• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Just an update on something I posted a month or so ago. I had received the 800 AM for my November, spend $400 get 800 Amex deal. One of the items I purchased went on sale and not thinking I called for a refund of the difference, which I did get. That meant my spend for the month was actually $350 and I was worried that they would take back the 800 AM. Well, its been two statement cycles since the refund and they have not taken the AM back! Looks like I got off lucky. :)

Quick question. Remember the St Hubert chicken broth cartons that we all bought? I just opened one and there was no plastic seal inside. Is that the way they are? I then opened a second one and it’s the same. They both look like there was a seal but it was poked open.
ALL of mine were that way. EVERY SINGLE ONE. Like a previous poster mentioned they looked and tasted fine, and in fact I don’t think I noticed the issue until I had used a few of them but I was always concerned about them after that. I think it’s just the way the carton is supposed to be but it looks like maybe it was poked doesn’t it?! And then I thought .. who sat and poked out the seals of 30 containers of broth? So strange!:confused3

ALL of mine were that way. EVERY SINGLE ONE. Like a previous poster mentioned they looked and tasted fine, and in fact I don’t think I noticed the issue until I had used a few of them but I was always concerned about them after that. I think it’s just the way the carton is supposed to be but it looks like maybe it was poked doesn’t it?! And then I thought .. who sat and poked out the seals of 30 containers of broth? So strange!:confused3
I can certainly see your logic....it couldn't be all of them. I dumped the first one I opened and the second one is in my fridge. I had a can of broth that I used for dinner last night. I'm not sure that I can use this stuff. The lid came off like it was already open.

I can certainly see your logic....it couldn't be all of them. I dumped the first one I opened and the second one is in my fridge. I had a can of broth that I used for dinner last night. I'm not sure that I can use this stuff. The lid came off like it was already open.
My lids weren’t like that, it was just the foil seal that didn’t look right. I justified the use by the fact that the lid twisted and clicked. And several times I thought of returning them but by that point I had them in my cold cellar for months and months. It was too late. I have some still that I have been avoiding because like you, it bugs me. I will probably just get rid of the rest of mine.

My lids weren’t like that, it was just the foil seal that didn’t look right. I justified the use by the fact that the lid twisted and clicked. And several times I thought of returning them but by that point I had them in my cold cellar for months and months. It was too late. I have some still that I have been avoiding because like you, it bugs me. I will probably just get rid of the rest of mine.
I have just decided I'm going to toss them all out. I only bought 4 and not getting sick is worth a whole lot more to me than the $8 that they cost.

I'm not even going to bother TRYING Rexall this week ... if the offers don't stack it just meets my minimal target of 1:1 and that's not worth an hour walk in the rain!

For those of you with the broth problems -- This doesn't sound safe to me, I would be pouring it down the drain. I would also contact the company to let them know my concerns with the packaging.

I just rechecked the ones I have left and the cap is definitely safety sealed and needs to be broken to open it.. which is why the seal on the inside not being there didn’t concern me as much. I definitely wouldn’t have used if the cap was loose, but mine was sealed. And that’s what confused me because I don’t know if there is supposed to be a seal or not. Regardless, I agree.. won’t be buying it again.

Just to let you all know that Airmiles Travel Hub as a promo for 75AM when booking a hotel room (promo is good until the end of the year). I got a pretty good number of AM for a 1 night booking (paid 148$CAD and got 185AM total).

I have just decided I'm going to toss them all out. I only bought 4 and not getting sick is worth a whole lot more to me than the $8 that they cost.

I would contact the company to see if this is in fact how their product is made. I have had concerns in the past about the packaging on a product and I called the 1-800 number on the item and inquired. I was surprised to find, for this product, that there was very little in way of security. I expressed my concerns, they were noted and I received coupons for additional products made by this company.

It might be worth a shot before you toss the products.

Just to let you all know that Airmiles Travel Hub as a promo for 75AM when booking a hotel room (promo is good until the end of the year). I got a pretty good number of AM for a 1 night booking (paid 148$CAD and got 185AM total).
This will come in handy. I have to book a number of hotel rooms for different things like basketball tournaments and conferences. I wonder if it applies for each booking ?

I'm not even going to bother TRYING Rexall this week ... if the offers don't stack it just meets my minimal target of 1:1 and that's not worth an hour walk in the rain!

For those of you with the broth problems -- This doesn't sound safe to me, I would be pouring it down the drain. I would also contact the company to let them know my concerns with the packaging.
I would contact the company to see if this is in fact how their product is made. I have had concerns in the past about the packaging on a product and I called the 1-800 number on the item and inquired. I was surprised to find, for this product, that there was very little in way of security. I expressed my concerns, they were noted and I received coupons for additional products made by this company.

It might be worth a shot before you toss the products.
I'm going to look for some contact info.

When I'm in QC I visit a couple of grocery stores to find St. Hubert products. Obviously I love them....especially the chicken seasoning. Last summer I bought 5 jars of the seasoning and the cashier looked down at the jars and then back at me. I know she thought I was weird but it's so good.

My bonus 50 air miles did not show up today. Neither did my 3X Indigo air miles actually. This was Air Mile's offer of spend $20 plus for 50 when they redesigned their website back in November.

I chatted an agent a few minutes ago and received my 56 air miles.

I have a feeling it was because Indigo messed up my order.

I am really hoping for some good deals over the next week or two. I need those STB airmiles to post, and now about 250+ more to get the flights I want, they keep changing! So hopefully Rexall has a good deal on the weekend or next week. At least they post quickly, I'm still waiting for Metro and Sobeys from two weeks ago, their cycles mess me up every time.

Metro flyer looks like a few small bonuses (from the link above). Hopefully Sobeys has some as well. The hunt continues! :)

Not sure which days you are travelling in April but I was just doing a little checking. Look at the option of booking 2 one way tickets instead of a round trip. You may find it will cost fewer AM. I was looking at April 21-28 and somehow it was a lot cheaper when I looked at 2 one way flights vs a round trip ticket. (just a option to consider)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter