Airmiles Armchair Chatter

1) OP, where did you find the link for the Mega Miles promo? I didn't see anything when I logged into my account.

2) Don't forget to log into your accounts on May 1 and print the coupons (if they are there)...I don't get the paper mailer typically until the end of the first week of the promo, which is so annoying.

3)My account is currently on Cash miles and I earned 183 miles this weekend. If I switch my account to Dream miles today, the miles I earned this weekend will they post to my Cash account or Dream?

1. The link will probably appear on everyone's home page starting the 1st of May -- if not, use this link Mega Miles I'll update it and put a link on the 1st page of the post once tomorrow rolls around
  2. I would imagine that starting tomorrow every store that has offers will have a supply of the coupon booklets at the till, just grab a couple for your records. If it's like the STB promotion there were a few offers that only appeared on my profile so pay attention for those and again, print extras of any you use.
  3. This is from the Airmiles site "Using the preference slider, you can setup or change the deposit preference for your Miles by moving the slider from 0% - 100% toward either your Cash or Dream Accounts. Once set, future Miles will be added to your accounts the way you want. Your preference can be changed as many times as you like and the change will take effect at 3:00am EST the following day." So any miles you've earned up till 3 am tonight (or is that tomorrow :P ) will be cash miles, it won't switch to Dream until after that.

Question about booking flights,, I have only ever booked my flights dept and return. Can I just book return now and when the dept flight prices lower purchase the dept flight later. Hope that makes sense.
Hugs Mel
No problem at all doing your flights this way, when i helped someone last week check out pricing I noticed that the difference in fees was minimal -- the amount of cash you'll need to pay will be slightly more than if you book as one RT flight but not enough to make up for the extra miles involved with a RT ticket in my opinion -- I even used the silly miles-to cash ration to compare the difference in the cost of flights VS the cost of fees.

Here's the math from that exercise ...
If you book it as a RT flight you can do a Non-stop on Delta to Orlando the cost for this flight is
4322 AM + $141.05 taxes & fees
If you book separate One Way flights -- to Orlando -- on Air Canada for 1680 AM + $103.16 taxes and fees
back to Toronto -- on Air Canada again -- 1680 AM + $72.36 taxes and fees
Total for this is 3360 AM + $175.52 taxes & fees
Costs you less miles (962 --- if you use their mile-to-cash that works out to about $100/pp) but an extra $34.47

No problem at all doing your flights this way, when i helped someone last week check out pricing I noticed that the difference in fees was minimal -- the amount of cash you'll need to pay will be slightly more than if you book as one RT flight but not enough to make up for the extra miles involved with a RT ticket in my opinion -- I even used the silly miles-to cash ration to compare the difference in the cost of flights VS the cost of fees.

Here's the math from that exercise ...
If you book it as a RT flight you can do a Non-stop on Delta to Orlando the cost for this flight is
4322 AM + $141.05 taxes & fees
If you book separate One Way flights -- to Orlando -- on Air Canada for 1680 AM + $103.16 taxes and fees
back to Toronto -- on Air Canada again -- 1680 AM + $72.36 taxes and fees
Total for this is 3360 AM + $175.52 taxes & fees
Costs you less miles (962 --- if you use their mile-to-cash that works out to about $100/pp) but an extra $34.47

Thank you Jacqueline for all your hard work figuring this out for me,I really appreciate it.
Hugs Mel

MegaMiles is up!
Ontario doesn't look too bad https://www.airmilesmegamiles.ca/en/home?reg=ON

I can do the Foodland, Shell and Rexall easily. Maybe one of the LCBO offers (the red wine is over $19 ouch) and the airmilesshop ($150 accumulative).

I'm not sure we can do both DH and my card though.

There are lots of options in addition to the five above:
Lowes
Rona
Children's Place
Global Pet Food
Staples
Jean Coutu
BMO MasterCard - 25 transactions (no minimum)
Air Miles Travel Hub
And several more ...

I kind of wish I was a Spendy Pants.

Last edited:
My Mega Miles offers don't have Safeway on them, or Lowes or LCBO. Can I opt into those deals from another drop down box or do I have to stick with my area only? Has a Liquor Mart and Rona which we don't have here. WTH?

Unfortunately I don't think the Mega Miles is a good deal for me.
I will have to think on this.
Good luck to those doing this Shop The Block Mega Miles.
Hugs Mel

Last edited:

This should be pretty easy. BMO mastercard, shell, rexall, global pet foods, foodland(a bit out of the way but still doable),Rona or Lowes for summer flowers.

Unfortunately I don't think the Mega Miles is a good deal for me.
I will have to think on this.
Good luck to those doing this Shop The Block Mega Miles.
Hugs Mel
Yeah, there is some serious cash outlay for most of the sponsors. $150 on the airmilesshops site is pushing it and I have TWO birthdays coming up in May.

I've loaded my offers (saved them), printed off coupons, save copies of coupons to a Power point file (all set to have receipts attached to them). All I have to do now is shop. With only 3 weeks available to me (off to the World next week) it could be tight but I'll give it my best go. I've got 4 coupons which are an easy no brainer purchase the last one plus my extra just in case coupon I will have to think about a (we always need pet food (Global Pet Foods) and it is gardening season (RONA))

Happy hunting all!

I'll have to shop at Foodland when I'm visiting my parents on the May long weekend. I think I will be able to do 5 of them. I wish there was a Sobeys or Metro. Rexall and Shell are easy. Probably the Children's Place as well... kiddo needs summer clothes. Maybe the airmiles shop. Maybe the Global Pet foods.

Hmmmmmm...................................
I do spend quite a bit on flowers for the garden.........................
1.Rona spend $60.00
2. Shell 25 L of fuel
3. Foodland spend $60.00 on groceries
4. LcBO spend $20.00 bottle red wine (available to May 20 2017)
5. Rexall Spend $25.00
Hmmmm I think I might be in:car:

When I try to print my offers the LCBO one is coming up as online and won't print with the others??
Is this happening to anyone else?
Hugs Mel

Last edited:
I know this might be a stupid question but can you guys tell me if the Mega Miles promo is for dream and cash or just cash like the STB promo? I dont see that anywhere but before I go being a "Spendy Pants" (thanks DilEmma) I want to make sure I am earning dream miles and NOT cash miles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter