• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

After waitlist over, can you stalk Member Services to see if anything opens up?

kangaroodle

DVC Member
OK....I am waitlisted for the end of next month. I know my chances are slim to none, but a girl can dream, can't she? :)

When the waitlist ends 7 days prior to my arrival date, can I still call Member Services every day to see if something opens up?

Has anyone ever called Member Services for a reservation and gotten something that doesn't show up on the website? Can they see ALL the resorts at once to easily book a split stay? I wish all the resorts would pop up at once on the website....For example, wish you could put in "Any Resort" , "1 bedroom, any view" Or "Deluxe Studio". Why does it make you jump through a million hoops to see all the availability! :confused3

You can keep on contacting MS.... Keep in mind to remember the rules about points should the villa you want be less points than the villa you may have already booked.

I know when I was at BWV last we added on a night at the beginning of the trip somewhat short notice (3 mos approx) and had to get a Pool/Garden view vs a boardwalk view and I kept on calling after the 7 day mark as it was the same points value.

You can stalk the site WHILE you have a waitlist. I do;) We planned a last minute trip to Disney for two nights before we go on a cruise easter break. When I first looked for availability, there were no studios. I was told to stalk the website and within a day, some nights opened here and there, but not together. We booked two separate rooms, and within another few days I was able to get the two nights together in one room. Stalk the site. As we get closer to the 31 day mark when cancellations go into holding, I'm still checking periodically and seeing a night here and there open briefly at resorts like BWV and VWL. They don't stay open for long, and always only one night, but it can't hurt if you don't mind taking the time.

Luckyman_apd- I gotta tell ya, that airplane in your countdown clock is REALLY breaking the rules (heigth above ground)! Brought back a fond memory!

Luckyman_apd- I gotta tell ya, that airplane in your countdown clock is REALLY breaking the rules (heigth above ground)! Brought back a fond memory!

i dont get it.......but im also laid up on the couch on pain pills after throwing out my back yesterday :crazy2:

i dont get it.......but im also laid up on the couch on pain pills after throwing out my back yesterday :crazy2:
The airplane shown in the countdown fails to meet aviation regulations for minimum altitude "above ground level" (AGL).

Edited to add:
Although, the runway on St. Maarten offers a similar view of low flying passenger jets in their final approach ... right over the beach.
klm-747-landing-over-beach.jpg

Feel better soon!

Awesome Pic. I get it now. We are actually headed to St. Maarten on the cruise we are taking after our 2 nights at OKW! I am SOOOOO looking forward to getting a picture like that myself!

Thanks for the well wishes:goodvibes Bright side of it is I've got my ipad to browse the Disboards all day:thumbsup2

Edited to add:
Although, the runway on St. Maarten offers a similar view of low flying passenger jets in their final approach ... right over the beach.

Yikes! I've flown in there but guess I didn't have a window seat to see that!!

Okay I did something crazy this morning before I left for work Three nights opened up at Saratoga Springs,but not consecutively. I went ahead and booked them anyway! It's the most I've seen available at any one resort. Now I have to wait list the second and fifth day. Had to take the chance, didn't want to lose those days! I hope at least that second day becomes available. I have faith!

Okay I did something crazy this morning before I left for work Three nights opened up at Saratoga Springs,but not consecutively. I went ahead and booked them anyway! It's the most I've seen available at any one resort. Now I have to wait list the second and fifth day. Had to take the chance, didn't want to lose those days! I hope at least that second day becomes available. I have faith!
Good luck! We are pulling for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter