Advice!

1andrea

DIS Veteran
So, I have been trying to contact Member Services for some advice regarding our DVC points but after putting in aaaaaalllllll the required numbers and information i'm disconnected and asked to call back as theyre too busy. Not sure why there isn't an option to hold.....

Anyway.....

We have banked points from our December use year that are due to expire end of Nov this year.

then points from December 20 use year that we will need to bank by July (is that correct)

We are planning on going back to Disney July 2022 (if we're allowed to travel)

Any ideas what to do with the points due to expire? Are there any concessions for UK visitors?

I have tranferred in the past to other members but I dont think banked points are allowed to be transferred.

What are you all doing with your due to expire points?

Any help or advice is appreciated.

Thank you xx

Yes you’d need to bank just before 4 months from the start of your use year.

They will extend points for international DVC members until 31 May 22. You will need to call MS but at this point they won’t be extending until July 22.

You can’t transfer anything but current use year points, but the points can be banked once transferred.

We’ve booked for Easter 22 as we had a credit due to our cancelled flight and Virgin is honouring this years price. I have seen lots of people renting their points, the other option is putting them in RCI.

You could just wait until July to see if they extend points further.

Yes you’d need to bank just before 4 months from the start of your use year.

They will extend points for international DVC members until 31 May 22. You will need to call MS but at this point they won’t be extending until July 22.

You can’t transfer anything but current use year points, but the points can be banked once transferred.

We’ve booked for Easter 22 as we had a credit due to our cancelled flight and Virgin is honouring this years price. I have seen lots of people renting their points, the other option is putting them in RCI.

You could just wait until July to see if they extend points further.

Thank you!

its so frustrating that the May deadline won’t work for us. With work and my daughter being away until end of June 22 we have no chance of getting back before then.

I think I’ll try and rent the banked points now while they still have quite a bit of time before expiry.
I don’t have much time at the moment so trying to make sense of all the rules and changes, I don’t have a clue about RCI and it’s something else to read up on and it isn’t something I have time for.

I am glad yours fell okay for you xx

What are you all doing with your due to expire points?

Any help or advice is appreciated.

Thank you xx
You could consider renting those banked points.
Get some cash to pay your dues. You can usually rent them for double your dues or more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter