Air Tran's Seating Policy

katallo

DIS Veteran
For two passengers, is it necessary to pre-purchase seats? I wasn't sure if this is neceesary for just two of us. I would love to hear about other traveler's experiences. We are leaving on a very early flight on a Saturday in March. Thanks!

If your flight is changed and you have paid for seats, are you assigned similar seats on the new flight?

It depends. If you want to make sure (or as sure as you can) that the two of you sit together than, yes, you do need to pre-book your seats. If you are okay with taking the chance of sitting separately, then you don't need to pre-book. If the flight isn't too full and you can check in right at 24 hours, you likely will be able to find two seats together. If the flight is full, however, you may not be able to do so.

If I was flying with another adult, I'd likely chance it (knowing that I may be sitting in a middle seat and may be sitting far away from my travel partner).

As to what happens if you pay for seats together and they change your flight, I was told that they may not be able to get you together on the new flight in which case they'll give you a credit, not a refund.

Bill From PA

Thanks, Bill. I think I'll continue to check the flights to see how quickly seats are filling up. Happy New Year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter