• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Advice?? Should I try out VGF2?

BaybeeYoda

Mouseketeer
Hello! Asking for suggestions or advice…. Not sure whether to switch rooms,

We are at the world btwn June 18-July 3 pretty much exclusivity at boardwalk area. Moving 4 times in 15 days. All at boardwalk (switching btwn bwv/bcv studios and 1bd).

Moving every 5/4/4/3 days (studio bwv/1bd bcv/studio bwv/1bd bwv…. switching to have access to laundry, and kids really want to try bcv).

I really want to try vgf2 std studio. Is it worth the switch?? We would do std view to save dvc points.

Don’t know where I would do it if I were to switch. Should I even bother?

Possibilities;
Maybe split my bcv 1bd into 2 nights each (instead of 4 nights).

Or swap out bwv studio 4 days w/boardwalk view into vgf2 studio std?

Or swap out 1bd bwv std for vgf studio?

Any advice???

Last edited:
I don't know if I'd willingly move once, let alone 4 or 5 times.

Anyways, none of us have stayed in one yet to know. But my own curiosity got the best of me and I switched my July trip from SSR to VGF2 this morning, just to see 🤷‍♂️. If you're curious and you're not sure you'll have the option again, go for it.

If moving to GF2 saves your having to move, to me its a no brainer.

Not sure what the actual calendar looks like, but I would keep BCV 1 bedroom and not cut it short. The kids will love it (most likely).
I would try to streamline the BW situation. If cutting out some BW and adding in VGF works, then I would do that.

I agree. Too much movement at BW. If it were me I would do a combination of BC/BW, VGF if you are curious, if not Poly, and AKL. Not necessarily in that order. 15 days is a lot more park time than you realistically need, and it would be fun to check out a bunch of different pools.

Moving every 5/4/4/3 days (studio bwv/1bd bcv/studio bwv/1bd bwv…. switching to have access to laundry, and kids really want to try bcv).
I have 2 kids, love BWV and BCV and almost all of our 8+day trips are split stays ...
... and your schedule might kill my love for split stays!

I know it's a long trip, but if BCV is a must-do for your family, I might do the last 7 nights at VGF and save yourself some moving. You already have a BWV part of your stay, and doing laundry from the studios is wayyyy easier at VGF than at BWV (I have done both).

Studio bwv (5)/1bd bcv (4)/studio VGF2 (7)

Are you really going to be going into MK for 7 nights? If not is it worth paying the MK resort premium? Are the facilities at VGF really that good? I haven’t stayed there so it is a question, not trying to be argumentative.

I like moving, I think it's fun. I can live without laundry a couple days and make a new grocery order. I'd totally swap a leg for it.

I would modify this only if you have kids young enough to need naps. Otherwise, I don't think it's a big deal to split stay.

I didn't notice who "we" are. If it's just you, sure why not? I once chose to stay 2 days each in a standard studio, a value studio, and a savannah studio at AKL shortly after it opened to DVC. Enjoyable and interesting. But I'm not at all sure I'd have a whole family pack and repack that many times, unless it's something they're completely on board with doing.

I have 2 kids, love BWV and BCV and almost all of our 8+day trips are split stays ...
... and your schedule might kill my love for split stays!

I know it's a long trip, but if BCV is a must-do for your family, I might do the last 7 nights at VGF and save yourself some moving. You already have a BWV part of your stay, and doing laundry from the studios is wayyyy easier at VGF than at BWV (I have done both).

Studio bwv (5)/1bd bcv (4)/studio VGF2 (7)
Oh! I did not know doing laundry is easier at VGF!!

I’m actually a little upset bc since I posted above, VGF no longer has my last night at Disney (June 2) so I could only do studio for 6 nights then move!!!

How is the laundry easier at VGF? The rooms for VGF2 look lovely, don’t they???

I didn't notice who "we" are. If it's just you, sure why not? I once chose to stay 2 days each in a standard studio, a value studio, and a savannah studio at AKL shortly after it opened to DVC. Enjoyable and interesting. But I'm not at all sure I'd have a whole family pack and repack that many times, unless it's something they're completely on board with doing.
We - family of 4 including 2 sons ages 12 and 9…. Maybe I’ll just cross my fingers that vgf2 will be easily accessible next year???

Are you really going to be going into MK for 7 nights? If not is it worth paying the MK resort premium? Are the facilities at VGF really that good? I haven’t stayed there so it is a question, not trying to be argumentative.
I’m probably more interested in Epcot and HS, but kids are ok with magic kingdom… though they think it’s a little “baby” now (they are 9 and 12).

I had thought it might be nice to stay walking distance for magic nights? Just curious about the rooms but looks like the standard view resort studio is gone for my last night (July 3). Bummer,

I’ve stayed at most studios and I also saw the Grand Floridian resort studio room tour in person. Stay at the resort studio the WHOLE TIME. it was so regal and flawless in person. The colors, the room, it was unbelievably gorgeous, felt really big. The videos don’t do it justice even though they look good too. The boardwalk rooms feel so sub par compared to these even though I enjoy the boardwalk.

How is the laundry easier at VGF? The rooms for VGF2 look lovely, don’t they???
The last time we stayed at BWV (Dec 2020) there were 2 laundry rooms but they were very far away and always seemed to be in use - BWV is a sprawling resort. VGF1 has only about 47 studios max that share one laundry room in that building. If any LO 2br are booked, thats even less crowding in the laundry room. I think with the resort studios there will be about 200 sharing one or more laundry rooms, so that seems like a little more of a squeeze. But in either building, at least the laundry room isn't a hike.

I have never had to wait for laundry at Riviera or VGF, when I've been in studios there. Doing laundry on a Disney cruise or at BWV was a competitive sport, however. We usually book 1br or larger and only bring 3-4 days' worth of clothes. We don't have a washer dryer in our apartment at home, so getting to do laundry without leaving our unit is quite the luxury. 🤣

We just did 3 days, 7 days, and then 4 days at 3 different resorts. It was actually really great and we loved changing it up and trying new pools/food. I don’t think I would’ve wanted to do much more than that though.

VGF1 laundry room is quite pleasant, IMO, clean and well-kept. Only 2 washers to about 6 dryers, which is odd, I think.

There's a built-in desk with tv screen above it and a fairly comfy chair if you prefer to wait there for laundry to finish as I do.

Maintenance are quick to respond in case of a problem, I once found, although that was around 4 years ago. No telling with covid changes if that's still the case.

Thx- I ended up deciding to stay at bwv - VGF’s lack of fridge and the .8 mile walk to MK pushed me back to boardwalk where we have a view! The walk to MK is the same distance as the walk btwn BWV and HS (which is fine, but we have the boardwalk view category!).

No bad choice :)

Last edited:
We love BWV and BCV have stayed in both 1 bdrm and studios there. The location cannot be beat! We toyed with changing to the GF2 studios but, the lack of an actual fridge and microwave plus all of us sharing one room nixed that idea. You might want to keep checking up until your arrival and even at check-in to see if they might have availability to slightly minimize the time you are moving within the same resort. Either way, your family will enjoy a lot of adventure experiencing different resort amenities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter