Aerosmith Roller Coaster

ErinsMommy

She believed she could, so she did
Just how bad is it Really?! We've done Tower of Terror. Expedition Everest, Space and BTMRR. Worse than? I hear upside disn/sideways but how much/how long? Yes I'm more scared than my 8 year old :sad: lol

Just how bad is it Really?! We've done Tower of Terror. Expedition Everest, Space and BTMRR. Worse than? I hear upside disn/sideways but how much/how long? Yes I'm more scared than my 8 year old :sad: lol

its awesome. I hate roller coasters in general but I love the rock'n rollercoaster. The flat launch is pretty intense but after that initial 3 seconds the rest of the ride is a blast.

I can't compare it to much. I haven't ever been on tower of terror, expedition everest, or space mountain because I am too scared

Well you are pretty tightly held in. There is no way to describe being upside down. The ride is too short for me, it seems to be over in a heartbeat. It goes faster than EE.

After mission space I'm hoping Aerosmith launch isn't worse lol

there's 3 inversions.
you are right side up before you even realize you were upside down.
the launch is the most thrilling part from 0-60mph in 2.8 seconds.
if you can go on all the other thrill rides and you like or at least don't mind the "tickle in your tummy " feeling like tower of terror gives you a lot when dropping then you'll be fine.

in fact i find TOT to be more thrilling because i love the feeling in your stomach.

If you can do EE then you can do RnRC for sure.

My DS was scared of all coasters, except for BTMRR, then he finally tried RnRC and he was hooked. In fact after that we had to go back to USF and he did Hulk, Duelling Dragons and Rip Ride Rockit.

Sit back relax and have a blast!!!:thumbsup2

Ok doesn't seem so bad with the lights on - I saw one POV in the dark and heard too many screams lol

Personally, I'd say ToT was more intense. If you can do that, you should be fine with RnRC.

Last edited:
I thought it was the best, most fun ride I've ever been on. Definitely the smoothest! I love rollercoasters!

On the other hand, my DH truly seemed to believe that he was going to die. He doesn't like roller coasters In general, though.

I'm a big coaster chicken. I won't ride any of the big coasters at Universal or 6 Flags, but I LOVE RnR. (Partly, I think, because it's in the dark and I can't see that I might plummet to my death! :rolleyes: ) But, as others have said, it's so smooth and over so fast that you don't really have time to be scared. Plus, the fun neon lights coupled with the soundtrack make it more exciting and give you something else to focus on. The inversions go by in a blink, too, especially since you can't really see them coming.

I think if you can do ToT and Everest you'll do just fine on RnR.

RnRC is a great ride and is one of my favorites. You do go upside down twice (1 loop and 1 corkscrew), but the best part of the whole ride is the launch. A word of warning, I was quite intimidated after I saw the launch for the first time while waiting in line. I was so scared I wanted to use the chicken exit, but I am so glad I didn't because after I was finished riding, I had to get back in line and ride again.

It is awesome! I love roller coasters, though. Even though this one is in the dark, there are so many neon signs that you can see the track (I hate that, actually, but it is probably helpful to some nervous people). Like someone else said, the ride is too short, so it will be over before you know it. I say definitely try it - if you hate it, just don't do it again.

There is an outdoor version, exact same track layout in Holland.

My husband and son could not believe that they had actually been on that roller coaster when you can see it in the daylight. I think because RnR is dark and you can't see the track it makes the experience a very different one.

I can't link a video as I don't know how <old lady> so just copy paste

Xpress: Platform 13 offride Walibi Holland

into YouTube search bar and choose the one posted by Xtremerides as it shows the launch and then immediately cuts to the outside off ride view. It also shows it from several angles giving you a full picture.

We love RnRC. My daughter doesn't love it because she says that the soundtrack that it is your ear as you ride is too loud. But she will chicken out on almost every ride but she loves RnRC. May have to try ear plugs next time. :rolleyes:

I was always a coaster junkie, but for what ever reason I can't too a lot of them anymore. However, RNRC does fine for me. It could be the awesome music you get to hear. LOL! Plus, the launch is AMAZING without making me sick like Mission: Space!

I too am not a coaster person but rode this in November on our very first trip to Disney. I loved it and I am looking forward to riding it again next year when we go. I will not ride ToT (I don't like being dropped straight down). Like previous posters said, it's over so quick when you go upside down you don't even realize that is what happened...lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter