Air Miles and Universal Studios

a*lil*bit*goofy

I miss the tag fairy
HEllo!

I seem to recall someone used the airmiles Universal pass (2 day) for 1day.

Has anyone else done this?
Last visit I was able to redeem for 3 U.s entrance tickets, 1 day. I was 50 miles short for the 4th. It was a short time later before I had miles show up on the account (Could even have been a week) and suddenly the 1 day was not available. sigh. we paid out of pocket for 1

Fast forward, present day, only 2 day pass is available.

As mentioned I seem to recall someone posting that they had the 2 day but was able to use it as 1, and received a credit for the difference. wow. If anyone has experience with this, I would appreciate the info. Thank you

That would be me :D

We went to guest services outside of the gate and "downgraded" to 1 day park-to-park tickets and they gave us the difference on a gift card .. was just over $200.00 for 2 adults. Later we downgraded 2 more adult passes (met up with our kids inside the park) and it was just as smooth and quick -- netting us about $450.00 in gift cards --- ate lots of good food, drank plenty of butterbeer and brought home a bunch of souvenirs.

I first sent an email using the contact us link on their site and they called me back to confirm that i would be able to do this -- the woman i spoke to suggested doing it after we entered the park since the lines inside would be shorter (she was right BTW) but we just wanted to get it done.

there will be 4 of us, and i want to get 1 pass and downgrade it so that we can pay for another entrance fee. Is that doable in your opinion?

there will be 4 of us, and i want to get 1 pass and downgrade it so that we can pay for another entrance fee. Is that doable in your opinion?
What would i do personally? No, I would redeem for as many passes as I needed, but then i don't like to gamble!! Even though i had talked to someone on the phone and received an email saying I should be able to downgrade (And now have the actual in person experience of doing it) i wouldn't want to risk needing to spend more at the gate. If we go again, I think we will still redeem enough points for both of us to have our own pass and use the gift card for meals & souvenirs.

Again, that's just what I would do, since we rarely buy things strictly for the Airmiles we will earn (other than the cheesecake creams we're buying at Metro tomorrow :P ) we always treat anything we get as "Free". We go by the 1:1 rule when deciding if a product purchase is worth it --- and even then ONLY if we need it or have room to store it until we will use it.

I have enough for 2 two day two park passes. we only need 1 day, but 4 people. so we were going to down grade and use the $ to pay for the others to get in. the g/c is way more than what we would spend inside universal studios.

I have enough for 2 two day two park passes. we only need 1 day, but 4 people. so we were going to down grade and use the $ to pay for the others to get in. the g/c is way more than what we would spend inside universal studios.
I would go for it but just call and ask first in case that is no longer an option. Also, be prepared to have to pay OOP for those other 2 tickets in case the person you deal with at the gate can't/won't do it for you. With that in mind I would take the chance.

@a*lil*bit*goofy would you mind posting back here if it works for you? I am kind of in the same boat in that we really dont like the Universal Parks except for the Harry Potter parts and have would like to just go to the new one only. It seems like a waste to have the two days if we are really only going to maybe spend one full day (if that) and the downgrading seemed like a great option for our situation. I think what DancingDisneyStyle said about being prepared to pay OOP if it ends up being a hassle is the mind set I would take as well.

We are thinking we may try it....use it for two of us

Hopefully in and out privledges.
Then go out and give gift card to the other two to use towards admission. Worst case we pay for 2 admissions and spend a ton in the parks on fun atuff

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter