envisioning a jeep, SUV or a truck caked with mud. :)

I was pretty determined to do a shop before we left for Disney on Friday but after looking at the flyer I'm out...which is disappointing. When I do the math on the things we would buy, its not even a deal with the airmiles. The airmiles just make it a regular price since the prices are so inflated. That's just moving my money into airmiles instead of leaving it in my bank account and that's not happening. I'll throw an extra $50 in the vacation account and call it a day.

I have been thinking of doing that lately as well for times when I feel I may be buying for the sake of miles or points. Certainly cheaper than spending money that doesn't need to be spent with the bonus of building up the vacation account!

My miles have built up to just over 3,000 after cashing them all in for our August trip. Last night I switched my preferences to CASH. Now both our Air Miles are set to CASH. I'll just keep taking the money out and putting it into our vacation fund. I feel I will get more flexibility for our next vacation this way.

We are headed down to WDW on November 25 and I will be upgrading our AM tickets to APs. We will be upgrading a 7 day flex ticket redeemed for 6400 AM on 2019-05-04 and a 5 day flex ticket redeemed for 5995 AM on 2019-06-12. Based on the information on the back of the tickets, both of these tickets were obtained from WDW on 2019-03-22, therefore they should be valued at the current rates. I am hoping for $627.29 for the 7 day and $611.31 for the 5 day. I will report back after we have upgraded as to the value given by WDW. However, whatever value is assigned by WDW will still mean that my out of pocket costs for our APs is less than if I didn't have the AM and we make it a point to only buy products that we normally would have.

I had the same ticket with me this summer (6400 AM). It was only worth $469 if I remember correctly. I was hoping for $521. Good luck though.

Update on the Shell Easy Pay app. Just tried it, and it was really easy. I set everything up, pulled up to the pump, put in the pump number, authorized $100, and then pumped. Got a receipt immediately showing 28 airmiles. 1 base, 4 from the 5x miles promo, 3 for using the app (going on until Dec 31 I believe), and 20 easypay welcome bonus.

I'm sold! And it'll be nice to not have to fumble with my credit card when it's cold outside since you can do everything from the warmth of your car!

Oh, another bonus is that it saves your receipts, so you don't have to worry about keeping paper copies to make sure miles get posted correctly.

Color me curious... I'm envisioning a jeep, SUV or a truck caked with mud. :)

LOL nope just a kia forte. I drive too far to be in a jeep :) And, it's just regular dirt but I work with people who love their hybrids, electrics, beemers and mercedes cars and they are always pristine clean. Then I show up and park beside them :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I have been thinking of doing that lately as well for times when I feel I may be buying for the sake of miles or points. Certainly cheaper than spending money that doesn't need to be spent with the bonus of building up the vacation account!

My miles have built up to just over 3,000 after cashing them all in for our August trip. Last night I switched my preferences to CASH. Now both our Air Miles are set to CASH. I'll just keep taking the money out and putting it into our vacation fund. I feel I will get more flexibility for our next vacation this way.

Update on the Shell Easy Pay app. Just tried it, and it was really easy. I set everything up, pulled up to the pump, put in the pump number, authorized $100, and then pumped. Got a receipt immediately showing 28 airmiles. 1 base, 4 from the 5x miles promo, 3 for using the app (going on until Dec 31 I believe), and 20 easypay welcome bonus.

I'm sold! And it'll be nice to not have to fumble with my credit card when it's cold outside since you can do everything from the warmth of your car!

Oh, another bonus is that it saves your receipts, so you don't have to worry about keeping paper copies to make sure miles get posted correctly.

Awesome. I've downloaded the app but don't see an option to add giftcards only credit cards, Esso's app allows this. Hopefully something they add soon. The other thing I found with Esso's is that you need to have data, from someone that always reaches their data limit, it's a problem for about one week every month.

We are headed down to WDW on November 25 and I will be upgrading our AM tickets to APs. We will be upgrading a 7 day flex ticket redeemed for 6400 AM on 2019-05-04 and a 5 day flex ticket redeemed for 5995 AM on 2019-06-12. Based on the information on the back of the tickets, both of these tickets were obtained from WDW on 2019-03-22, therefore they should be valued at the current rates. I am hoping for $627.29 for the 7 day and $611.31 for the 5 day. I will report back after we have upgraded as to the value given by WDW. However, whatever value is assigned by WDW will still mean that my out of pocket costs for our APs is less than if I didn't have the AM and we make it a point to only buy products that we normally would have.

I had the same ticket with me this summer (6400 AM). It was only worth $469 if I remember correctly. I was hoping for $521. Good luck though.

Yes, agree. Your 7day 6400am one is worth $469 USD after tax.

In regards to the dates on the tickets, after many escalating calls to Disney in May, I was told the date on the tickets is the third party (ie airmiles) print date and has absolutely nothing to do with the ticket or it's price. The process I was told is that Airmiles/Disney would negotiate a price, Disney would ship a stack of blank cards/vouchers to Airmiles and Airmiles would print tickets (with the date) as they feel necessary, the ticket is activated and their account with Disney is charged the negotiated rate. The date is just a tracking date between Disney and Airmiles.

When you say you authorized $100, how was this attached? To a CC or a Shell GC? If I can attach a Shell GC to it, that would be great.

Did anyone get the email about using Shell EasyPay? Get 20 bonus miles with your first purchase of 25L of gas. It also looks like you can get an additional 3 miles using the app.

Has anyone used the app yet?
No but I hope I get it!! I have trained my husband well to always fill up at Shell. I don’t drive LOL.

I was tempted by the Bacon that is on for Blue Friday @ Sobeys but for the $10 in AM cash I would earn it’s not worth it for me to spend $25 on bacon when I usually get it for $3.77/pkg @ Walmart. Plus having to go out of my way to just get that at Sobeys. Now that I shop at Superstore or Walmart I cannot imagine how little I would get for $100 at Sobeys!!

That Olymel bacon IS good though. Once (at Sobeys) they had it about to expire so they were selling them for $1.99/pkg and I stocked up. Freezes well, just package into smaller ziploc bags based on how much you would cook at a time. Take out the night before you’re going to eat :tilt:

I’m so proud of me.. I think my best shop to date airmiles wise.. ( maybe not for the vets here but I’m still learning )
$121 spent and 535 airmiles and all on stuff we will use is the best part . I thought at 545 time wise I’d be the first crazy AM collector but they already had a lady go through with 35 boxes of cereal
Anyways I’m proud of me ha ha and I knew you guys would understand

I'm glad to hear it is good. Olymel bacon is a brand I have not purchased before so I was wondering. I'll be purchasing it today.

I'm purchasing 7 BF items from Sobey's. The bacon, pineapple, perogies, pillsbury choc chip cookies, raison bread, lysol wipes and samosas, bringing me to $94 plus whatever the pineapple costs and a meat pie. All stuff my family will eat. I don't buy the perogies or pillsbury often so the kids will be happy. The raison bread goes into the freezer for Christmas. I have never bought those samosas but my son loves these so he'll be happy.

I was hesitant about the bacon price as well until I realized it's not just 100 miles but the total of miles earned. For $100 I'll get 410 miles including the base miles - so $40. I figure the bacon is costing me an extra $6.15; perogies an extra $.98 ($2 elsewhere); and wipes an extra $2.08 ($4.48 at home depot). So for spending an extra $9.21 on those items, I'm still getting $30 in AM cash.

@Pinkgurlshubby are you sure you're only going for Gold this year. According to your reports you've been racking up the miles of late and you only need 1000AM to make Gold. The way you're going you could probably make ONYX in no time.
No my mistake and sorry about that. I am at close to 5000 miles but that's my running total. I've collected close to 900 miles this year. Actually I was around 500 until a few weeks ago when I started following this thread. I did get more gas yesterday and 2 bottles of gatorade and another 2 ultimate car washes on my way to work last night. That was 118 miles. My goal is to get 1000 mles before end of Decemeber but I don't know how I would ever be able to get 6000 miles in a year :) :) )

I'm glad to hear it is good. Olymel bacon is a brand I have not purchased before so I was wondering. I'll be purchasing it today.

I'm purchasing 7 BF items from Sobey's. The bacon, pineapple, perogies, pillsbury choc chip cookies, raison bread, lysol wipes and samosas, bringing me to $94 plus whatever the pineapple costs and a meat pie. All stuff my family will eat. I don't buy the perogies or pillsbury often so the kids will be happy. The raison bread goes into the freezer for Christmas. I have never bought those samosas but my son loves these so he'll be happy.

I was hesitant about the bacon price as well until I realized it's not just 100 miles but the total of miles earned. For $100 I'll get 410 miles including the base miles - so $40. I figure the bacon is costing me an extra $6.15; perogies an extra $.98 ($2 elsewhere); and wipes an extra $2.08 ($4.48 at home depot). So for spending an extra $9.21 on those items, I'm still getting $30 in AM cash.
The Samosas have a bit of spice to them but they are very good.

No my mistake and sorry about that. I am at close to 5000 miles but that's my running total. I've collected close to 900 miles this year. Actually I was around 500 until a few weeks ago when I started following this thread. I did get more gas yesterday and 2 bottles of gatorade and another 2 ultimate car washes on my way to work last night. That was 118 miles. My goal is to get 1000 mles before end of Decemeber but I don't know how I would ever be able to get 6000 miles in a year :) :) )
Keep on reading each week and you'll be at 6000 before you know it. I thought this was going to be a slow year when it started and it turns out it will be my best so far. (3 account, me, DH and DS) We have collected almost 40000AM so far this year. (5000 was related to a CC, bonus and flight redemption)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter