• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airfare Deals!! Anyone added DVC stays with all the deals?

LIFERBABE

DVC MEMBER @ BCV BWV OKW SSR BLT AKV
We are seeing some great deals out of DFW to Orlando this week. Unprecedented really. I know the economy is bad, but with an AP and DVC and ME costwise extra trips are really affordable when the airfare is soooo cheap!

Just wondering if other DVCers are adding fall trips. So far I have added a few days for my birthday in November, and kicking around going for the Boyz II Men concert in Epcot for FWF. May just go for 2 days and come back. My air is $89 RT!! I've been dying to see them ever since they were on Dont Forget The Lyrics last fall!:goodvibes

Airtran has a $25 coupon at www.airtran.com/sunshine and Southwest is offering some great deals too!

Yep, going for a few days in Nov as well. We were going to bank some points and decided to just use them instead!

Enjoy the extra trips! That's a bad thing about planning out our DVC trips so far in advance.

I was able to pass along that Air tran coupon to my DSis for her F&W trip this October.

Bobbi:goodvibes

PS. Having a great week in Cape May, great weather, great food and most importantly have been seeing friends that I hadn't in years!

Enjoy the extra trips! That's a bad thing about planning out our DVC trips so far in advance.

I was able to pass along that Air tran coupon to my DSis for her F&W trip this October.

Bobbi:goodvibes

PS. Having a great week in Cape May, great weather, great food and most importantly have been seeing friends that I hadn't in years!

Cape May sounds AWESOME Bobbi! I had all mine planned also but could not resist! I was surprised to find 4 month availability at AKV and SSR over Thanksgiving weekend!:wizard:

I had leftover SW credits, couldn't pass up $58 one way fares to orlando end of month:banana:

just a quickie, 4 days (no room @ the DVC inn;), going to grab one of the values - pains me to pay $116 a night:eek:AAA...then off to Royal Pacific & Universal for a few nights)

:dance3:

Yep $189.00 per person, round trip from Southern California to Orlando! Can't beat that!

We are seeing some great deals out of DFW to Orlando this week. Unprecedented really. I know the economy is bad, but with an AP and DVC and ME costwise extra trips are really affordable when the airfare is soooo cheap!

Just wondering if other DVCers are adding fall trips. So far I have added a few days for my birthday in November, and kicking around going for the Boyz II Men concert in Epcot for FWF. May just go for 2 days and come back. My air is $89 RT!! I've been dying to see them ever since they were on Dont Forget The Lyrics last fall!:goodvibes

Airtran has a $25 coupon at www.airtran.com/sunshine and Southwest is offering some great deals too!

Ok, I am going to bite..........is there a link to the days offered? If we fly we fly out of DFW.

We can fly out of DFW or AUS - what airline is giving you these 89 RT fares? I may need to book something!

Airtran is coming up late October $59 each way on TU/W/Th/Sa. Use the coupon for $25 off each way and that's $89 including all taxes and fees! The other days are not much more but $59 is the cheapest. I even got that price on the Nonstop flight. I hate going to Atlanta so I always book the nonstop.

Coupon is good til Oct 31, but not sure when the fares will increase.

1 coupon per email addy and there are huge threads on the Budget and Transportation boards about the coupon.

Bestfares.com says many airlines are competing so you may want to search Kayak for all the deals. I just search Airtran because I am a frequent flier.

:thumbsup2 We added our May trip sorta last minute when I found a good deal on Air Tran thru a kayak.com fare alert... LOVE fare watching!!! :thumbsup2

Now our August trip coming up is a DREAM come true deal on Air Tran!! We had a $112 credit from last summer (from a price drop) which was expiring in Jan. but their sched. for Aug. wasn't out yet. So I called & got a 90 day extension on it. Then when they loaded their Aug. fares I booked 1 way...got our flights down for $99 (total for the 3 of us) after the credit was applied!!!! Then I snagged our return flights for $64 pp with all the fees. THEN I just found out recently that our add'l trip in May gave us 4 flights within a year - and 4 reward credits is all it takes with them to upgrade to Business Class!!:woohoo: The rewards from our first 2 flights last summer were about to expire this week so I turned them & redeemed them for an upgrade voucher good for 1 year! So NOW I can call them at midnight the night before our flight down next month and HOPEFULLY get us upgraded to Business Class - all of us for $99!!!!!!!:yay: I am so psyched about this plan!! We NEVER get to fly up front!! :banana:

Everybody should definitely sign up for their A+ Rewards program!! Only 2 round trips for a free upgrade! What a deal!:cheer2:

:thumbsup2 We added our May trip sorta last minute when I found a good deal on Air Tran thru a kayak.com fare alert... LOVE fare watching!!! :thumbsup2

Now our August trip coming up is a DREAM come true deal on Air Tran!! We had a $112 credit from last summer (from a price drop) which was expiring in Jan. but their sched. for Aug. wasn't out yet. So I called & got a 90 day extension on it. Then when they loaded their Aug. fares I booked 1 way...got our flights down for $99 (total for the 3 of us) after the credit was applied!!!! Then I snagged our return flights for $64 pp with all the fees. THEN I just found out recently that our add'l trip in May gave us 4 flights within a year - and 4 reward credits is all it takes with them to upgrade to Business Class!!:woohoo: The rewards from our first 2 flights last summer were about to expire this week so I turned them & redeemed them for an upgrade voucher good for 1 year! So NOW I can call them at midnight the night before our flight down next month and HOPEFULLY get us upgraded to Business Class - all of us for $99!!!!!!!:yay: I am so psyched about this plan!! We NEVER get to fly up front!! :banana:

Everybody should definitely sign up for their A+ Rewards program!! Only 2 round trips for a free upgrade! What a deal!:cheer2:

We fly airtran to get to WDW how did you manage to get the price drop credits? I have not had to worry about because I price hound them if I know I have a trip planned, but didn't know you could get price diff credits if it drops:confused3

We fly airtran to get to WDW how did you manage to get the price drop credits? I have not had to worry about because I price hound them if I know I have a trip planned, but didn't know you could get price diff credits if it drops:confused3

I keep my fare alerts "on" on Kayak.com so I can watch the fares even after I book... But so last summer I saw one of our flights drop in price by like $45 pp after I booked it so I called them. They will not give you a "refund" per say but they WILL give you the difference as a credit on your rewards acct. to use in the future. I lost a few $$ on each tix for calling them (they charge a small fee to handle things over the phone rather than online but that was the only way to get the refund). But so it still left me with a $112.50 credit even after that fee. They put the $$ on my A+ acct. - good for 1 yr. from my orig. booking date!! :thumbsup2 We knew we were going in Aug. & they hadn't released their schedule yet when the credit was about to expire...so I called & told them I was waiting for their August dates so they gave me a 90 day extension on it!! :thumbsup2 I could not use it to book online tho...I had to call again in order to use it once they had extended it...but that's OK...at least I didn't lose the $112!!!! (They did not charge another fee to use it by phone since that was the only way to use it. It was sort of a manual override kind of thing.)

The trip we planned in May was an idea that came up for us in late February...I set an alert to watch for fares over Memorial Day & within a couple of days I found a $129 pp rt price. As soon as I could call MS to check for an opening it was a done deal!!

Airtran is coming up late October $59 each way on TU/W/Th/Sa. Use the coupon for $25 off each way and that's $89 including all taxes and fees! The other days are not much more but $59 is the cheapest. I even got that price on the Nonstop flight. I hate going to Atlanta so I always book the nonstop.

Coupon is good til Oct 31, but not sure when the fares will increase.

1 coupon per email addy and there are huge threads on the Budget and Transportation boards about the coupon.

Bestfares.com says many airlines are competing so you may want to search Kayak for all the deals. I just search Airtran because I am a frequent flier.
Can you post where to get the coupon and can you apply it to existing reservations?

We always upgrade to Business Class on AT. Check in online as soon as the 24hr window opens. We've never not been able to upgrade and I fly them at Thanksgiving/Easter/MLK weekend.

My eldest gets in a snit about having to fly in the "skinny seats", had to listen to it last week on Spirit DTW-Myrtle Beach.

Can you post where to get the coupon and can you apply it to existing reservations?

You get the coupons at http://www.airtran.com/sunshine

They will email you 1 code per email addy. Some have posted on the Budg and Transpo boards that they used it to select seats if they had already purchased their tix. Also for baggage online.

Thanks Annie for the tip on getting a credit. AT is my airline of choice from DFW and I am a aplus member but I did not know you could get a credit!:thumbsup2 I am hoping for a biz class upgrade on all future flights! It was soooo Awesome in June!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter