Air Tran

4 DZNY NUTZ

DIS Veteran
Hello fellow DIS'rs

We are flying into MCO for our December trip and are thinking of using Air Tran......please give me your experiences.

We will be flying out of Philadelphia.

Thanks in advance.

Our experience with them has been fine. We fly with them out of Atlanta and have gone to several destinations with them. Recently, they cahnged our flight times on a flight that we are due to take in July but it was only a change of about one hour. Otherwise we have no complaints.

I fly out of Phila as well and will only go AirTran. I know people have had problems with them but I love them. I've never had anything but good experiences with them and we fly to Orlando a lot.

I fly out of BWI and Airtran is one of my first choices when I fly into Florida. One thing I don't like is you have to pay extra per leg to reserve a seat, or you can just wait until the day of the flight and hope for a good seat.

AirTran is our only choice for a non-stop flight. We have used them many times and although we have had some flight time changes they have been no more than an hour either way. No different than other airlines at all.

we just used them for the first time a few weeks ago.......smooth is the only way to say it.......the boarding was easy and the seats were comfortable and the flying was fantastic.......we had to do a layover .....one hour on the way down but it was a direct flight back to Maine........we would definitely try them again.......usually we are us air or delta.....but this airline is giving them all a run for their money

We have been flying Air Tran for several years. We enjoy flying out of a smaller airport here in VA. We have had wonderful experiences, even when our flight was several hours delayed. We had a non stop flight from Newport News to Orlando. There was a problem with the plane. we sat at the gate for a couple of hours, and then we had to fly to Atlanta and change planes. the hitch was we were cruising at 5:00 PM. We arrived in Orlando at 4:55. Yes we did miss the boat, but Air Tran was fantastic trying to accomodate us. They upgraded our seats for quick boarding, the gate attanedants tried everything they knew, were in contact with the cruise line, tried to find another flight, etc. All in all, things happen, but air Tran was right on with their customer service. We have flown several times with them since with no problem.

OP- you may want to try over on the transportation board, too. There's many posts over there about Air Tran.

We stopped flying Air Tran the time they told us that our flight was canceled but they could get us as far as Atlanta that night and on the 6AM flight to Orlando the next morning. All we had to do was tell the greeter in Atlanta. Yeah right! When we got to Atlanta we were told the flight was sold out and the earliest flight was not until 3PM. :scared1:

We could have gone home and flew out of Philly on an 8:30 AM flight that would have had us in Orlando by 11AM. We wrote them a letter, but never heard a peep from them. :mad:

Your close enough to fly Spirit out of Atlantic City. It is easy to get to and parking is cheap. If you sign up for the email specials it is about as cheap as Southwest with a ding.

We booked Air Tran for our June trip. It seems they changed their flight schedule for the entire midwest for our travel dates. My parents and I both got e-mails that our flight schedules had changed and we're flying out of different cities. For myself, they gave us terrible flight times with layovers, ect. but I called and told this this was unacceptable and was able to have it changed to flight times that were better than what we had originally booked (basically got an extra day at Disney because of it). My mom was not so lucky. They booked her on a much later flight and they could not accomodate her with anything better. Just hoping they don't make any more changes in the next couple of weeks.

WE are flying AirTran out of Philly in August. This will be third time we are using them. The 1st time there was a problem with the plane so we were delayed about 3 hours (no kids then so it didn't really bother us) and they gave us free RT air vouchers for our trouble.

LAst year we flew with DS for the first time using AirtTran and they were great. We left on time both leaving and returning. And Teminal D where they leave out of is great becauce they a little playground for the kids. THis teminal is used for AirTran and Southwest.

FOr the price I don't think you can beat AirtTran:thumbsup2

WE are flying AirTran out of Philly in August. This will be third time we are using them. The 1st time there was a problem with the plane so we were delayed about 3 hours (no kids then so it didn't really bother us) and they gave us free RT air vouchers for our trouble.

LAst year we flew with DS for the first time using AirtTran and they were great. We left on time both leaving and returning. And Teminal D where they leave out of is great becauce they a little playground for the kids. THis teminal is used for AirTran and Southwest.

FOr the price I don't think you can beat AirtTran:thumbsup2

thanks, its always better to get feedback from someone who has flown out of the same airport you are....thanks again.

Your close enough to fly Spirit out of Atlantic City. It is easy to get to and parking is cheap. If you sign up for the email specials it is about as cheap as Southwest with a ding.

Spirit is very expensive to fly right now & we are members of the $9 fare club. We have flow spirit before without any problems & AC airport is great, but it is much cheaper to fly Air Tran and Philly is much closer than AC airport.

We have flown with AirTran many times from BWI (Baltimore) to Orlando. Never had a problem. Very friendly and helpful staff, both on the ground and onboard.

I just booked last night for our September trip $54 each way! :cool1:
The first bag is no charge.
They charge $6 if you want to reserve your seats in advance. Since the price was so cheap, I went ahead and did this for both outbound and incoming flights.

For comparison, same days and times:
SWA -- $95 each way
USAir -- $112

Spirit doesn't fly from here to Orlando.

Awesome, they live about 6 blocks from us, we are on Harvard.:cool1:

I hope they love Stratford as much as we do....I love this town.

Go Phillies!!!

We booked our flight for our Aug trip out of Phila. The price was the best available. After reading another post reporting fligth schedule changes, I checked my schedule, and low and behold they were both changed. The new times were better and gave me more time in Disney. I did contact them since I was not informed and I received what seemed like a generic e-mail informing me of the changes and asking me to confirm. It stated that I could make a change by 1 day either way without a fee or cancel without penalty. We decided to change our outgoing flight to the day before so that we can gain a Disney day. It was cheaper to fly Tues to Tues and we wanted the extra day but went for the better price...a blessing in disguise? Good luck!

Air Tran is fine as long as there are no unforeseen problems.

A few years ago we flew them to Tampa. The flight down was fine, the flight home was a horror.

We were late leaving because of storms in the Atlanta area. We were told we would not have a problem with our connection. When we arrived the connection was gone. This was Saturday evening around 8 pm. We were told they couldn't get us on another flight until Tuesday evening!!!! We were flying to Newark - we asked about JFK, LGA, Philly. The closest we could get was a flight the next morning to Baltimore. We then had to rent a car and drive home. It was another $200 in expenses with car rental, tolls, gas and food which Air Tran refused to reimburse saying it was weather related.

I can see not being able to get us on a flight until the next day BUT 3 days is ridiculous.

Beware of Air Tran.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter