Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Do you know if I buy iron supplements that are in the pharmacy section count for the coupons? Feramax is expensive and if I could only get that, that would be great.
YES! They 100% count, on my list for my 2nd shop today. Already shopped once and no problem stacking coupons.

make sure you print off and use the coupon to get $2.50 off the feramax. It's good on the box of 30 and I've done the math, that makes it cheaper than any other size. Just ask for it at the pharmacy and take it to the front so you can get enough to make your $50 transaction
Feramax Coupon

Yes they updated it, so now it's one page instead of one for using AM and one for cash, you search and get results for both, how much it would cost in airmiles as well as how much it would cost in money (and how many airmiles you would earn). Sorting isn't as easy (at least for what I'd like to sort by). And even the filters don't seem to work, I tried filtering for airport shuttles but it didn't pick them all up. It's very pretty compared to the way it looked before. Also doesn't show the taxes/fees above the airmiles, I guess if you click through it would do that.

View attachment 437198
I tried this yesterday for the fun of it. We normally carry a 2000 mile balance and use them for car rentals as for us it has been the best value when we can get a 1 week rental for less than 12 dollars but lately we have been stock piling them and right now we are well over 5000. After looking around at hotels for our cruise we decided to use some of them. I tried being more specific then Orlando I put in MCO airport code and zoomed in on the ones just outside the airport first. I agree this is a great option. I found my favorites for holidays were Air Miles and Costco to compare to other sites but now it seems to add a bit more clarity to the search.

YES! They 100% count, on my list for my 2nd shop today. Already shopped once and no problem stacking coupons.

make sure you print off and use the coupon to get $2.50 off the feramax. It's good on the box of 30 and I've done the math, that makes it cheaper than any other size. Just ask for it at the pharmacy and take it to the front so you can get enough to make your $50 transaction
Feramax Coupon
Thanks for the coupon link. I'll grab 2 of the 30 to get me over. This is nice to know as sometimes I don't have anything to shop for, but I have to take this everyday.

I got very excited for the new hotel site, then I got very discouraged because Pop Century (our current booking for April 2020) does not seem to come up for any of the nights we're there... but... Art of Animation is available. So... even though I think I have enough AM to get our Pop room (13 nights) for free (did some wild estimating) I can't find it. BUT, I can find Art of Animation for 9 of those nights... and it would only cost me $352 CAD and 24,460 of our 26,000 points.
Using the rate from the WDW site, this would mean my points would cover approx. $2700 of our costs. This is $0.11 CAD per AM, which is not as good as some things (I think our flights were $0.18 CAD per AM), but seems better than what we get for WDW/Universal tix, which I have calculated at 0.10 CAD per AM.

So... I think we're going to go for it. It also seems like there is a very good cancellation policy booking this way... So do we think I'm right in assuming that if I book this, "spend" 24,000 AM, then cancel before that date... I will get my money AND my AM all back?? If so... Game Changer!

This is from the room booking specifically: "Cancellation fee: Price of 1 night(s) after 04/16/2020 04:00 PM (local time), free cancellation before that. The remainder of the refund will be issued to the original payment method. Cancellation fee: 100% of total price for cancellations on day of arrival (local time)."

This is from the website's general FAQ:
How will the refund be processed in the case that a cancellation fee applies?
The cancellation fees are generally defined as a portion of the total stay/price (i.e., cancellation fee = price of 1 night). In the case that a cancellation fee applies, the amount will be deducted from the Canadian dollars and/or Dream Miles amount paid at time of booking, and the rest will be refunded. Credit card refunds may take up to 30 days (depending on your bank’s conditions), whereas refunds of Dream Miles used will appear back to your Dream Account within 24 hours.

This is from the website's general FAQ:
How will the refund be processed in the case that a cancellation fee applies?
The cancellation fees are generally defined as a portion of the total stay/price (i.e., cancellation fee = price of 1 night). In the case that a cancellation fee applies, the amount will be deducted from the Canadian dollars and/or Dream Miles amount paid at time of booking, and the rest will be refunded. Credit card refunds may take up to 30 days (depending on your bank’s conditions), whereas refunds of Dream Miles used will appear back to your Dream Account within 24 hours.

Just to be on the safe side, I would message or email Air Miles with this question. Then if the policy changes or this FAQ info disappears from the site at least you have direct confirmation in writing for your specific case.

Rexall shop
holy smoke Pepcid Ac is very expensive,,,,,it's a shame I have stockpiled the Zantac and now have to throw it out. Oh well better to be safe than sorry.
Two $50.00 spends = 404 airmiles.
The head cashier at Rexall was very polite scanning both my coupons.
Still waiting for 2 weeks worth of Sobeys shops to post.
Hugs
Mel

Just to be on the safe side, I would message or email Air Miles with this question. Then if the policy changes or this FAQ info disappears from the site at least you have direct confirmation in writing for your specific case.

Thank you, that is a very smart suggestion!

So there was a live chat option, which never got a response after 25 minutes, so I called and got a human. It seems, that yes, if your booking has a refund policy, you will get back all miles spent so long as you abide by the rules of that specific hotel/booking. So for me, cancel by the 16th Apr. 2020. WOW. Big change from old booking through Air Miles travel, where, once you spent them... that was it. You were out any points if you had to cancel (unless you bought the overpriced AM insurance plan).

:cheer2: Canadian Discount offer for tickets good for use until December 31, 2020, are on the Disney site :cheer2::jumping1:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/admission/tickets/
Let's hope Airmiles has them available soon. Anxiously waiting to order tickets for our February trip.

Thank you so much for this!!
AM site has the Disneyland ones and I was saving up for 4 x 5 day parkhoppers thinking they would be around 5000 AM each. I was at 19400 AM today when I saw this. I just got all 4 parkhoppers for 16400 AM! So happy!
We have now covered our flights and park tickets with AM for our March DL trip!
Now I can continue saving to also cover our car rental.
:thanks:pixiedust:

Anyone else get 25 AMs for “Out of the blue”? It appeared today and I have no idea what this is for.

I just got my bonus miles from BMO for the round up promo - still no CIJ miles, but at least somethint posted! Still waiting on my Happy Any Day win miles to be posted, but the promotional person sent me an email yesterday saying I should see them in the next 2 weeks. Yay!

I only received 50 airmiles, instead of 100 airmiles. I just got off the phone with BMO Mastercard, and that was painful to say the least. She kept telling me to contact airmiles, and I tried to explain to her it was a BMO offer, and airmiles would not have access to my Mastercard purchases to know if I spent enough money on my BMO MC at the targeted air miles sponsors to qualify for the bonus 100 airmiles. I couldn't remember if it was $700 or $750, but I spent over $800.00 so I should qualify. She didn't have a clue what the Round Up Contest was.

She also told me that I wouldn't get the 100 airmiles at one time, if I qualified, they would split them up over two months. I see other people on here got their 100 bonus airmiles.

Finally she told me they were going to do an investigation and call me back by the end of the week. I am not holding my breath for this one.

I only received 50 airmiles, instead of 100 airmiles. I just got off the phone with BMO Mastercard, and that was painful to say the least. She kept telling me to contact airmiles, and I tried to explain to her it was a BMO offer, and airmiles would not have access to my Mastercard purchases to know if I spent enough money on my BMO MC at the targeted air miles sponsors to qualify for the bonus 100 airmiles. I couldn't remember if it was $700 or $750, but I spent over $800.00 so I should qualify. She didn't have a clue what the Round Up Contest was.

She also told me that I wouldn't get the 100 airmiles at one time, if I qualified, they would split them up over two months. I see other people on here got their 100 bonus airmiles.

Finally she told me they were going to do an investigation and call me back by the end of the week. I am not holding my breath for this one.

Can you please report back as I have the same problem and haven’t called them yet?

This is exactly why I was so glad to see the (extra) 30AM from Sobeys. Now I don't need to bother with following up with BMO. Anytime I've called about something they give me the same runaround you got. It's just not worth the agrevation (for me). When I do a BMO promotion I don't bank on it working. If it does I'm pleasantly surprised.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter