Advice please - regular park hopper tickets vs. unlimited Fastpass ???

Llisa

Earning My Ears
Ok, I can get 5-day-for-the-price-of-3 Park Hopper tickets for a total cost of $406 (2 adults, 2 children). These tickets include free parking - which I have no intention of using since we're staying quite close to DL.

For an extra $52, I can get the Passport Plus tickets which also includes one free breakfast (no big deal - my hotel has comp. breakfast) plus a $10 ESPN Zone coupon (might come in handy for my 8 year old). The big difference is that with these tickets I get the unlimited Fastpass option.

So, to all of you Disney veterans out there - could you please advise whether or not the Passport Plus tickets are worth the extra money. We'll be visiting at the end of June, so I'm expecting BIG crowds but it appears that Fastpass is only available on a small number of attractions.

Thanks in advance for your views.

I would go ahead and spend the extra money for the unlimited fastpasses. You may not necessarily NEED it but it's a nice option to have if you do. It'll help you enjoy the resort at a more leasurely pace. For example, last summer I had my nieces in town and took them to the parks for three days. At around 2 O'clock, we'd "load" up on some fastpasses. (i.e. get one from DL, one from DCA and one from the "unconnected" attractions) THen, we'd go home for a couple of hours just to relax and then we'd go back to the parks and start using all of our fastpasses.

Depending on when you are going having the unlimited FP may be a lifesaver, and in any case will be a nice perk. My understanding is that you can use those breakfast vouchers at any meal, any disney restaurant. Meaning you can use those vouchers (at face value) on lunch or dinner in the park.

Here is what you could use FP for -
Disneyland FastPass
Autopia
Big Thunder Mountian RR
Haunted Mansion
Indiana Jones
Pirates of the Caribbean
Space Mountain
Splash Mountain
Star Tours
Winnie the Pooh

DCA Fastpass
California Screamin’
Grizzly River Rapids
Tough to be a Bug
Muppet’s 3-D
Mulholland Madness
Soarin’ Over California
Millionaire

Woooh-hoooo! I just checked my hotel rate on the 'Net and it's dropped so I re-booked and then cancelled my original reservation. Since I've just saved over $250, this issue of the Passport Plus versus regular tickets is no longer an issue - I'm spending the extra few dollars!

Ironic really, I think I've SAVED $250 but in reality, we'll just spend the money someplace else - lol!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter