Airmiles Armchair Chatter

We just found out that we are expected back in the office 100% as of April 1 (new fiscal year). I was really hoping we might get another summer of part time at home and office. Of course, the people who never showed up at the office when it was their week ruined it for everyone who WAS coming in. So annoying.

Sorry, off topic. The mods keep closing our covid-related threads LOL

View attachment 558974

View attachment 558975

I ordered these for my sister in law for her Birthday in March,
Hummingbird & Dragonfly solar lanterns. $14.99 each
Canadian Tire.
I think backyards are going to be very busy this year.

Love solar lights.
Hugs Mel
Ooooh! I love these! The dragonfly has a special meaning in our family, so that one would be perfect!

Sorry if this has already been discussed but I just logged onto my Airmiles account to order a Starbucks eVoucher and it says currently unavailable. Does anyone know why or how long this has been/will go on??

Sorry if this has already been discussed but I just logged onto my Airmiles account to order a Starbucks eVoucher and it says currently unavailable. Does anyone know why or how long this has been/will go on??

Hi Hon
This is what I get

This Reward is currently unavailable
You are currently unable to use Cash Miles towards eVouchers for this Partner. Please check back again later.

1614358115247.png

I have seen this happen in the past but usually within a few days they come back online.
Now it is noteworthy to mention that many Starbucks stores are closing down right now so this may also indicate a change in other plans which might or might not include their participation in Airmiles program.
I am a BIG fan of the Starbucks e-vouchers and almost all my cash airmiles go towards these. I would be very disappointed if they leave airmiles so I will be watching carefully.

Hugs
Mel

On my drive to Sobeys I was listening to the radio. CBC was reporting that effective March 31,2021 LCBO will be leaving the Airmiles program. Another one bites the dust.

Here's the LCBO link to the announcement: LCBO parting ways with Airmiles
This is making it harder to complete the Mega Miles and Shop the Block bonus offer events! If I fly with AC mostly, maybe I should start working harder on my Aeroplan points instead.

I don't buy much at the liquor store, but DD does. When I do the big promos, it's Foodland, Metro, Shell, and LCBO. I've done the odd Pet store, and Sobeys. Airmilesshops don't always work for me. Staples, is a rare go-to....maybe once every 2 years. I'm missing the Rexall for the Mega promotions because even though the stores are inconvenient and I don't shop Rexall, for those promotions, I'd try to co-ordinate to get that one in. More and more, I see PC points (and free groceries) becoming my go to reward system. (Well, and my VISA cashback cc and Rakuten)

Last edited:
On my drive to Sobeys I was listening to the radio. CBC was reporting that effective March 31,2021 LCBO will be leaving the Airmiles program. Another one bites the dust.

Here's the LCBO link to the announcement: LCBO parting ways with Airmiles

Looks like Air Miles will be a no go for me anymore...with Rexall and LCBO no longer partners, and our Foodland closing...it will be tough to get any of the bonus mile programs since it will basically be Shell and possibly Staples for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter