Airmiles Armchair Chatter

O/T Just Sharing.......................
So i headed to Factory Direct and bought out the last 5 lanterns they had,,, 50% off.
I plan to add a holiday pick and Holiday ribbon to each one. (solar, 1 AA rechargeable battery , Westinghouse ).
$9.99 each
1664291552029.png
-Charges in sun or shade

-Sturdy metal construction

-Durable plastic butterfly lens

-6 warm LEDs

Hugs Mel

spent the last few days getting snuggles with Arthur, wish they lived closer! He's changing so quickly, only 2 months old but he's already rolling over and is able to support his head. I knew we'd need gas before we got up to orillia and we travel strictly back roads meaning gas stations are few and far between but I don't want to leave miles unearned! So before we left we stopped and put $5 in and that was more than enough to let us do our 3rd fill-up for September when we got there (sorry for those of you with bigger vehicles that might not make it 3 blocks nevermind the 3 hours on a dribble of gas) We needed a few snacks when we got there so went to Metro for another show of my card on my phone and I'm needing to buy an Amazon gift card that I'll get at Shell for the 3rd scan of the week.

we got home, unloaded the car, tossed some kibble in Mocha's direction, changed into short-sleeved shirts and went to get our Bivalent jabs!

anyone going to jump on the spend money to get more miles ? Just got an email about the Max Pass happening again. Doesn't seem to make sense to me, spend 10 to get 40x the base miles, how much would I need to spend to earn that back? Too much effort for me

I agree I don't like the new Max Pass thing at all. Here's my quick calculation if you spent $200 that would get you 10AM 40X that would mean a 400AM earn. You would be ahead $30 but that's a lot of tracking and you'd have to know you would spend that much in the short time frame to make it worthwhile.
$100 spend 5AM x40 200AM earned
$60 spend 3 AM x40 120AM earned just above break even for your money spent to get the coupon (assuming the coupon cost $10, I haven't got that far into looking into it)

I'm not going to be playing that game.

I agree I don't like the new Max Pass thing at all. Here's my quick calculation if you spent $200 that would get you 10AM 40X that would mean a 400AM earn. You would be ahead $30 but that's a lot of tracking and you'd have to know you would spend that much in the short time frame to make it worthwhile.
$100 spend 5AM x40 200AM earned
$60 spend 3 AM x40 120AM earned just above break even for your money spent to get the coupon (assuming the coupon cost $10, I haven't got that far into looking into it)

I'm not going to be playing that game.
I came to see everyone else’s thoughts on this . They want me to pay to get bonus airmiles but to get 200 airmiles I’m paying ten dollars (40x 100 airmiles ) so I’m really only getting a 100 airmiles bonus .
And it’s a week purchase and I have no dues what’s on sale that week etc..
Hard no from me. Hopefully this promo falls on its head and they come up with something better .

For those in Ontario, Sobeys has GC on $150 get 100AM this coming week. How many GC does one need. I just stocked up with the last promotion thinking that might be the last.

Do I add a couple more. I'll have prepaid my groceries at Fresh Co for the next few months.
I will buy a couple of them since I use them up pretty quick as Sobeys is my main store. I bought 4 last time and they may have all been used already. Thanks for the update.

O/T
need help figuring this out.
I know someone knows this

If 0.05 is 3 and 1/2 hours or 3.5 hours
How much is 0.02 ?

Thanks
Hugs Mel

I'm glad you all were talking about the max pass thing, because I didn't get it. I was thinking I was misunderstanding something. I would rather just do a 20x spend at Shoppers with my pc mastercard to get almost the same amt of points for a lesser spend.

I'm still considering picking up a few more GC. Need to figure out if I'm really going to get DH over the ONYX threshold before the end of December at my current earn rate. Does he really need to be ONYX?

Jaquelines words keep coming back to me. Don't unnecessarily spend for AM...

Other than those GC no big AM for me other than what I will earn on my CC for using it at grocery stores other than Sobeys and Metro.

Saving this here to remind myself to use this
I did a can goods shopping today.
$52.02 at Metro

200 Bonus Miles

Spend just $50 at Metro and get an exclusive promo code for 200 Dream Miles off your next merchandise reward redemption worth 1,000 Miles or more between November 1 to December 13, 2022.*
* This is an exclusive, non-transferable offer. Only the recipient of the offer invitation qualifies for this offer. Offer valid from September 22 to October 5, 2022. Valid at participating Metro locations in Ontario, excluding Thunder Bay. Minimum eligible purchase of $10 must be spent in a single transaction during the offer period, excluding taxes, tobacco, beer, wine, cider, Western Union, lottery, transit tickets, stamps, gift cards, prescription medications, behind the-counter pharmacy items, and purchases from in-store vendors. AIR MILES card must be presented at the time of the purchase. Can be combined with other offers, and AIR MILES offers. Exclusive promo code will be sent via email by November 1, 2022 and is valid from November 1 to December 13, 2022 on a merchandise redemption of 1,000 Miles or more made through rewards.airmiles.ca/merchandise, excluding donation redemptions, entertainment products, Deal of the Day and redemptions made through the personal shopper service. The promo code provided via the offer invitation is unique for the intended recipient’s collector number, must be included at the time of checkout for the eligible redemption, and can only be used once in a single transaction. The promo code cannot be split between multiple transactions and is not valid in combination with any other discount or special offer.

I'm sure there will be something I need for a Christmas gift.

Hugs Mel

My BMO offer this time 🤩
All I have to do is accept?!
Of course this offer where all I had to do was opt in to get 800 AM has not posted. Terms say it would post by Sep 30. And of course it was the one time I did not screen shot my opt in :(
I put in a request for missing miles however all you put there is the date and sponsor and number of AM missing. Seems like too little info. Hopefully I can get this resolved.

Attachments

• CDE440F9-FF6C-4AA2-ADED-D9275D873270.png
    CDE440F9-FF6C-4AA2-ADED-D9275D873270.png
    61.9 KB · Views: 3
Best of luck with that. (Sincerely)

I have kicked myself a few times recently for not having screenshot the offer before opting in. I got lazy because things had been working perfectly for quite a while. The one time I don't and it doesn't work as it should. Mine were only for 40 AM so not worth the time to follow up.

Just one last double check before I buy my WDW and USO tickets with AM...if something happens I can change the start date to my tickets right? I know they are non-refundable but just want to be sure I can change the dates if needed if I buy them with AM. Do all the same rules apply to the tickets bought with AM as if you bought them normally? I normally buy my tickets just a couple weeks before we go but since we have to make park ressies I want to be sure I make my ressies ASAP.

Do the tickets come electronically or still in the mail?

Disney is only too happy to change the dates for you. They will not give you money back if you move to a less expensive time but they are happy to take your cash if you move to a more expensive week.

They are non-refundable but Disney will keep their value on their books for a future trip. I have some cash (old tickets value) sitting with them from a cancelled 2020 trip.

I haven't ordered tickets in a while so I'm not sure about your last question.

Disney is only too happy to change the dates for you. They will not give you money back if you move to a less expensive time but they are happy to take your cash if you move to a more expensive week.

They are non-refundable but Disney will keep their value on their books for a future trip. I have some cash (old tickets value) sitting with them from a cancelled 2020 trip.

I haven't ordered tickets in a while so I'm not sure about your last question.
Thanks very much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter