• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Air Transat

Boardwalk_bride

Married in WDW :)
Has anyone taken Air Transat from Pearson to MCO? Online is says it is "imperative to be at least 3 hours early". I don't think I've ever shown up that early. The last time I took AT was Pearson to Dublin and I'm pretty sure I was only 2 hours early - so not sure if it changed. Any thoughts?

The difference is US Customs and Immigration clearance at Pearson. It’s not an AT issue and not related to your flight to Dublin. All airlines are suggesting 3 hrs for clearance on trans border flights if your flight is early in the day. It’s a busy time of day for US flights and the lines can be long. My understanding is that this due to how the US is now providing staffing.

I guess that must be it. A few months ago I went to Chicago and went through US Customs, but maybe my timing was lucky (plus I was alone, without a toddler). I guess it is best to be there when they say to be there! Apparently there is no playground/kids area in Terminal 3 (this is the first time I'm bringing my toddler on a flight) so I'm just trying to minimize the wait! I'm sure she'll be occupied watching the planes, though!

Thanks!

Yeah I don't remember there being a kids area in T3. Not much of anything, really, but this has seemingly been the case since T3 opened. Better food selection than before, sure, and it looks great, but really nothing much to it besides sitting around and waiting.

Has anyone taken Air Transat from Pearson to MCO? Online is says it is "imperative to be at least 3 hours early". I don't think I've ever shown up that early. The last time I took AT was Pearson to Dublin and I'm pretty sure I was only 2 hours early - so not sure if it changed. Any thoughts?
Many times, and recently. We always go at least 3 hours early then can relax once through. Any delay with security or customs if coming to the US they really don't care when your flight is. It's better to be early. We also try to get the first flight of there. I really don't like Pearson at all and especially can't stand terminal 1.

Many times, and recently. We always go at least 3 hours early then can relax once through. Any delay with security or customs if coming to the US they really don't care when your flight is. It's better to be early. We also try to get the first flight of there. I really don't like Pearson at all and especially can't stand terminal 1.

I feel you - I don't like Pearson either, it is super boring! I'm even more worried about it with a toddler! You are totally right about time for security - I need to keep reminding myself that it will likely take even longer on a Saturday with a toddler!

This is interesting, because T1 is honestly the nicer terminal to fly out of. Mind you, I've flown primarily out of T3 for 20 years so I might just be sick of the terminal, and especially the US post-customs area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter