Air India...

I stayed at the Hotel Penn a couple of years ago - it's fine!

A little odd in that the reception area is very grand and full of mirrors and marble - typical NY, then you go upstairs to the rooms and they are pretty much typical of any old NY hotel too - just about big enough to swing a cat in, hehehe.

As I recall, the room was all pretty basic, and odd as this may sound to mention it, the windows were filthy! But it did it's job which was give me somewhere decent to sleep and it's location is fantastic. A few minutes walk to Times Square, 5th Avenue, Empire State, Macy's is next door, the Subway is underneath, Central Park, Grand Central Station and the original FAO Swartz is a bit further, but still in walking distance. Really we did most everything on foot from there, only doing Downtown and Statton Island Ferry on the Subway.

After wiping the tears of laughter away from my face I have been able to reply to this thread, this has to be the best thread ever posted, I even got people in the office to read it I was laughing out loud so much.

Anyway, I stayed at the Hotel Penn last year, and as others have said it is not the grandest of hotels but I did find it ok, the rooms were clean and basic, and the bathroom had a shower, and that's all you need on a weekend break. The yellow pages did come in handy as the window blind would not stay down so we weighed it down with the phone book, and it was fine.

Have a good trip, can't wait for the trip report.

Helen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter