Airmiles Armchair Chatter

A little non-air miles news I’m so excited to share with this great group: we welcomed our son on Friday! we named him Leslie. he was a bit early, but he’s perfectly healthy. and we got to celebrate our first mother’s day with our baby in our arms! moms and baby are all doing great and recovering together at home.

Congratulations! I hope you are both doing well. A future Disney fanatic has been born! :)

A little non-air miles news I’m so excited to share with this great group: we welcomed our son on Friday! we named him Leslie. he was a bit early, but he’s perfectly healthy. and we got to celebrate our first mother’s day with our baby in our arms! moms and baby are all doing great and recovering together at home.
This is so exciting!! I was actually going to ask how things are going because i had made a note when you gave us a general idea of your due date :D

I think this is rather appropriate because we really do have a baby "on board" Congrats to all 3 of you, enjoy your life as a family.
images

:welcome:
We welcome the new Disney baby! Congrats!!

Cash AM really saved my b**t this morning! I was at my local IGA Extra for their first Blue Friday at exactly when they opened at 8am since I had to leave no later than 8:30am for an appointment. Well I forgot my MasterCard AND debit cards at home!!! I only had my phone and AM card with me and the max amount I can pay with Apple Pay is 99$ BUT I had a coupon get 50AM if I spend 100$. Luckily, the cashier was really nice and she's the one who came up with combining my 30$ AM cash with Apple Pay to be over 100$ and still be able to pay with my phone. Phew! At the end, I got 226 AM for 127$, a record for any promotion in QC for me!!

Now I have to change my AM % to collect another emergency AM cash stash for times like this morning AND big promotions that require AM like MM or StB.

When I went to my local IGA last Friday, I was stopped by an employee asking if I was an airmiles collector. She then proceeded to tell me that if I spent $100 that day, I would get 50,000 points. I told her that was impossible. She kept insisting and showed me the coupon with the word “milles” on it. I told her that although milles does mean thousand it also means miles which is the correct definition in this case. She double checked with her boss and tracked me down in the store to tell me I was right. No kidding!!!

When I went to my local IGA last Friday, I was stopped by an employee asking if I was an airmiles collector. She then proceeded to tell me that if I spent $100 that day, I would get 50,000 points. I told her that was impossible. She kept insisting and showed me the coupon with the word “milles” on it. I told her that although milles does mean thousand it also means miles which is the correct definition in this case. She double checked with her boss and tracked me down in the store to tell me I was right. No kidding!!!

That employee must have been excited about so many air miles, pretty nice of her to inform you. Too bad it wasn't true...

Welcome to wee Leslie! I'm sure that you are tickled with the new addition. Congratulations!
baby-maus-clipart-7.jpg

Congratulations! I miss when my kids were littles.

When I went to my local Sobey's last week, I was stopped by a gentleman who said that everyone shopping at the store that day would get 500 Air Miles. Turned out that he was pushing a new Sobey's Air Miles Mastercard that you had to activate to get the 500 miles. Such misleading information.

When I went to my local Sobey's last week, I was stopped by a gentleman who said that everyone shopping at the store that day would get 500 Air Miles. Turned out that he was pushing a new Sobey's Air Miles Mastercard that you had to activate to get the 500 miles. Such misleading information.
You always have to question. I went through a period of pull-my-hair-out-at-hubby with Canadian Tire/Zellers/any other store you can think of. "You want to save $20? Sign here". "You want free cookies? Sign here". We've cancelled at least 3 (and probably 5) CTC credit cards over the years because he's a sucker for that stuff. :headache: Now that I'm retired, I try hard not to let him shop alone. (as an aside, we were in CTC 2 weeks ago, and we were approached twice about the new Triangle card. Twice! By the same girl!)

I actually had to find a cloth to wipe the screen off as i read this! Brings back memories of playing a card game many many (oh tooo many) moons ago and the arguments that it created because i went to a school that gave us more than the required number of hours of French classes than my best friend did and a WHOLE lot more than any of the adults had!!

It was also around the time that we switched from miles to kilometers on the highways so that just added to the confusion: are we now talking about 1,000 miles or 1,000 kilometers OR 1,000 milestones that i (in the infinite wisdom of an annoying pre-teen girl) pointed out was the direct translation. Dang, now i need to find that game!!!

il_340x270.933537392_rh0e.jpg

I actually had to find a cloth to wipe the screen off as i read this! Brings back memories of playing a card game many many (oh tooo many) moons ago and the arguments that it created because i went to a school that gave us more than the required number of hours of French classes than my best friend did and a WHOLE lot more than any of the adults had!!

It was also around the time that we switched from miles to kilometers on the highways so that just added to the confusion: are we now talking about 1,000 miles or 1,000 kilometers OR 1,000 milestones that i (in the infinite wisdom of an annoying pre-teen girl) pointed out was the direct translation. Dang, now i need to find that game!!!

il_340x270.933537392_rh0e.jpg

One of my favourite card game!

Jumping back onto this thread after a prolonged absence (since January :oops:). But my Air Mile collection has been seriously lacking in that time period too. So, I guess I need to stay "plugged in" here to never miss out on the fantastic information, and early deal opportunities!! Thanks to all of you that keep this thread current!!

Jumping back onto this thread after a prolonged absence (since January :oops:). But my Air Mile collection has been seriously lacking in that time period too. So, I guess I need to stay "plugged in" here to never miss out on the fantastic information, and early deal opportunities!! Thanks to all of you that keep this thread current!!
Welcome back

I picked up the upcoming Sobeys flyer when I was shopping today. I am sorry to report there isn't much in the flyer. A bunch of buy 2 get 5 or 10AM offers. Good if you were going to buy those things anyway but nothing to run to the store for.

Well this will be my 3rd week in a row with no shopping at Sobeys/Foodland,I sure do miss the deals.
Thanks for sharing.
Hugs Mel

I think will also be jumping back into the airmiles game. I have a goal to earn ONE 7 day Disney ticket this year. More would be great, but the PC program works out so much better for our household that I think I will set my sights low for the airmiles. Even one ticket will save me $500 so it’s nothing to sneeze at. I’ll use my PC points to cash in for Disney gift cards We are thinking of going next May. I’ll have a decent start on that ticket when the Mega Miles post.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter