Afternoon Tea - What should I order?

barbaraann

Chicago Gal
I have been wanting to go to Aternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian, since my last trip to WDW in '04'. I had a PS last year, but I became ill, and did not make it there. My question, however, is what is a good choice for one person, perhaps attending the tea alone? I have printed out the menu from Allearsnet.com and all of the items sound really nice. Has anyone had the Special Garden View Lounge Tea? How is that? I am not a big eater, but I really enjoy a good cup of tea with a special morsel. I love pastries and not too sweet goodies. Can you believe, I have not ever actually had "tea sandwiches'? So give me some good suggestions for what to order. Perhaps I will persuade my Grandson and his mom to come along for tea. We are checking into the Grand Floridian on June 23, '05' . Maybe I'll get a PS for that afternoon. Thanks Again

The Sally Lunn bread is very good. It is basically a thick slice of toasted bread with butter and apricot preserves. Also, something sweet (but not too sweet) was the lemon pound cake. Both my mother and I agree that it was the best.

Personally, I would skip the tea sandwiches. They are basically small, crust free sandwiches and are way over priced.

Choose your flavour of tea wisely as you will have a whole fresh brewed pot to yourself.

you might want to decide on your date and book as soon as possible. the afternoon tea books quickly! it is very popular! i have had the special garden view tea; it is very nice. i usually order the buckingham palace. it has enough of a selection to get a great idea of the tea offerings. hope you have a delightful time at tea! :earboy2: :wave:

I usually always order the Buckingham palace & am always quite pleased with it. The tea sandwiches are very good--this last time the egg salad & seafood salad were especially yummy. The scone is wonderful & then I always choose the pastry selections. I have tried the hot cinnamon spice tea & the lemon verbana & both are wonderful. This is such a nice break from the parks & I think I wouldn't mind at all to do it alone--bring along a Jane Austen novel or something equally proper to read if you like. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter