Airmiles Armchair Chatter

The last 2 weeks we went to Safeway closest to our home to pick the few odd items that we couldn't find at Superstore, and I have found their shelves VERY alarmingly bare. I sure hope that they are NOT turning it into that store that is like the No Frills brand of Superstore :sad1: Does anyone know what store that might be? But if I do remember right it, that store does not participate in the AM program.

I am able to swing into this Safeway to get those few AM purchases I spy from the flyer. Doing this the past 4 months has helped me get to Onyx this year - which I didn't think I would achieve with covid and all the craziness going on.

The last 2 weeks we went to Safeway closest to our home to pick the few odd items that we couldn't find at Superstore, and I have found their shelves VERY alarmingly bare. I sure hope that they are NOT turning it into that store that is like the No Frills brand of Superstore :sad1: Does anyone know what store that might be? But if I do remember right it, that store does not participate in the AM program.

I am able to swing into this Safeway to get those few AM purchases I spy from the flyer. Doing this the past 4 months has helped me get to Onyx this year - which I didn't think I would achieve with covid and all the craziness going on.
Fresh Co?

I have gone to Safeway only a handful of times since all this. It sure hasn't been my store of choice!
Something about not having online click and collect? Normally an AM-laded store trip takes me about an hour, maybe more, to inspect all the deals and the fine print. If I have to break up the trip into $100-150 chunks for a promo, even longer (since I have to not repeat cashiers, etc.). And we all have heard enough dang science about sharing airspace with juicy humans for long periods of time indoors. ;) Wholesale Club, you don't even have to get out of your car as they load the groceries for you. and they mostly use cardboard boxes to pack, NOT plastic bags.

Just a random thought here,,,,, yeah sometimes I have them when the fog clears.....lol.
I think Airmiles should have started their Promo for Shop The Block early this year.
I think many people are shopping for the holiday season way earlier than normal.
Just a thought.
Starts in 15 days................................ Nov 19th to Dec 28th 2020
1604508703519.png
https://shoptheblock.ca/en/coming_soon1604508872895.png
1604508897927.png
1604508927587.png

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:

i feel like for this promo it’s always been 7 partners, but the reward was higher (2000 miles vs 1200).

i’m not sure i’ll manage 7 on my cards...it’ll really depend on the offers we see. and hopefully we can all work together with different offers, since so many stores vary by region. i hope they release more info soon!

It was definitely 7 partners last year. It would be nice if AM would make the offers easier to do (ie. not a huge cash outlay) given that the payoff has been reduced over the years.

Start putting aside some cash miles in case there are easy Cash AM offers to do. Remember together we are stronger. We can buddy up and do offers from different parts of the country.:hyper2:

OK, I've got the thread started and I'll keep working on flushing out the details over the next couple of weeks. Since my wifi crapped out during the first post there might be some errors, someone already caught one for me! Let me know if there are any more mistakes i need to correct.

And The Duck is done for the night, I need to take a break away from anything that requires concentration! I'm on the search for my next project, anyone want to see some pictures of my last one? It's in the Covid creativity thread but I'll share it here as well (kinda a tad too proud of myself :P )

SHOP THE BLOCK 2020 COMING SOON

Last edited:
I'm currently trying to find a pattern for my next project and since I'm not as confident creating one for clothing as i was for my bag I've given in and I'm looking for an actual real stupidly folded pattern that comes nice in an envelope and can NEVER go back in properly. I remembered discovering the Fabricville was in the online portal during Mega Miles so thought why not get some miles as well, right? Well, dang they're gone now! BUt a slew of new ones have been added as well.
One that doesn't excite me AT ALL since we never shop there but I know lots of people DO, is Walmart.

one that doesn't excite me AT ALL since we never shop there but I know lots of people DO, is Walmart.
Wish I had known this sooner as I have recently done a lot of shopping online with Walmart. They had good deals on matching pj's for my family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter