Age Limit For Lowe’s Hotel Reservation

have2getaway

DIS Veteran
We will be traveling back to US next year. We may have 6 in our travel party. Our DS, if he comes with us, will have just turned 18. Will we be able to reserve 2 rooms and have him stay in one room? I know some hotels require travelers to be 21, or even 25, but I also no connecting rooms are not guaranteed. Our 10 year olds can’t stay alone, so the most logical option is for him to have one of the rooms, but wasn’t sure if it was an issue for him to stay alone?

Simple solution is to get connecting rooms. Then it won't matter. Often the reservationist will list one adult and one child in each room but it doesn't matter who stays in them. We often let our under 18 kids sleep in the connecting room to us. Universal is excellent with connecting rooms.

According to Universal's website:

upload_2019-2-24_9-38-30.png

So as your son is under 21 he cannot check-in, book or stay inside the second room unless there is a person who is at least 21 who has checked-in, booked and is also staying inside the room with him.

A possible solution is to split up you and your husband. Your husband stay in one room and you stay in another and you split up the family. Connecting rooms is something you could ask about though I don't know if you have to call them in order to request that honestly rather than doing that online.

There are a few options out there for suites though they wouldn't come with Express Pass included.

Have you looked into 2-bedroom suites at Surfside Inn & Suites? That resort opens up July 2019. In May 2020 the sister resort Dockside Inn & Suites is supposed to open up. The 2-bedroom suites do sleep 6. They are considered Value hotels but it still may be worth a shot to have everyone in the same room (take a look at the room layout too to see if it would work).

Cabana Bay, considered a Prime Value, has a Family Suite that sleeps 6 though it's not a 2-bedroom one there is a sliding room partition that can be used to create some privacy with the sleeping areas. Cabana Bay also has a Volcano Bay view 2-bedroom suite that sleeps up to 8 actually.

If the pricepoint was good for you you could add on Express Pass. Now that would be slightly different because when you book the resorts that come with Express you get it for length of stay whereas adding Express Pass when you are not staying at the resorts that come with Express Pass is a day by day process thus cost-wise it may not be as advantageous.

Just for informational purposes consider also looking into if 2-bedroom Hospitality Parlor Suites which sleep up to 10 at Royal Pacific, the 2-bedroom Hospitality Suites which sleep up to 9 at Hard Rock, a 1-bedroom Portofino Parlor Suites, the option with queen beds which sleep up to 7, or the 2-bedroom Portofino Parlor Suites which sleeps up to 10 which would come with Express Pass. These options greatly depend on your overall budget (including the overall cost for 2 rooms at these resorts) and availability for when you are wanting to go.

According to Universal's website:

View attachment 384564

So as your son is under 21 he cannot check-in, book or stay inside the second room unless there is a person who is at least 21 who has checked-in, booked and is also staying inside the room with him.

A possible solution is to split up you and your husband. Your husband stay in one room and you stay in another and you split up the family. Connecting rooms is something you could ask about though I don't know if you have to call them in order to request that honestly rather than doing that online.

There are a few options out there for suites though they wouldn't come with Express Pass included.

Have you looked into 2-bedroom suites at Surfside Inn & Suites? That resort opens up July 2019. In May 2020 the sister resort Dockside Inn & Suites is supposed to open up. The 2-bedroom suites do sleep 6. They are considered Value hotels but it still may be worth a shot to have everyone in the same room (take a look at the room layout too to see if it would work).

Cabana Bay, considered a Prime Value, has a Family Suite that sleeps 6 though it's not a 2-bedroom one there is a sliding room partition that can be used to create some privacy with the sleeping areas. Cabana Bay also has a Volcano Bay view 2-bedroom suite that sleeps up to 8 actually.

If the pricepoint was good for you you could add on Express Pass. Now that would be slightly different because when you book the resorts that come with Express you get it for length of stay whereas adding Express Pass when you are not staying at the resorts that come with Express Pass is a day by day process thus cost-wise it may not be as advantageous.

Just for informational purposes consider also looking into if 2-bedroom Hospitality Parlor Suites which sleep up to 10 at Royal Pacific, the 2-bedroom Hospitality Suites which sleep up to 9 at Hard Rock, a 1-bedroom Portofino Parlor Suites, the option with queen beds which sleep up to 7, or the 2-bedroom Portofino Parlor Suites which sleeps up to 10 which would come with Express Pass. These options greatly depend on your overall budget (including the overall cost for 2 rooms at these resorts) and availability for when you are wanting to go.

Thanks for all this information. We honestly aren’t sure he will end up coming, but I wanted to be prepared if he does. His school may do their Senior trip at Universal and he may decide to go then instead of with us. Our plan is to go over February break next year. He ended up having school practice for a musical every day of this year’s February break, which may pose a problem for next year as well. As a teen, he tends to like his privacy, which is why I inquired if we could let him stay in a room alone, provided it was near us or connecting. His younger brothers are all 10, so there is quite an age difference.

Thanks for all this information. We honestly aren’t sure he will end up coming, but I wanted to be prepared if he does. His school may do their Senior trip at Universal and he may decide to go then instead of with us. Our plan is to go over February break next year. He ended up having school practice for a musical every day of this year’s February break, which may pose a problem for next year as well. As a teen, he tends to like his privacy, which is why I inquired if we could let him stay in a room alone, provided it was near us or connecting. His younger brothers are all 10, so there is quite an age difference.
You're welcome!

I totally understand privacy at that age.

They wouldn't let him make the reservation under his name but you can book 2 rooms in your name. Put his name on one of the reservations. Make the sleeping arrangements however you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter