airfare from newark

dansyr

I'm a loser
Anyone know of any good deals on airfare from Newark to orlando. Right now the cheapest non-stop rt flight is $268 w/ continental. Last year we only paid around $200. We are planning our trip for March 2003. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I've been watching Newark to Orlando airfare since March (for our November trip) and they've been consistently stinky (like $800 for some flights). Is Laguardia an option for you? We paid $169/RT out of Laguardia for our trip. 9/11 has really screwed airfare up pretty badly. :(

I noticed you are from Jersey. My bf also lives in Jersey. We rented a car last yr. to bring us to the airport because none of us want to leave our cars. I don't know how far you are from laguardia, but how do you get there or do you leave your car in a parking lot?????

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

DW and I have had the same problem. We finaly decided on Allentown. It's about an hour from where we are in Jersey. Trying a new comercial venture called South East Air. They are a public charter co. We are paying 133.00 RT to Sanford which is about 1 to 1 1/2 hours from WDW. Even with renting a car it was still much cheaper then newark, and they have a early Sat. flight non stop, which was big selling point for us, we hait layovers. We will post our experience regarding the flight when we get back. I really hope this does not come back to haunt us, but from everybody I have talked to, they seem to be doing a very good job.

have a great trip.

Scott, Peg and Tyler

Let me know how that goes. I am only about 40 min from Allentown airport. I wish they had some non-stop flights to orlando that leave on Tues and Wed.

Originally posted by dansyr
I noticed you are from Jersey. My bf also lives in Jersey. We rented a car last yr. to bring us to the airport because none of us want to leave our cars. I don't know how far you are from laguardia, but how do you get there or do you leave your car in a parking lot?????

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Where we are in NJ, Lodi (which is Bergen county) I'd say we're 30 minutes from Newark and about 30-40 minutes from Laguardia. We are going to use a car service (Lodi Taxi & Limo) and to go to Newark one way would be $40 + tolls, to go to Laguardia one way would be $50 + tolls (which are more than the tolls to Newark since we'll be going over the George Washington Bridge). But to me it is worth it... I wanted specific flight times (we've got a 6am going down and a 7:30pm coming back) to get that flight combo, non-stop out of Newark was $800/person or some insane like that.

Lori

We also live in Jersey, but fly out of PHila, because it is cheaper. We are about equal distance from each, so mileage is not an issue. We got flights for $133 from expedia.com. Takes a lot of checking/rechecking prices, but it was worth it..they can change from day to day, and also time of day sometimes matters.
I was just lucky.
Good luck
msdznyduck:Pinkbounc

I've given up on Continental!! Their fares are consistently higher that Delta. I've got a $230.00 R/T for thanksgiving week, and if you stay over on Saturday its even lower. Check Delta Express. (No lunch but who cares). This last trip was the first time we parked at Newark in a Monorail lot. It was wonderful! 10 minutes to park and be back at the terminal! It was about the same as a car service, without the hassle(Ours are always late!)

I just booked $155 RT with Continental from Newark for the first week of December. The second week of December is around $184 but two weeks ago both weeks were $211. I finally chose the $155 RT non stop with snacks. Delta Express was the same price with no meal service. These fares expire August 20th.
Michele

I just booked on Expedia the other day. For early November, we are paying $128 for the adults and $64 for the infant on Delta. We normally fly CO, and were seeing comparable rates, but at bad times of the day.

Keep looking, maybe a better rate will turn up for the dates you want.

--Kathy

If you live in Allentown, Philly may be a 2nd option.

Have you consider taking the train into Newark? It's definitely better than driving. You can take the train to Philly, then it goes directly into Penn Station NJ. You can take the airlink from there to Newark. You can even check in at the airlink counter in EWR, much less people.

Thanks everyone for the info. I didn't realize there were so many people from the area on the boards. We are still searching for good airfare from somewhere. I'll update you as to what we find.
If anyone hears of anything though please let me know

:confused: :confused: :confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!