Advice please

NorthernON_MOM

DIS Lover
OK, I'm going absolutely insane trying to figure out what dh and I want to do for our 10th Anniversary. We had such a great time in Disney for our family vacation and it was an easy decision, but this one is so much more difficult since we are not taking our children and we've basically never been anywhere. Plus we are trying not to spend an arm and a leg since we've already done one trip this year. So...all that said, these are what we're trying to decide between.

1. Royal Caribbean cruise (Oct.31 - Nov.7) :D

2. Florida trip (Oct. 31 - Nov. 6) - universal and Disney ::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo

3. Las Vegas Trip (Aug. 8 - 14) :sunny:

4. All-inclusive trip (oct/nov) no idea where. :confused:

If you could choose one option what would it be and why? Thanks.

I'd probably vote for the RCI cruise with the Disney/Universal trip a close second. I'd go for the cruise because you've just come back from Disney (although I know that one trip isn't enough, even in the same year!).

On the cruise, you will totally relax and be pampered thoroughly! You can enjoy all the luxuries of the ship plus visit some beautiful ports!

I'm going on a 4 day cruise with RCI on April 22; I usually cruise Disney but RCI had a better price and I have a Disney cruise booked for Oct anyway.

Have fun whatever you do!

For me the choice would be easy because I can't fly. It would be Disney World, unless I was going to go cruising from a Florida port with other people. My DH and I went on a cruise for our honeymoon. It was very nice but we both commented that it would be so much better with family and friends. We only had three stops so we spent many days at sea which was good for us because we needed the relaxation. Unfortunately, we ended up at a table all to ourselves. While this is nice, after a few days you really don't have a lot to talk about because you already know how their day was because you were with them.

The table next to us had three couples who seemed to have a great time even though they didn't know each other.

I've heard Vegas is nice but isn't it hot in August?

Did you know that on the dates you have for a proposed Florida trip coincide with the Epcot Food & Wine festival?

How about renting DVC points and getting a nice studio (or a 1BR) at one of the DVC resorts (or better yet, since you were thinking of buying DVC, using your own points).

I'd go on a cruise but I think I would also request a larger table. Unless you really want to just spend the time all by yourselves. If you go onto one of the cruise sites they have a section where you can meet up with people on your cruise. That is always a lot of fun.
tigercat

If you can get over the guilt of going to WDW withoutthe kiddies then yeah WDW, but it seems you've been there three times already how many for the DH??

But in my case DW and I are in the same boat as you, took the kids to WDW 2000 and now are planning a trip just us, so it will be a cruise or all inclusive. the Cruise and disney combo is a consideration but $$$ says all inclusive. Especially Nov would normally be a little slower season, you could get some good deals. IMHO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter