Air-conditioned lunch options at parks

mom_to_2

Mouseketeer
Hi, everyone. I did not see a thread on this, but my apologies if I've missed it. My kids, 19(!!!) and 16, and I are going to WDW in July and I'd like to make ADRs at each park for lunches with A/C. I think we are going to need that break from the heat. It has been over a decade since I've been to Disney so I am wondering what the best lunch options are. I'm hoping for suggestions along two lines for each park (1) best for the budget and then (2) best for the "Disney" experience. Any and all help is very much appreciated!!!!

Easiest park first: EPCOT - so many choices and it really depends on what you favorite food/cuisine(s) are. Chefs de France is pretty popular and reasonably priced. Also popular is La Crêperie de Paris at a lower price point. Pretty sure both are a/c d.

HS: ABC Commissary is definitely a/c and the roast chicken is nice. It’s a QS so the price is right.

Can’t speak about the other parks as I don’t recall if a/c or not among other reasons. Anyway we often eat at Sanaa when we leave AK and it’s quite cool inside.
Enjoy your visit.

Last edited:
HS: Sci Fi is air conditioned and dark, and it's a unique experience.

EP: Space 220 is a unique Disney experience and air conditioned, but it's not a budget option. There are so many options at this park though. Most restaurants are inside; Spice Road Table and the Mexico QS are two that are not, although there are likely others that I'm forgetting.

MK: Liberty Tree is air conditioned and I thought the price was quite reasonable for the amount of food (last year).

AK: Yak & Yeti is air conditioned and the menu has a wide range of options.

MK: Not budget friendly but we always enjoy Crystal Palace on Main St for TS dining. Character lunch with Pooh and friends so $$. We always eat dinner here but lunch would be the same. Definitely AC.

For budget friendly at MK, Columbia House gets good reviews. It’s QS so no ADR needed. The second floor can’t be beat for AC and quiet. It’s right across from Haunted Mansion so for us about half way through the park. It makes a perfect spot to stop for lunch or at least a snack to get out of the heat. Plus second floor is usually not too crowded and has bathrooms!

MK - for price, probably Plaza. For atmosphere, would probably opt for Skipper Canteen instead
EP - For atmosphere, San Angel inside the Mexico pavilion. More budget friendly would by Via Napoli, IMHO. La Creperie is also great as is Regal Eagle (QS) with indoor seating.
DHS - Sci-Fi!
AK - Yak and Yeti

MK - Jungle Skipper Canteen or Columbia Harbor House
Epcot - So many options, but my favorites are Shiki Sai or Garden Grill. Katsura Grill is also great, but a lot of the seating is outside
Studios - Hollywood Brown Derby, my favorite in-park restaurant anywhere. Docking Bay 7 is also a nice place to sit down for a while, and Sci Fi Dine In Theater is cool and in the dark, but the food is pretty basic
Animal Kingdom - Tusker House for buffet, Satuli Canteen for quick service with a very nice air conditioned dining room

The MK - Columbia Harbour House is very good. Pecos Bill and Casey’s as well.

Epcot - We love France because there are a lot of options there. La Crêperie, L’Artisan de Glaces for yummy ice cream treats (and adult ice cream martinis :goodvibes , but limited seating), Boulangerie Pâtissière (kind of “hidden” in the store at the end of the street) for quiche, croissants, sandwiches, tarts, and eclairs as well as the two TS (pricey but good) restaurants. Also in Epcot Connections Cafe and Sunshine Seasons.

Studios - the Comissary

I'm going to throw out some quick service options - we visited twice last summer and made many dining reservations, but found we just weren't as hungry with the insane heat. QS can be in AC as well and definitely budget friendly!

MK - Columbia Harbour House (upstairs has a nice view and not as crowded as places like Cosmic Ray's/Pinocchio's)

Epcot - Regal Eagle in the America pavilion and Sunshine Seasons would both be good options for seats in AC, though we often prefer to snack in Epcot

HS - Definitely unpopular opinions here, but we enjoy Backlot Express and Pizzerizzo for a not as crowded spot in the AC. Don't expect to be blown away by the food, but it's decent food and can be quiet!

DAK - Satuli Canteen

My favorite A/C TS and QS restaurants for each park:

Epcot:
TS would be any of the WS restaurants that look interesting to you. They are all pretty good, but for us, France and China are the favorites
QS would be either Connections Cafe at the front of the park or Regal Eagle at the back of the park.

DHS:
TS for us is 50’s Prime Time Cafe
QS we don’t usually dine in DHS. We do TS for a late lunch or early dinner and just snack.

MK:
TS is difficult. Our favorite used to be the Plaza but they changed the menu and there aren’t as many things we like to eat there anymore. Skipper Canteen is okay, as is Liberty Tree.
QS at MK is more about convenience for us. We go to Pinocchio’s sometimes, or Cosmic Ray’s sometimes. We don’t really like seafood, so we don’t generally go to Columbia Harbor House.

AK:
TS is always Yak &Yeti.
For a lighter bite, we usually stop in the Nomad Lounge as opposed to QS. We do not like Satuli.

No matter what we do or reservations we make, we always end up at Cosmic Ray's while at MK. It just seems to have a draw to it.

I'm going to throw out some quick service options - we visited twice last summer and made many dining reservations, but found we just weren't as hungry with the insane heat. QS can be in AC as well and definitely budget friendly!

MK - Columbia Harbour House (upstairs has a nice view and not as crowded as places like Cosmic Ray's/Pinocchio's)

Epcot - Regal Eagle in the America pavilion and Sunshine Seasons would both be good options for seats in AC, though we often prefer to snack in Epcot

HS - Definitely unpopular opinions here, but we enjoy Backlot Express and Pizzerizzo for a not as crowded spot in the AC. Don't expect to be blown away by the food, but it's decent food and can be quiet!

DAK - Satuli Canteen
I agree with all of these! As far as I can remember, all of the table service restaurants have AC. Quick service is where it will be more difficult

MK Tony's or Skipper

AK Yak and Yeti

DS Mama's, SciFi or 50s Prime Time
EPCOT Pretty much anything, Coral Reef is arguably the coolest.
For the budget side, consider two apps each vs a main. Might get by with just one of salad and app.
Don't want to eat a heavy meal and hit the peak sun, it's miserable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter