Aer Lingus/Disney Booking

MissStitch626

DIS Veteran
Mostly venting on this but also hoping someone can chime in with advice/reassurance!

We've booked a flight-inclusive package with WDTC, flying with Aer Lingus for the first time. After paying our balance in full, we've tried to contact AL - we want to select our seats, and also need to talk to them as our flight info on the app doesn't match our invoice.

No one from AL is willing to speak to us, and on Messenger & WhatsApp I get no response at all. On the phone they just keep asking for the ticket number, which Disney say isn't something they'd have. Disney keeps saying no reason AL shouldn't be able to let us book seats and directing us back to them.

I've been reading some pretty concerning reviews about changes to aircraft on this route and just want to get two seats booked together.

Has anyone come across this before or know any tips to get them to book our seats?

Sorry I have flown with Aer Lingus but not as a flight-inclusive package. We book hotel/tickets with Disney then flights directly with AL or Virgin. A friend had the same issue with a package like yours and she was told it was because the full balance hadn't been paid (as not due at that point). Could this be a reason?

You are getting the run around as you booked through a third party WDTC and not through Aer Lingus direct.

Aer Lingus is my airline of choice as I live in Dublin. I have been flying with them for over 20 years, transatlantic and short haul to UK and Europe. I only book direct and never have any issues.

As you booked through a third party WDTC, they are the ones who "own" the booking and you need to go through them to make changes.

Sorry I have flown with Aer Lingus but not as a flight-inclusive package. We book hotel/tickets with Disney then flights directly with AL or Virgin. A friend had the same issue with a package like yours and she was told it was because the full balance hadn't been paid (as not due at that point). Could this be a reason?
Unfortunately not, we've paid in full (which I kind of regret at this point, if I wasn't paid in full I'd be considering taking off the flight part and booking flights myself)

You are getting the run around as you booked through a third party WDTC and not through Aer Lingus direct.

Aer Lingus is my airline of choice as I live in Dublin. I have been flying with them for over 20 years, transatlantic and short haul to UK and Europe. I only book direct and never have any issues.

As you booked through a third party WDTC, they are the ones who "own" the booking and you need to go through them to make changes.
I so regret booking a package. BA is our usual airline and we always book direct but saw what seemed like a good deal with WDTC. Others who've booked packages have reported being able to select seats on the phone with Aer Lingus without any issues as long as their balance was paid. Even Aer Lingus told us this, but since paying the balance they refuse to speak to us at all.

The main issue we have is we've booked and paid for Business seats both ways, but in the app it shows Economy on the outbound leg. Disney have checked and everything at their end shows Business. The seat selection would be less of a concern for me, it's really just to give me peace of mind that we're in the seats we've booked.

Just re read your post. You say you have paid in full but Disney dont have a ticket number to give you. What I think my be the issue is that while you have paid WDTC, WDTC have not transferred the money to Aer Lingus. Therefore the flights are just reserved but not confirmed. When WDTC transfer the money to Aer Lingus, then the flights will be confirmed and a ticket number will be issued.

I had a similar problem about 10 years ago. I booked flights to California with an Irish travel company. This was before Aer Lingus were doing the Dublin to LAX direct route. My itinerary was supposed to be Dublin to Heathrow with BA and then Heathrow to LAX with Virgin. I paid the travel company in full but they never transferred the money to the airlines. I went to the airport to check in and was told I only had a reservation and not a confirmed flight. The BA agents in Dublin were amazing, they printed out what was on their screen, showing me as booked but not confirmed. I had to ring the travel company to sort it out. BA could not do anything for me. I got it sorted in the end but was not on the flights I had originally wanted.

Last edited:

Finally got this resolved this morning!

We had another chat with Disney this morning and managed to get the e-ticket number. Another call to AL and it worked so we managed to get the seats booked!

Looking forward to seeing what flying with AL will be like after flying with BA for so many years.

Finally got this resolved this morning!

We had another chat with Disney this morning and managed to get the e-ticket number. Another call to AL and it worked so we managed to get the seats booked!

Looking forward to seeing what flying with AL will be like after flying with BA for so many years.
Would be interested in what you thought after your flight. Hope it went\goes well.

Ive had no option other than AL for over 30 years now, and I am really looking forward to Jet Blue in the Dublin market.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter