• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Hi all.....I've been trying to stay off the interwebs and keep myself busy with other things. I'm off work again. We've got an outbreak at work. Fortunately it's all staff....nearly 40 of them. It started on the 24th and I worked through the first couple of days of it but I had planned a couple of days off around NYE before this even started. Those 2 days have now turned into over a week and it is going to carry over into at least the middle of next week. At the moment I don't feel like I've used my time all that wisely...wishing I had accomplished more. I started painting our spare room yesterday and that's a bit of a big job so that will get finished hopefully before I go back to work. Oh how I HATE painting ceilings!

So AM...... I managed 9922 this year. Normally I would be around 14,000. DD's card is 2504. Normally that would be around 4000. I don't keep spreadsheets of anything so I have no idea what the cause of the big reduction. I suppose partially that without having WDW trips there just isn't as much motivation. Also, probably the fact that work wise I'm shoulder a lot more this past year and by the time my day is done I just go home and crash. I know that I've let a lot of miles go. I had the intention of going after them but just didn't.

Happy New Year and better AMing for us all!

Just wondering if Staples takes a long time to post? I've been waiting for a significant number of miles since October and just wondered if it always takes this long?

Just wondering if Staples takes a long time to post? I've been waiting for a significant number of miles since October and just wondered if it always takes this long?
My Staples airmiles usually post quite quickly --within a week or two.
I would definitely be calling or Chatting with Airmiles.
Good Luck
Hugs
Mel

I see a few items that I think I'll buy that we use ( or my ds's will gobble up - pizza pops lol) that I can score a few more AM. I do like some of those lean cuisine meals to have in the freezer at work for lunches. I also see the sweet kale salad mix as well. I guess Safeway will be getting some of my money this week!

Quick in and out morning shop at Sobeys,,, (store was empty but yeah it was 7:10 Am) .
I picked up some Method cleaners for my sister and sister in-law.
8 bottle x 4.49=$35.92
= 200 Airmiles.

I am going to give them a try as my sister inlaw likes that they are eco friendly ,,although I am sensitive to fragrances and have sensitive skin.

here's an article I found on them.

https://www.safehouseholdcleaning.com/review-method-glass-cleaner/
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:

Hi All. I'm remembering at the end of December a redeem 95 airmiles at Sobeys (MB) for a bonus but I can't seem to find it and pretty sure I didn't receive the bonus on my receipts or in my account. Does anyone remember or have a link to the flyer then?

Here's the flyer Sobeys flyer.

It usually takes 4-6 weeks for Sobeys to post the bonus AM. They won't appear on your receipt.
Thank you! I normally don’t have cash miles so don’t do these but I happened to this time around. I didn’t know it would take them that long so I’ll make myself a note to check back about them.

Well...I went back to work for 3 days last week. Been off again since last Friday....sadly it's now a full blown outbreak. I suspect I'll be off for this entire week, maybe longer. On the up side I finished painting the bedroom and will finish putting everything back together today. Then moving on to either organizing work stuff for tax prep.....probably should do that now as I hate it and it's always a solid 8hrs plus worth of work. Then I'm going to start painting my living room.....OMG another ceiling :faint: The way my luck goes that will be a sure fire way to get the call to go back to work!

So how has everyone faired with the blizzard? DH went to work yesterday for an entire 2 hours before they decided to close...how stupid. Poor guy came home and spent hours clearing the driveway even through it was still snowing. He spilled oil on the top of the snow blower so it was smoking and some lady came along and asked if his car was on fire :rotfl2:After dinner he goes back out and has a second go at it....then stalks the window until 10:30 hoping the plow would go by so he could clean out the end of the driveway again. No luck...of course they come by at some point in the night. We are super lucky in that we live 3 houses in from a main street that the plow turns off of and brings a sh#t ton on snow with it to spread across the end of our driveway. It was a gorgeous pile this morning that was approx 4ft tall and maybe 4ft wide. Poor guy was outside at 6:45 trying to just make enough space to get the car out and had to do it with just a shovel. So now I'll head out around noon and take a stab at it......here's where the real fun will start. My neighbour has a ridiculously large snow blower that he procured a couple of months ago. He will stand in his bedroom window watching while I'm outside shoveling....I don't often use our blower because I don't enjoy smelling like gas after. When I either finish or give up he will come out...do his own and not finish mine. He will also shoot snow all over our driveway cuz he can't properly operate the blower.

So how has everyone faired with the blizzard? DH went to work yesterday for an entire 2 hours before they decided to close...how stupid. Poor guy came home and spent hours clearing the driveway even through it was still snowing. He spilled oil on the top of the snow blower so it was smoking and some lady came along and asked if his car was on fire :rotfl2:After dinner he goes back out and has a second go at it....then stalks the window until 10:30 hoping the plow would go by so he could clean out the end of the driveway again. No luck...of course they come by at some point in the night. We are super lucky in that we live 3 houses in from a main street that the plow turns off of and brings a sh#t ton on snow with it to spread across the end of our driveway. It was a gorgeous pile this morning that was approx 4ft tall and maybe 4ft wide. Poor guy was outside at 6:45 trying to just make enough space to get the car out and had to do it with just a shovel. So now I'll head out around noon and take a stab at it......here's where the real fun will start. My neighbour has a ridiculously large snow blower that he procured a couple of months ago. He will stand in his bedroom window watching while I'm outside shoveling....I don't often use our blower because I don't enjoy smelling like gas after. When I either finish or give up he will come out...do his own and not finish mine. He will also shoot snow all over our driveway cuz he can't properly operate the blower.
Wow. :eek: :confused:

And he dh and sons will help out our elderly neighbor across the street as he is older now and has a harder time doing his whole driveway the way he likes it done. He helped us out for years when we didn't have a snow blower. Also...we are not sure about our new neighbors right beside us...there is a houseful of men, but yet the lady is always outside struggling to move the stupid amount of snow we have gotten this year in Alberta. So dh and ds's go over to help her out as well. Do you really NOT have an extra 20 minutes with your snowblower to help out a neighbor? I remind my boys all the time we need to help others out in small ways. Our world needs more kindness towards others right now.

I had to head out early this morning to clean off the car and shovel enough to move the car over the pile of snow that the plow had created when they did a pass thru the lot at 3 am (townhouse complex). Came back in, washed my hair, changed my clothes, packed a lunch, took my pills and headed back out to the car so I could head up the highway to meet my family at the funeral parlour. Crap! Stupid plow had come back and created another deeper pile behind my tiny car and that made me sweaty and 10 minutes late 🤦‍♀️

my dad died early yesterday morning and while it truly was a blessing I really wish my family had communicated more with us. Please everyone, talk to your families, keep each other in the loop, don't assume that someone else had texted or called! We had no idea that he tested positive for COVID-19 over 2 weeks ago, that they'd already given the funeral director a heads-up before Christmas that he was failing quickly. Perhaps my kids might have liked to say goodbye to their Papa ☹ and maybe, just maybe I might have wanted to support my mom!

no shopping happening for me this week, don't care how many miles I might get or what's on sale! I grabbed a carton on milk at Rexall when I was picking up some scripts and that was hard enough

I had to head out early this morning to clean off the car and shovel enough to move the car over the pile of snow that the plow had created when they did a pass thru the lot at 3 am (townhouse complex). Came back in, washed my hair, changed my clothes, packed a lunch, took my pills and headed back out to the car so I could head up the highway to meet my family at the funeral parlour. Crap! Stupid plow had come back and created another deeper pile behind my tiny car and that made me sweaty and 10 minutes late 🤦‍♀️

my dad died early yesterday morning and while it truly was a blessing I really wish my family had communicated more with us. Please everyone, talk to your families, keep each other in the loop, don't assume that someone else had texted or called! We had no idea that he tested positive for COVID-19 over 2 weeks ago, that they'd already given the funeral director a heads-up before Christmas that he was failing quickly. Perhaps my kids might have liked to say goodbye to their Papa ☹ and maybe, just maybe I might have wanted to support my mom!

no shopping happening for me this week, don't care how many miles I might get or what's on sale! I grabbed a carton on milk at Rexall when I was picking up some scripts and that was hard enough
Oh I am so sorry for your loss. Can't even imagine how you're feeling given the whole not being given any warning. Hugs to you and your family.

hugs, jacqueline. i’m sorry for your loss, and that you and your kids weren’t given the chance to say goodbye.

This had to have been devastating, I'm so very sorry for your loss. If there is anything that your little community here can do for you, please let us know. If you want to share anything else, if you want to talk it out, feel free.
Sending virtual hugs your way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter