Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Just in the process of cleaning up my email (haven't been well enough to sit at my desk for any length of time for days :guilty:) and came across an offer i needed to load to the card. Check your inbox to see if you have this one. There is pretty close to zero chance we'll be using it (unless another appliance decides to kick the bucket) but i loaded it anyway!
**ETA the partners are Lowes, Rona, Ace & Rona Depot

Get started on that home project you've been thinking about.
Now's the time to take advantage of this incredible offer.​

All you have to do is:​

1.​
Activate your offer.

2.​
Shop at any of the above Partners and spend $250 from May 29 to June 4, 2019.1

3.​
Pay for your qualifying purchase with your BMO AIR MILES Mastercard and show your AIR MILES Card.

Last edited:
I got it too. Mine is spend $50 at Lowe's, Rona, Ace, Reno Depot and get 150 miles. We only have a Rona, so going around the house this weekend to see if we need anything.

I got it too. Mine is spend $50 at Lowe's, Rona, Ace, Reno Depot and get 150 miles. We only have a Rona, so going around the house this weekend to see if we need anything.
I received the same offer but spend 75$ for 150 AM.
Mine is so high thanks to Owen the Amazing Oven we bought from Lowes. Normally we might spend $50 per YEAR at any of those stores, we prefer to shop at the local Home Hardware instead of the big chain stores.

Random Q ladies (and gentlemen I suppose). Does anyone know when the AMs tickets for Disneyland will be available for the 2020 year? Is there a time of year they usually become available?

I'm trying to "pay" for an early 2020 Disneyland trip entirely with Airmiles and am working out timelines.

I know that our Metro only allows us to use ONE coupon per transaction -- yes I know, you're talking about Sobey's/Foodland (not sure which store has this offer) but just curious if anyone has ever had success using 2 of the same coupons at the same time? If so this would be a great deal.

I have used multiple coupons on the same transaction on three Blue Friday's at Sobey's. Twice with Quaker bars, once with Quaker instant cereal, and another time with a frozen dinner meal. I'll be bringing two of those coupons with me tomorrow.

Thought you would all enjoy the saga of Blue Friday for The Duck! (if not, scroll on by :P )
It's a Toronto day for me and since I'm seeing the Dr as well, hubby is joining me and we're spending the day in the city. I told him it's Blue Friday and he muttered, guess we'll miss it this time. I showed him that ice cream is included and an evil grin crossed his face as he said "Sobey's is open 24 hours, we just need to check out by 11:59" Kewl, ok, I'm down with that, head into the city for the day, come home on the GO Train, get in the car and drive 30 minutes to get ice cream. During our walk after dinner last night he asked if Urban Fresh is playing the game as well and when i said yes he winked and said "how much would we normally pay for dessert out anyway? How about an entire container of ice cream and a Beaver Tail for lunch"

My Blue Friday. I was up at 5:30 (DS alarm went off). At the Foodland I go to at 5:50, shopping done and back in the car at 6:10 (253AM $65 spend). Off to Sobeys, arrive at Sobeys at 6:30 (they don't open until 7am). Play a few games on my phone and review my list while I wait. Prioritize my shopping for the store. Sausages first... buns last. Out of the store and back on my way home at 7:25 (712AM on a spend of $160). My loaded threshold spend did stack with the Blue Friday coupon.

Groceries all put away 3 hours after I left home. Back to bed for me now because that was way too early a start for my day. It was a good day hunting!

Well done, Ottawamom. I'm trying to decide if a trip across the city (35/40 min each way) is worth it for me.

I'm looking at about $40-50 (depending on my regular groceries) and about 160 AM. if everything is in stock. I don't have a big budget today and need to hit up Rexall for a few items, so will also be doing spend $50 get 100 AM there. If my budget were better this week I'd be doing more for sure. Hoping for some ice cream, taco shells and tortillas and salsa. that's about it! I won't be hitting the $100 this time for sure.

Ok I wasn’t sure we could do a shop this week as instead of regular busy this week, our lives have been absolutely crazy busy. I was up making soup and cookies for a lunch I’m hosting at 9 pm last night and watching the Raptors until 11:30. I hit the ground running at 6 am this morning but figured I could take 15 minutes with my coffee to bang out a list. Dh hit the store at opening and got it all done for us.

$139.18 , 640 airmiles and all stocked up on summer snacks , Tostitos , wraps , salsa , sausages etc . Things we definitely use at great prices. :)

The only hiccup was I forgot to give DH gift cards we still had left from Mega Miles but that’s fine , we will use them .

Well done, Ottawamom. I'm trying to decide if a trip across the city (35/40 min each way) is worth it for me.

The nice thing about being on the road at 5:30 and 6:00am is that I had the road pretty much to myself. By the time I came out of Sobeys I was in the morning rush from the burbs but I took a few back roads and avoided the worst of it.

I'm looking at about $40-50 (depending on my regular groceries) and about 160 AM. if everything is in stock. I don't have a big budget today and need to hit up Rexall for a few items, so will also be doing spend $50 get 100 AM there. If my budget were better this week I'd be doing more for sure. Hoping for some ice cream, taco shells and tortillas and salsa. that's about it! I won't be hitting the $100 this time for sure.

They had a good stock of those left when I left the store. Unless someone goes in and cleans them out you should be able to get items.

On a side note; I must say I've gotten used to the new format for the boards. I haven't seen what it is like on my phone yet (where I understand the greatest improvement is)

Blue Friday Haul
$317.44 spread over three $100+ orders at Sobeys
1150 AM = 550 points + 300 for the Spend $100 get 100 points + 300 points (used two of my buy $150 get 150 points gift cards from last month - I know these have already posted but I like to count them when I use them)
Plus another $9 in Shell Gas savings from the three "Save 5 cents" coupons

Nice little Friday.

first blue friday in my new neighborhood and this safeway is great! i had a problem with some miles not showing up and the employees were really helpful.

spent 210$ (including some regular groceries we needed) and earned 631 miles.

edited, since we’re keeping track: my personal offer spend threshold didn’t stack with the flyer coupon, but they never do out here. it seems like a regional thing?

I plan on hitting my local Sobeys after work today. DS10 will be at a birthday party so I don't have to worry about non Blue Friday items hitting my cart 😉.
Hopefully they won't be sold out of the items I plan to buy. There wasn't a lot that we needed, but I am still hoping for at least 250 AM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter