Agrabah Cafe - reviews

I suppose it depends on when you are going and how keen you are to eat here.
We usually book when we get to DLP (in City Hall) but have booked for our next trip before we go.
You dont pay before you go though so you always book and then cancel if needed when you arrive or you could risk being able to get in on the spur of the moment

Excellent - glad to hear its back up and running. I must have missed it last Nov (and again in Feb - oops). We ate there once some years ago, it wasn't buffet style then, but loved the themeing and suchlike so keen to have another look. menu sounds good too!

We'll be there towards the end of Aug. (22-27), which I guess could still be pretty busy? I have booked all of my dinner places already and even the brunch at the Steakhouse. As we have 5 days there, if we don't make the Cafe we will still get the great dinners!

Sherette, I am hoping to pop over from work for a few days just before you, and I if I do manage to go, I will be calling a few days before to book a table. That would be my first time doing so, but as August is peak season and this place is a must for me, I will do so. Normally I would just wait until I arrived.

A Small World, can you let me know how the food (for kids) is after your trip pls? We're going to DLP in Feb and myself and kids are veggie. The food here sounds great for me, but not sure if the kids will like it.
Thanks.

A Small World, can you let me know how the food (for kids) is after your trip pls? We're going to DLP in Feb and myself and kids are veggie. The food here sounds great for me, but not sure if the kids will like it.
Thanks.

Will do although we are not veggie. I'll try to remember everything on offer and will get some photos

Li-sa, just a note that I have noticed the veggie items do change from day to day, so just be prepared. What one person saw may not be there next time. That is just one more reason why I like this place!

Thanks both.
The last time we went to DLP I came back craving fresh fruit and veg, as the veggie selection was so poor everywhere!

Small World, I would be very grateful, if you can tell me if there is any sort of plainish veggie carbs (potato, pasta, rice, bread, pizza or even chips!) then at least I know the kids will be able to eat something filling. Mind you I'm sure they will be able to eat extra puddings if they are hungry!

We're going in Feb and I know from previous experience that it's likely to be very cold and my kids will be hungry!

There is roast potatoes, veggie lasagne with bechamel sauce, flat bread, rye bread, whitish bread, I think Americanized pizza (I don't eat it), rice salads, pasta salad, and perhaps even a hot rice dish. Those are pretty standard every time I have eaten there.

Definitely a lot of carbs there for anyone seeking them.

At least 6 choices of cake, pudding, and crepes as well - one could really just fill up entirely on dessert.

Thanks Bavaria, that sounds great...can we use half board vouchers there (I know there is mention of them earlier in the thread, but still not quite sure where we can and can't eat!)

Originally there was a rumour that this location ONLY accepted the vouchers, which was not the case (I was there opening week)

I suspect that they do accept the vouchers, but someone else will need to confirm.

for those with an AP, don't forget to show it for the discount. Also includes your aperatif as well as a hot beverage and cold beverage for a very reasonable price

We are eating there with half board plus vouchers. Assume you can use half board and pay difference

My pics from Agrabah Café (March 2008)

Vibe and decoration: 9/10 I love Arabian Nights! And also Jasmine so...you're really in a totaly different world, you can dream to have a flight over Agrabah there!
Food: 8/10 Very special with a lots of things that you won't find in another restaurant in the French Resort! The starters are great with lots of spicies and special things like couscous... Entrees: very varied and for all the tastes ( potatoes, meat balls, salsa and meat for couscous, vegetables lasagne...), you must try the kebab: so good! Desserts: very special and tasty: lots of pastries withcinnamon, mint...but there are also crepes and things with honey...sweet!
Drink: 8/10 Special like the other things: you can have a fresh drink (sodas, fruit juices) plus a hot drink: coffee, cappuccino, hot chocolate or mint tea! If you have a Pass Annual Dream, you can have another drink like an apple juice.
General appreciation : 8/10 Great buffet, very special and with beautiful decoration which takes you in the Aladdin cartoon!

Decoration & vibe
p1030553gm4.jpg

p1030556xh4.jpg

p1030591kx5.jpg

Starters
My plate
p1030570zk3.jpg

Buffet
p1030576wd9.jpg

p1030577ee5.jpg

p1030582dg9.jpg

Main course
Buffet
p1030575zw2.jpg

p1030574ot2.jpg

p1030585hi6.jpg

Kebab
p1030573yd3.jpg

Desserts
Buffet
p1030572eb6.jpg

p1030586hh4.jpg

My plate
p1030598fk7.jpg

ok this is now a MUST for us when we go!!! I showed my mam the pics and she agree's too. It sounds gorgeous and im SO (sadly) excited about the salads there!!! I really missed salad last time lol.
I've heard it only opens during certain seasons though? I hope its open when i go in early September.

I know its a buffett but i'm a bit confused with the mention of starters, mains, desert. Is it just in sections like a normal buffett, so you can mix and match and not have a desert if you dont want to? Wow it really doesnt take much to confuse me LOL.

Ashleigh x

You can have what you want when you want so if you want salads with a kebab and a mint pastries, you can! It's a "self-service" and "all-you-can-eat". You come back to the buffet when you want and where you want: at the starters, entrees or desserts or the three ! You simply choose what you want to eat!

Thank you again for posting all these photos on the different threads but especially the Agrabah ones. We are eating there in just over a week and were looking forward to it anyhow but are now looking forward to it even more.

I cant wait to try loads of different things and will post a review when I get back (hopefully with some photos but I dont think they'll be as good as yours)

You can have what you want when you want so if you want salads with a kebab and a mint pastries, you can! It's a "self-service" and "all-you-can-eat". You come back to the buffet when you want and where you want: at the starters, entrees or desserts or the three ! You simply choose what you want to eat!

ooh thanks, that sounds great! I'm sure we'll like it there then. Im in awe over the salads :laughing: The interior looks lovely too. Thanks so much for posting those photos.

Ashleigh x

Thanks for the review and pics- it looks like a must for our trip!!!

Great to see some photos on this particular thread at last, they certainly look very appetising. :thumbsup2
Thanks for posting them again. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!