Affordable cell phone plan

I'm really thinking of trying this. I hope I don't regret it.

We just went to Xfinity in December and love it so far. Our monthly bill has dropped from 120 a month with AT&T (for 15 gb) to about $40. If we ever are using a ton of data you can open your account online (or on the app) and switch your plan from by the gb to unlimited for $45 a month.

My husbands current employer pays for his cell phone. He is leaving to a new position with a different company and will no longer have this perk. We are looking for an affordable cell phone/plan. I am currently on my parents family plan with a basic phone (not a smartphone) for $30/month (I reimburse them the cost of course). We are looking to get me off my parents family plan and get myself a smartphone along with my husband. Where should we start looking for affordable plans? Hubby stopped by Bestbuy on his way home from work and was quoted $120/month for 2 phones/4gb data.
We were in same position as you. Husbands old job paid for smartphone & I was on sisters plan (works for phone company). Daughter was becoming of age for her old phone so we needed to get all of us on same plan. We ended up at Sprint. Got 4 lines for $160 a month, unlimited txt & data. My husband & I got 2 new iPhones ( buy 1 get 1 free) & daughter got my old phone. However, that was 2 years ago. We just switched from Sprint to Verizon. It was buy 1 get 1 free for an iPhone XR & daughter got my old phone. It’s again for 4 lines (we keep extra in house for emergency backup) & it’s still about $160 month. If you don’t need more than 2 lines, obviously it will be cheaper. We ALWAYS wait for a special promotion. We do find Verizon better than sprint as far as coverage goes.

My husbands current employer pays for his cell phone. He is leaving to a new position with a different company and will no longer have this perk. We are looking for an affordable cell phone/plan. I am currently on my parents family plan with a basic phone (not a smartphone) for $30/month (I reimburse them the cost of course). We are looking to get me off my parents family plan and get myself a smartphone along with my husband. Where should we start looking for affordable plans? Hubby stopped by Bestbuy on his way home from work and was quoted $120/month for 2 phones/4gb data.

I use Straight Talk prepaid wireless from WalMart. I buy a $495.00 card once a year, and get unlimited talk, text, and 10 gb of data a month.

I think I pay $180 a month for 5 lines (includes tax) for unlimited talk, text and data on tmobile. It includes netflix which I had been paying for anyway. My plan includes a feature called kickback that each line that doesn't go over 2 gb. I have two teens so that isn't happening. However my 90 year old mother doesn't use data (it is really an emergency phone at this point), and my dh and I use some data but not over 2gb so it is $150 including netflix for 5 lines or $30 a line.

So I looked into Consumer Cellular and it seems to be a good deal (they run on T-Mobile networks).

Right now Target.com has Cricket, Tracfone, TMobile and AT&T refill cards buy 1 get one 30% off

Right now Target.com has Cricket, Tracfone, TMobile and AT&T refill cards buy 1 get one 30% off
Thanks! I’m with AT&T Prepaid now and that’ll save me money! I need to read the fine print on how many I can buy, but a 15% discount plus my Red Card discount is pretty good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter