• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ages to wear princess dress at cindy's?

LisaMaz

Mouseketeer
Can anyone tell me if there are alot of older girls wearing princess dresses at Cinderella's character breakfast. I don't want my 8 year old to feel funny if only 3 and 4 year olds are dressed up. Thank you!

My DD was 6 when we went and she dressed up. If I remember right there were alot of "princesses" her age and older. She wants to dress up this year for PSB and she just turned 8.

I say that if she feels okay it the dress then she is not to old to wear it. I'm sure she will look just like a real princess:)

Soon she won't to dress up!

She can always wear it and bring a change of clothes to change into if she feels uncomfortable. We usually see the girls in the 6 and under crowd wearing the princess dresses, but there are also a few older girls.

Jill

I agree, if she feels like she wants to wear it, let her wear it!

But, I must say when we were there mostly the 3, 4, 5 year olds were dressed up. I didn't see one older girl dressed up. But really there weren't many older ones around.

Maggie

to maggiew:

Are you saying there aren't many older girls at the character breakfast? oh no I don't want her to feel out of place! I didn't know it mainly little ones.:(

When we ate breakfast there last October, we did notice a few older girls (say, 7 and older) wearing princess outfits. But most I would say were in the 6 and under age group. Our daugher, wore shorts and a Cinderella t-shirt, which is what she felt most comfotable in and that seemed to be the more common attire. Now having said that, if she feels comfortable wearing the costume, then by all means go right ahead. She certainly won't look out of place. You're only young once, and after all you're in Disney World of all places eating in Cinderella's Castle !!!

When we ate breakfast there last October, we did notice a few older girls (say, 7 and older) wearing princess outfits. But most I would say were in the 6 and under age group. Our daugher, wore shorts and a Cinderella t-shirt, which is what she felt most comfotable in and that seemed to be the more common attire. Now having said that, if she feels comfortable wearing the costume, then by all means go right ahead. She certainly won't look out of place. You're only young once, and after all you're in Disney World of all places eating in Cinderella's Castle !!!

My daughter is 9 and plans to wear here Cinderella dress in June to the Princess STorybook Breakfast. I figure since it was her Halloween costume and it is still her size why not let her wear it and I can feel that I got my moneys worth out of it. The only problem I will have is getting her to take it off to do the rides. (She wears it at home and out to the store all the time).princess:

There were several "older" girls there. IT's just that mostly they were 5 and under or so. My DDs were 11 and 8 adn didn't feel out of place. I had brought my DD8's Cinderella costume from Halloween the previous year, but she decided that morning that she didn't want to wear it. I said OK. But she did wear a Cinderella T shirt and brought her Cinderella barbie. Snow White made a big deal about my DDs barbie. She said, "Oh, look, you have a doll of my friend Cinderella." etc.

Your DD will not be uncomfortable. There were even older people there without kids. So don't worry. I was just making an observation that I personally only saw the very young girls wearing costumes. And they looked like they were having lots of fun. You really do get more attention when you dress up. Plus they make nice pictures!

Maggie

We were there in early April. My DD also age 8 had planned on wearing her costume since we bought it in the first week in Nov. While she was one of the oldest in costume (she is very tall and often mistaken for 10) she had a absolute blast. It is the source of many great memories and some wonderful pictures.

She wore the Cinderella dress to both CRT and the dinner at 1900 PF.

One big difference between my 8 yo and most if the younger girls was that she did not want to wear it in the park - after CRT we switched into shorts and tee-shirt. She wanted to wear it to PSB but I vetoed that (we were doing rides all day and then an illuminations cruise).

Let her do what she wants - wear the dress or park clothes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter