Airmiles Armchair Chatter

What's the latest scoop on Air Miles flights? Website says you don't have to do anything. Is that really true? My flight would have been next week and it was with Air Canada to Georgia.

Mine says F9 E1, but it sounds basically the same. I don’t know if codes vary by brand. Ours is a Maytag. It just won’t drain. I’m nowhere near an appliance expert...google tells me that if it happens rarely it’s probably a pump, and if it happens regularly it’s probably the computer that regulates the pump. Does yours happen every load?

Thanks for the advice about samsung! I will definitely have to do a ton of research before buying.

It goes in spurts, it's really odd. But right now, yes, it happens every load. It also doesn't beep when it errors so I don't realize it happened and it makes my laundry day longer lol.

When this all started I booked a RO for November 2020. I have finally accepted that I will be lucky if I get back there by November 2021.

Air Canada is allowing me to rebook flights up until end of April 2022, my park tickets, well we'll have to see what Disney will do with those. I don't mind having to pay more but I want to be able to make FP reservations otherwise the tickets are somewhat useless.

It goes in spurts, it's really odd. But right now, yes, it happens every load. It also doesn't beep when it errors so I don't realize it happened and it makes my laundry day longer lol.

how frustrating!

we cloth diaper 90% of the time, so between regular washes and diapers, almost every day is laundry day...

and life without a machine would be impossible!

What's the latest scoop on Air Miles flights? Website says you don't have to do anything. Is that really true? My flight would have been next week and it was with Air Canada to Georgia.

I called and asked for a call back (they said the wait would be 2 hours). I got a call back 15 min later. I was concerned because they cancelled the Orlando-Montreal leg of my flight but not the Montreal-Ottawa leg. Apparently this is not unusual and nothing to be worried about.

The CS rep I spoke with said there wasn't anything they could do with the flights until 48hrs before the original flight time. But at that 48hr mark I should call and they would process the necessary forms to get a flight credit from Air Canada. The flight credit is good for 2 years (AC says from date of cancellation, AM rep said from date of flight so who knows). She was able to confirm that she could see all the original flights I booked even though I couldn't see anything anymore under "My Travel".

I got an email today that made it sound like I wouldn't have to call to get the flight credit but I think I will call anyway, just to be sure. Hope this helps.

I just got an email from Sobeys about new suppliers. They are partnering with Girl Guides Canada to sell their cookies at some locations this Spring. For all those who were wondering where they were going to get their springtime fix of these we may be in luck. I hope they are donating all the proceeds to Girl Guides.

I called and asked for a call back (they said the wait would be 2 hours). I got a call back 15 min later. I was concerned because they cancelled the Orlando-Montreal leg of my flight but not the Montreal-Ottawa leg. Apparently this is not unusual and nothing to be worried about.

The CS rep I spoke with said there wasn't anything they could do with the flights until 48hrs before the original flight time. But at that 48hr mark I should call and they would process the necessary forms to get a flight credit from Air Canada. The flight credit is good for 2 years (AC says from date of cancellation, AM rep said from date of flight so who knows). She was able to confirm that she could see all the original flights I booked even though I couldn't see anything anymore under "My Travel".

I got an email today that made it sound like I wouldn't have to call to get the flight credit but I think I will call anyway, just to be sure. Hope this helps.

That's the same email I got. I was hoping for a cancellation and return of my points. That's what they are doing on Aeroplan. My concern is that I'm not going to get value for my current ticket price since who knows what flights are going to be like at that point when we are willing to travel again.

Aeroplan doesn't require a flow of cash and it's all within the same organization. For us to get points back from AM it would mean that AC would have to return cash to AM and they aren't in a position to do so. I've just written the flights off. If I am able to use them within 2 years, great, if not then it's water under the bridge.

I just got an email from Sobeys about new suppliers. They are partnering with Girl Guides Canada to sell their cookies at some locations this Spring. For all those who were wondering where they were going to get their springtime fix of these we may be in luck. I hope they are donating all the proceeds to Girl Guides.
Got this as part of a Girl Guides email yesterday:

Mmmmmmm.......
Oh yum. I was supposed to get some mint ones when I attended a cooking class but now it has been cancelled so I guess that I won't be getting them. I can take or leave the vanilla /chocolate ones. I will look anyways when I shop at Sobeys next week.

Happy Easter all. Thought I’d quickly check in . Love the mask Donald. Who would have thought a few months ago ..
We are as good as can be, I’m still working taking college classes and dealing with the 4 kids and their challenges including a grade 12 who has to commit to college by end of the month whether he’s going to Toronto end of August and who knows what the world will be like or how education will restart then. He asked for a one year deferral and they said no. I’ve never seen him have anxiety before . I told him to stay home another year if that’s what he wants but it’s his dream acceptance.
we have our Welcome home trip in August and I don’t want to cancel until airlines do.. though if it’s fastpass day and I select fastpasses can I still use the tickets if we don’t go in August later? I’m in the fence if we would go. It’s a ton of money to just throw away . We had discovery cove booked too. Everything is just so unknown tho with everything and I’m a planner so it’s a tough time..
Hugs and love to all
T

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter