• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Age requirement

GoofyDad_4427

Mouseketeer
My boys are 15 and almost 12. Are we permitted to let them go to the parks by themselves while my wife and I go to the pool (Portofino Bay)? For what its worth, my 15 year old is very responsible, and I have no fear of physical safety as he is bigger and stronger than 98% of adults. Thanks!

I think I saw on some rides, must have a person 14 years or older, to ride with a younger person. So I think as long as you trust your kids to go by themselves, I think they will have no issues entering and riding.

I used to let my young teens meet up with me, as they are now in their 20’s, still are not early risers, and I am still. They never had issues, entering parks and meeting up with me later in the day, or leaving me in the parks and going back to enjoy pool time before I did.

At 16 my daughter had no problem going to the parks alone. She is barely 5’ tall with shoes on and never has been asked for an id entering the parks or had any problems using her pass.

At 16 my daughter had no problem going to the parks alone. She is barely 5’ tall with shoes on and never has been asked for an id entering the parks or had any problems using her pass.

I'm not worried at all about the 15 year old. I worried about the 11 year old being allowed in with just his brother, no adult.

I'm not worried at all about the 15 year old. I worried about the 11 year old being allowed in with just his brother, no adult.

There was a thread here a few months ago where a young teen trying to enter alone was asked for id and i’m not sure if he was allowed to enter or not? But there were replys that others had never had a problem. You might want to search and see if you can find it. Does the 15 yr old have an id if needed?

There was a thread here a few months ago where a young teen trying to enter alone was asked for id and i’m not sure if he was allowed to enter or not? But there were replys that others had never had a problem. You might want to search and see if you can find it. Does the 15 yr old have an id if needed?

He does not have an ID. He looks like he's 18 or 19, so i don't know if he'd get questioned or not. If needed, i can accompany them to the main gate. I just was wondering if there is any kind of official rule on this stuff.

Reactions: AJA
He does not have an ID. He looks like he's 18 or 19, so i don't know if he'd get questioned or not. If needed, i can accompany them to the main gate. I just was wondering if there is any kind of official rule on this stuff.

I think (unless it’s been changed because of Covid) that you can enter at 14 w/o an adult. Under 14 needs to be with someone over 14 to enter. If your older son looks like an adult I don’t think either one will have a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter