Airline fares - Airlines cut rate for kids

rpbear

DIS Veteran
There is an article in the Dallas Morning news in the Travel section about airlines cutting rates for children. The sale covers the 50 states and some Canidian and Mexican locations. The tickets must be purchased by March 30 and travel must be completed by September 13. Participating carriers include American, Delta, Northwest, TWA and US Airways. Children's fares range for $98 to $158 within the US. Now that we have our discounted packages scheduled at WDW, I thought people might be interested in good airfare. The article states the fares can be booked thru a travel agent or the airlines.

I tried to book the kid fares on usair for june from Cleveland. I was on the phone with 3 different people for 35 minutes with no luck. I was looking for the $49 fare for kids-they came up with $155-adults 256. It averaged out to 215 per person for 5 of us. Last year I lucked out with $125 on US air. Im still waiting to get under $180 from Cleveland.

You've got to be kidding me!! I just booked airfare tickets for my 3 children (under 10) YESTERDAY with Delta for $220 each!! No where on their website did it mention special kid's fares. Is this a brand new policy? If only I had waited one more day until booking :(....

Does anyone know if this discount can be applied to tickets already booked?

Thanks to anyone who can help! :)

For anyone trying to get this deal for American airlines, i called AA and was given the following phone # as their promotions number to call for this kids fare deal.1-800-237-7981. Then tell them your interested in the kids fare rates.
This is the quote i received from them. You must be buying an adult ticket at the the same time to get the kids fare. Adult $209.50 /Kid fare $138.00.This is from Chicago Ohare to Orlando and is a direct flight, no stopovers.This is for August 2001.

alice01.gif

threeboysmom, I suggest you contact Delta. Anything posted here is not really of any value because this promotion is not available on all routes or on all travel dates. Only Delta can tell you if you qualify for a lower fare.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter