Aeroplan - savings until February 28th!!

epicureangirl

Mouseketeer
Aeroplan is trying to encourage it's members to use the online booking system and it will save you points until February 28th, 2003.

No, I don't work for the Airlines. But I was able to book 2 tickets for myself and my daughter, at 23,000 points each instead of 25,000. With the 4,000 points I saved, I was able to transfer a few hundred points to my husband so he could buy his ticket.

You were not able to do this before, but until the end of the month you can transfer points on line to another person at 2 cents a point. If you buy points they are still 4 cents a point.

The online system can be a bit difficult to navigate -- it only shows you Air Canada flights so it can't search partner airlines (United, etc.) for a leg of your journey.

TIP: Call Aeroplan, have the agent check your dates until they find something suitable (and all on Air Canada), write down the info and then go book online. Let the agent know what you want to do -- they're more than happy to help. If you book through the agent you can not take advantage of the discount on points, or the 2 cent-a-point transfer rate.

Happy travels,
Michelle

Thanks, Epicureangirl!!!!

I will take a look right now. My DD and I are thinking of going out to NS in the spring to check out a university out there that she applied to and was thinking of using my points.

Tink42

Hope it works out for you and you can get the dates you want. Every little bit helps!

Cheers,
Michelle

DH did this last weekend to fly up to YYZ. It was only 14,000 instead of 15,000 points. We even got flights on the day of travel using their website. (Unlike usually having to book many months in advance with Aeroplan - and waiting on hold for hours!) The computer would only give him Atlanta - Montreal - Toronto on the outbound flight, but once he got to the airport they let him standby for the direct flight.
(PS - it wasn't cold enough for him here, so he had to go there!)

Is this aeroplan sale for flights booked and taken by Feb 28th or at least booked but taken later ie Aug?
Thanks

Thanks epicureangirl, I will now try and get through to Aeroplan and see what I can arrange for this summer for my DD and myself. We are planning a really great WDW trip (at least 12-14 days) before she leaves for university. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter