Advice when best to go!

waltslostnephew

Mouseketeer
All right you pros. I want to go sometime after Thanksgiving and Before Christmas. In this time frame when is it the best to go. I am thinking the 2nd to 7th of december and which moderate does everyone like best. I have stayed at all except carribean beach. THANKS

As long as you are aware that this is Pop Warner week, and make plans to avoid the sweet li'l tykes (usually by hitting parks early), you'll have a great visit this week. I'd strongly suggest CSR, as this mod does NOT host the Pop Warner crowds to any extent...although I did see one or two families that were clearly of that group.

If you want to avoid them entirely, I'd suggest the following week. I think they leave around the 12th this year. Honestly, I had absolutely no run-ins with them...all my warnings are anecdotal...but I did stay at CSR, so avoided the worst of it. I also avoid the parks at night, esp. EMH nights.

The week you chose is also traditionally Mousefest week, so that can be good or bad, depending on how you look at it. If you like to meet with other DIS fanatics, it's a good time to do so.

They also tape the Christmas parade (for airing on Christmas day) around the 1st of the month, and unless you like crowds and tedious repeats of the same taping over and over and over, I'd plan to avoid MK the day of the taping. However, there's always the chance you may encounter some random celeb during this time...

stay away from cheerleader week..its a mad house,,any where you go..buses and buses of teens//pool is packed all week.and food court ,,and the parks..

stay away from cheerleader week..its a mad house,,any where you go..buses and buses of teens//pool is packed all week.and food court ,,and the parks..

Again, not my experience. I hear this is worse at the values, and POR/FQ (the official Pop Warner mod. resort). Good planning can avoid the worst of this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter