Air Tran experts?? Questions

andrews_dad

DIS Veteran
Any clue when we will be able to use SW Rapid Rewards points to pay for Air Tran flights?? When they merged it read in the FAQ "early 2012," but here it is middle of March 2012 and no word at all? I have 75,000 rapid reward points in my account and see lots of nice international (Carribbean) flights that SW does not offer. When is this going to finally happen? :confused3

Also, I have an Air Tran flight to Bahamas booked. I've not been watching the fares after booking because I assumed no price adjustments (they list a heafty change fee). But on the budget board, someone said they thought you could get credit from Air Tran if your booked fare drops (same sort of system as SW air)... is this correct? If so, I need to start eyeing my booking...

Any clue when we will be able to use SW Rapid Rewards points to pay for Air Tran flights?? When they merged it read in the FAQ "early 2012," but here it is middle of March 2012 and no word at all? I have 75,000 rapid reward points in my account and see lots of nice international (Carribbean) flights that SW does not offer. When is this going to finally happen? :confused3

Also, I have an Air Tran flight to Bahamas booked. I've not been watching the fares after booking because I assumed no price adjustments (they list a heafty change fee). But on the budget board, someone said they thought you could get credit from Air Tran if your booked fare drops (same sort of system as SW air)... is this correct? If so, I need to start eyeing my booking...

Bolding mine. Yes, this is true. You just have to call them. I used my credit for my baggage fees. They were quite nice. The only issue I have ever had is the plane seems so crowded.

This was sent to me on March 9 from AirTran.

We have some exciting updates to share with you this month regarding our work to integrate Southwest Airlines® and AirTran Airways®, our wholly-owned subsidiary.

As we continue the journey of integrating the AirTran business into Southwest, one of the most frequently asked questions that we receive is whether or not we will be merging the loyalty programs of both airlines. The answer is “Yes,” but it will take time. Although timing has not been established for the full program integration, the A+ Rewards® Program will eventually transition into the Rapid Rewards® Program. This is good news for Members that have been earning credits through AirTran’s A+ Rewards Program. All of the active credits that you have earned, and continue to earn, will be safe and will be available for redemption through the A+ Rewards Program or the Rapid Rewards Program at a later point in time

We have some exciting updates to share with you this month regarding our work to integrate Southwest Airlines® and AirTran Airways®, our wholly-owned subsidiary.

As we continue the journey of integrating the AirTran business into Southwest, one of the most frequently asked questions that we receive is whether or not we will be merging the loyalty programs of both airlines. The answer is “Yes,” but it will take time. Although timing has not been established for the full program integration, the A+ Rewards® Program will eventually transition into the Rapid Rewards® Program. This is good news for Members that have been earning credits through AirTran’s A+ Rewards Program. All of the active credits that you have earned, and continue to earn, will be safe and will be available for redemption through the A+ Rewards Program or the Rapid Rewards Program at a later point in time

Thanks for sharing that. I have rewards in each program that, together, would equal a free flight but not separately. I hope they integrate before they expire!

As we continue the journey of integrating the AirTran business into Southwest, one of the most frequently asked questions that we receive is whether or not we will be merging the loyalty programs of both airlines. The answer is “Yes,” but it will take time. Although timing has not been established for the full program integration, the A+ Rewards® Program will eventually transition into the Rapid Rewards® Program. This is good news for Members that have been earning credits through AirTran’s A+ Rewards Program. All of the active credits that you have earned, and continue to earn, will be safe and will be available for redemption through the A+ Rewards Program or the Rapid Rewards Program at a later point in time.

when i received this i marveled at how they managed to spin it...still not stating when:rolleyes1. Most of my points (those earned via Airtran branded cc thru barclays bank) don't expire until next summer, I hope the current point system is converted equitably into southwests')

OP it's my understanding that, once they merge the computer systems, specific details will be released. from the AT site:

A+ Rewards Travel

Q: Can I transfer my A+ Rewards credits into Rapid Rewards Points? Can I redeem A+ Rewards credits for Southwest flights?

A: At this time, A+ Rewards and Rapid Rewards will continue to operate independently until our systems are integrated. For now, A+ Rewards credits cannot be transferred into Rapid Rewards points or redeemed for Southwest flights. In time, we plan to provide options for Members to earn and/or redeem in both programs. Rest assured that additional details will be announced as they become available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter