Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I agree with prices climbing. I've been using Walmart, and they do groceries here now using DoorDash delivery, I've been using pick up but this was even easier and less contact. Mind you it cost some extra for the delivery but I didn't have to come in contact with anyone. I'm not sure if other stores are doing the same, I mean I know some of the pet stores do now, but it would be nice for the grocery places to do it as well. I had gone to FoodBasics in search of some lower prices but it was crowded and a bit close in with people. I am glad we are still wearing masks but I notice carts aren't being wiped down in some places, and certainly the aisles are a free for all in directions. I'll stick with pick up or delivery where I can. But I haven't had much luck with them choosing fruit so will have to figure something out there to go and pick out my own. Less airmiles earned overall, but this 4th wave business seems to be no joke.

I managed to put together an order for Staples to actually end up earning those errant 80 miles I had forgotten to snag! Not quite sure how I managed to end up hurting my elbow enough to need a brace at times but hey, Staples sells everything now! Found one that came close to what was recommended by the doctor but it didn't quite meet the $40 threshold so I spent some time poking around on the site and found what we think is an amazing deal. I guess like every other business out there, Staples has found themselves with massive overstock on COVID-19 protection/cleaning items and I took advantage of that fact buy tossing 10 of these into my order. No idea what they were selling for earlier but for .97 they're perfect for leaving in the glovebox, tossing into hubby's briefcase if he ever leaves the house again and you know most of them are in my suitcase for my dream trip :P

Staples Premium Personal Protection Multi-Pack

I say great score Jacqueline!!
Hope the elbow feels better.

I kind of got the evil eye from my son when he unpacked 20 small grab and go 15c packs of Clorox wipes. :tilt:
But I need them,(perfect for appointments ,filling gas ,wiping down shopping carts , spilling morning coffee).:coffee:
I picked up 100 airmiles at Sobeys. (buy 2 for $3 get 10 airmiles).
They fit right in my lunch bag.

1631975105968.png
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
I say great score Jacqueline!!
Hope the elbow feels better.

I kind of got the evil eye from my son when he unpacked 20 small grab and go 15c packs of Clorox wipes. :tilt:
But I need them,(perfect for appointments ,filling gas ,wiping down shopping carts , spilling morning coffee).:coffee:

View attachment 605641
Hugs
Mel
I LOVE those -- I've been carrying things like that around in my backpack, in the car, my purse, suitcase etc for YEARS, even before COVID was a thing and everyone started obsessively cleaning every surface they might touch. Due to food allergies and extremely sensitive skin I need to make sure I'm not going to contact something I'll react to , heck I got weird sideways glances whenever we got on a plane and I wiped down everything. But when people saw how disgustingly dirty they ended up I usually had someone ask for a couple. I might feel the need to head to a Sobeys but that will probable pass because the last 6 trips I've made to get offers I've left in frustration , empty handed!

I LOVE those -- I've been carrying things like that around in my backpack, in the car, my purse, suitcase etc for YEARS, even before COVID was a thing and everyone started obsessively cleaning every surface they might touch. Due to food allergies and extremely sensitive skin I need to make sure I'm not going to contact something I'll react to , heck I got weird sideways glances whenever we got on a plane and I wiped down everything. But when people saw how disgustingly dirty they ended up I usually had someone ask for a couple. I might feel the need to head to a Sobeys but that will probable pass because the last 6 trips I've made to get offers I've left in frustration , empty handed!

Well my girlfriend just showed me a place to get them even cheaper...
99 cents Food Basics..page 10 of 15 no airmiles though.
https://www.reebee.com/flyers/10018/1426153?page=10
And the 30 packs are 2 for $3.00
page 11 of 15

Yeah I think they are super handy to have.
Hugs Mel

View attachment 605641
Hugs
Mel

I picked up some of those as well this week at Sobeys.

we were out getting a puzzle feeder for Mocha (gawd she eats far too quickly and then chatters constantly wanting more, hoping to slow her down) and on the way home Frederick announced that he was hungry (our Fit 🤪) so we went to Shell since my Mastercard offer this week was spend 50 get 75 miles. I figured if we needed to toss in a lottery ticket to get to that point so be it! Checked the app to see what the offers are currently and grabbed some Gatorade for our daughter. Less than 10 minutes later this is how it posted! The 75 will post eventually making this 52.13 transaction pretty darn good!
Screenshot_20210918-151737_AIR MILES.jpg

we were out getting a puzzle feeder for Mocha (gawd she eats far too quickly and then chatters constantly wanting more, hoping to slow her down) and on the way home Frederick announced that he was hungry (our Fit 🤪) so we went to Shell since my Mastercard offer this week was spend 50 get 75 miles. I figured if we needed to toss in a lottery ticket to get to that point so be it! Checked the app to see what the offers are currently and grabbed some Gatorade for our daughter. Less than 10 minutes later this is how it posted! The 75 will post eventually making this 52.13 transaction pretty darn good!
View attachment 605693
Love the instant posting of Shell these days!
we had a buy 30 liters get 50 AM. DH filled this morning and the 59 AM are posted already.

I had an offer in my Shell Go+ for this weekend in the offers section. It says I needed to opt into the offer by email. Unfortunately I didn't get an email... I usually do though so I don't think it's the settings!

Thinking of getting the 30L fill and engaging with the loyalty team! I wouldn't bother if I just wasn't targeted, but I see it there sitting in my account.

For those near a Jean Coutu, today is the last day of 75 Air Miles/$10 - which you can use for giftcards. :)

I had a Shell win today too! My tank was bone dry - pulled into Shell not really wanting to do V+ for the 100AM and crunching the math in my head as to whether it was worth it….and my gas station was out of all grades of fuel….except V+! They were waiting on the fuel truck…and had priced the V+ at the same price as regular + I got the 5cents off! The miles already posted 111 + whatever the BMO MC top up bonus will be for $58.

LOL...me too! I've been a germophobe for years. I remember many times that I was wiping down every nook and cranny of the airplane while the neighbours gave me the :rolleyes:

Hey guys in Ontario .. if you have an IPhone the people who made the vaccine hunters website have made a super easy tool to download your vaccine receipts to your Apple wallet . I had no idea where to post this but I think a lot of people look in here. My daughter shared it with me and it was so easy I wanted to pass it on .

https://grassroots.vaccine-ontario.ca/

I seen the last bunch of pizza pops I bought are gone. Guess I will have to buy more....shucks :woohoo: lol I'll probably pick up some granola bars and cereal to donate as well...as I had heard on the radio our Salvation Army seen a 63% increase in people needing to use the food bank last year :sad1:

Alright my AM hunting buddies....does anyone know of a promo that might be starting again soon?

I found a new clothing items I could buy....and use an airmiles shops to get some AM. I will wait if anyone knows of a promo coming up where I could snag a few extra miles.

This momma is finally buying some better fitting clothes. We cleaned out our closet of anything that didn't fit. There is not much left...I need to do some serious shopping :woohoo:

Alright my AM hunting buddies....does anyone know of a promo that might be starting again soon?

I found a new clothing items I could buy....and use an airmiles shops to get some AM. I will wait if anyone knows of a promo coming up where I could snag a few extra miles.

This momma is finally buying some better fitting clothes. We cleaned out our closet of anything that didn't fit. There is not much left...I need to do some serious shopping :woohoo:
Congratulations on the results of your work! Enjoy the shopping!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter